GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Rocconist
Newbie
 
Drives: V8 Toaureg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonic View Post
vag-com can do it. you can mess with region settings and change between them as you please.
Does that change the settings for the speed limits and all the others the original poster mentioned up above? Because I seem to have read somewhere in the post that this wasn't possible by simply just using VAG-COM.
Rocconist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
zeonic
Touring Car Newbie
 
zeonic's Avatar
 
Drives: MKVI GTI, MKV GTI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocconist View Post
Does that change the settings for the speed limits and all the others the original poster mentioned up above? Because I seem to have read somewhere in the post that this wasn't possible by simply just using VAG-COM.
Not sure, but one would assume it would. It's all tied together so I would think once you switch the region all the assigned setting for that location would load up. Best way to test is to find a local with a vag-com, or invest in one. They are worth it.
__________________
Will VAG for BEER
zeonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
GolfRrrr
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 CW Golf R
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonic View Post
Not sure, but one would assume it would. It's all tied together so I would think once you switch the region all the assigned setting for that location would load up. Best way to test is to find a local with a vag-com, or invest in one. They are worth it.
interested to see if VAG-COM can do what the OP has stated when changing the region
GolfRrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver
 
xHeartcoreboyx's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Qatar
Posts: 9,646
I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!


Sent from my iPhone with typos.
__________________
SOLD -> MK7 R

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
Rocconist
Newbie
 
Drives: V8 Toaureg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!.
But is the bhp rating in the GTI (factory spec'd for EUR @ 210?) similarly capped down as in the case of the R (250 vs original spec 265)?
Rocconist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
GolfRrrr
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 CW Golf R
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!


Sent from my iPhone with typos.
xHeartcoreboyx what else did it change? Is it the same as the OP?
GolfRrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver
 
xHeartcoreboyx's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Qatar
Posts: 9,646
The GTI is advertised to have 210HP while the scirocco is advertised to have 200HP and slower 0-60 ehich shows that all these numbers are just marketing.

Yes, it made the same changes as TAZZ described.


Sent from my iPhone with typos.
__________________
SOLD -> MK7 R

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.