GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
GTItheIllest
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 United Grey GTI
Where to buy VW DG Springs?

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy VW DriverGear springs? Ive been searching and cant find anything. Thanks! Cant wait to get them
OEM Golf R LED Taillights l GHL catback l 18" Black Karthoums l Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires l Nitto Neo-Gen tires l BBS LM style 18" gold wheels l 20% tints all around l Oem vortex roof rack l OEM Bi-Xenons l DG springs l Gloss black mirror caps l Color matched side markers l Injen CAI l Engine cover delete l Nokya 2500k yellow fogs

Last edited by GTItheIllest; 03-08-2012 at 10:30 PM.
GTItheIllest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
www.keffervwparts.com
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Jason3d
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
Group buy is in progress in the Classifieds section.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33737

I bought mine from www.keffervwparts.com
Jason3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
GTItheIllest
Rally Car Newbie

Yeah i saw that. May have to get in. But is all the mounting tools NEEDED or optional? I thought when you get springs all you need is the springs themselves
OEM Golf R LED Taillights l GHL catback l 18" Black Karthoums l Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires l Nitto Neo-Gen tires l BBS LM style 18" gold wheels l 20% tints all around l Oem vortex roof rack l OEM Bi-Xenons l DG springs l Gloss black mirror caps l Color matched side markers l Injen CAI l Engine cover delete l Nokya 2500k yellow fogs
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Jason3d
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
You should read this thread. It has more info than you ever wanted to know about DG springs. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098

New bump stops are cheap, but I personally probably wouldn't worry about replacing them just because they have been trimmed down.

Why are you switching out your Eibach Sportlines? Did you not like the Koni STR.T shocks? I'm guessing No, since you're switching your setup to DG springs and stock shocks.
Jason3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
GTItheIllest
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason3d View Post
You should read this thread. It has more info than you ever wanted to know about DG springs. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098

New bump stops are cheap, but I personally probably wouldn't worry about replacing them just because they have been trimmed down.

Why are you switching out your Eibach Sportlines? Did you not like the Koni STR.T shocks? I'm guessing No, since you're switching your setup to DG springs and stock shocks.

Yeah, i spent like 2 hours reading that entire thread and thats what influenced my decision to get the DG springs. The sportlines looked nice and handled good but dropped it a little much for me. Sags a bit in the rear. The koni str.t's actually suck though. The ride did not improve at all, it got a little worse in fact. Ive only had them on for a 2 weeks. Long story short, the ride still sucks after doing all this. The DG's provide exactly what i want and you can use oem dampers!

I will be putting the konis and eibachs on the classifides for sale in a few days
Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Is Keffer no longer supplying aftermarket parts? I just got off their website which doesn't show anything other than VW parts ... Anyone knows where else I could find DG springs?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
sh0ebox
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 CW Golf TDI 4dr 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Is Keffer no longer supplying aftermarket parts? I just got off their website which doesn't show anything other than VW parts ... Anyone knows where else I could find DG springs?
Go to www.keffervwparts.com and search the part number you are looking for.

2 door Manual, 2.5, GTI, or TDI = 5K3071677A
2 door DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K3071677B
4 door, Manual, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677A
4 door, DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677B
sh0ebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Thanks and done! Should get those soon...

Is there anything else I need beside the DG springs and the Bilstein struts (adding Powergrid links in front)?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
PlaidDad
Oval Champion

Drives: Shadow Blue GTI DSG 4 dr, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Thanks and done! Should get those soon...

Is there anything else I need beside the DG springs and the Bilstein struts (adding Powergrid links in front)?
Various opinions on re-use of various on-time bolts, etc. Near unanimity on need to replace front strut bearings.

Interested in the Konis, why didn't you like them? Am poised to buy those with DG springs and H&R sways. My other option, cheaper to be sure, would be to keep my OE dampers with 23k miles.
PlaidDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Mk6_Matt
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2.5L GOLF MK6

Just had my DG installed. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mk6_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
PlaidDad
Oval Champion

Drives: Shadow Blue GTI DSG 4 dr, 2011
Deutsche Auto Parts has them for the same prices as Keffer. Since I bought the TT strut mounts at Deutsche, I ended up getting the DG springs and all the one-time use bolts and strut bearings as well.
PlaidDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #13
GTiMKVI
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTi DSG 4DR AUTOBAHN
Are DG springs with APR or Eibach SB still the best combination for the MK6 GTi or has VMR taken over?

The reason why I’m asking is that I cannot find any place that sells DG springs for a 4 door DSG, and because a lot of the suspension thread talk ended ended a while back.

My main goal is to keep a comfortable ride, while improving handling and overall steering feel. Sometimes I feel like the car is a bit wobbly and not as grounded as I would like.

Currently have an APR ECU flash, and Tyrolsport Deadset Kit (Front and Rear). Looking to add VMR 710 18 x 8.5 and possibly an intake. I’m really big on handling though, so I want to improve that without sacrificing comfort. Think it’s a good alternative to getting another car (Have owned the car for 7 years and only have 61k miles on it).

Thanks for your input.
GTiMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
eldiablo
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Hebridean Dance interior
Springs can be bought from Deutsche Auto Parts. https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-y...n/springs.html

Pair them up with Koni yellows for a great ride!

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116992

My Journal
eldiablo is offline   Reply With Quote