GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #43
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 GTD
Small update:

LED interior bulbs are all fitted apart from the front dome as I am a bulb short it appears.

New fog bulbs installed. Night photos of these and tail lights later on.

The H15 Upgrade Kit is a load of rubbish, they won't stay on the bulb securely so I didn't put them on incase one of them came off inside the headlight enclosure.
andy661166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #44
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: CSG 2012 MK6 Golf GTD DSG 3 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy661166 View Post
Cheers man!

Overall they were a LOT easier to fit than when I changed the tails in my Mk5. No dash errors or anything! Only thing is I need to change them from LHD to RHD. The right hand side for the fog is just a matter of changing the bulb to a red one. However the left side for the indicator is an LED, however the supplier sent me information on how to change it all from LHD to RHD. So going to have a go at that tonight!
They sound ideal, good choice mate.

I think seeing these has convinced me to get a set. Can I ask where you ordered them from?
York_GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #45
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by York_GTi View Post
They sound ideal, good choice mate.

I think seeing these has convinced me to get a set. Can I ask where you ordered them from?
Had a look at what to do and they told me I need to change pins in the gold connector under the steering wheel (behind the vag com insert port). No idea what I'm doing so believe I can get it coded with vag com to fix the problem! But I ended up getting mine from this seller on ebay but these are the darker smoked ones...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-VI-6-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-taillights-tail-lamps-smoke-R-LOOK-GTI-/111326328823?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item19eb90f7f7

Mine are dark cherry red whereas those are black.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #46
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

Thanks for the link

Are these the lights you went for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-VI...item19eb90f40a

They don't seem as dark tint wise as yours, but it could be the pictures on the advert.

Good luck with the wiring, I thought it would have been a VCDS job rather than a wire swapping one

Either way, I would be interested to know how you get on.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #47
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Thanks for the link

Are these the lights you went for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-VI...item19eb90f40a

They don't seem as dark tint wise as yours, but it could be the pictures on the advert.

Good luck with the wiring, I thought it would have been a VCDS job rather than a wire swapping one

Either way, I would be interested to know how you get on.
Mine are darker than that. Think I got the last set off that supplier by the looks of things!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...229132&alt=web

If that link works those are the ones I bought. It should be an ended listing.

Asked a few people with VCDS so I'll see if I can get it sorted with them and keep you updated!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #48
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

Thanks mate.

I've emailed the seller of the lights to find out if he can still supply the dark cherry versions.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #49
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Thanks mate.

I've emailed the seller of the lights to find out if he can still supply the dark cherry versions.
No worries! Hope they can get them for you! But I do quite like the lighter ones too. Let me know what they say.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #50
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

25 April 2014

Night shots of the new tail lights, fog lights and LED interior. (Pics are crap but it was raining and I was tired :/).

Cheers.

Last edited by andy661166; 04-25-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #51
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

Good news, looks like he will be able to re-list a set of dark cherry lights next week, once he confirms his stock
Old 04-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #52
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Good news, looks like he will be able to re-list a set of dark cherry lights next week, once he confirms his stock
Great news hope you get them soon, I'll be sure to keep here updated with the progress with vagcom on Monday.

As for my next plan, I just changed my personalised plate over to the GTD, so I put on the license plate holders, since I have pressed plates and didn't want to drill holes in them. However I plan to get rid of the front 'euro' plate holder and then just use my own. It feels like a bold move to me, don't know why, just worried about the look without it, but I do think it will look much better. Especially when I take the plate off all together for shoots
Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #53
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

Hi mate, have you managed to get anywhere with VCDS. I have the full version myself and had a look last night, other than coding the car for the LED tails, I couldn't see anything in relation to the fog / reverse light issue

The supplier hasn't got any lights in as yet, still the lighter cherry and the black versions.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #54
andy661166
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Hi mate, have you managed to get anywhere with VCDS. I have the full version myself and had a look last night, other than coding the car for the LED tails, I couldn't see anything in relation to the fog / reverse light issue

The supplier hasn't got any lights in as yet, still the lighter cherry and the black versions.
Hey I actually couldn't get it sorted! I tried putting the car in North America mode to make the car LHD and all but nothing changed. I may just run them anyway and change them for MOT but I am going to contact the seller again.

So at the minute my car has a red reversing light and a white fog. I can change the white fog to be red but the reversing light doesn't have a place to take a bulb out to change it which seems weird! Otherwise it would have just been a matter of changing the two bulbs.

Last edited by andy661166; 04-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #55
York_GTi
Go Kart Newbie

That's not good, sorry to hear that mate. I guess this is where the seller was referring to swapping some wires around? For the MOT you would need the fog light to be on the drivers side as far as I know....swapping wires wouldn't achieve that I don't think

Lets just hope the seller confirms a quick fix
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #56
afctom
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Quote:
That's not good, sorry to hear that mate. I guess this is where the seller was referring to swapping some wires around? For the MOT you would need the fog light to be on the drivers side as far as I know....swapping wires wouldn't achieve that I don't think

Lets just hope the seller confirms a quick fix
This is why I'm going to get OEM tails when the time comes, only about 100 more than reps on eBay, and no worrying about being pulled over, failing MOT or whatever. Just plug and play. Hope you sort yours out soon though.
afctom is offline   Reply With Quote