GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #6441
Cadubya
“DUBYA” VP COUCH MOD

Drives: 2011 BT VP COUCH MACHINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
^ Out of curiosity, whats the "D7" stand for? You running a 7 speed in that thing or something?! lol

Pretty sure he's rocking a DQ500
Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 AM   #6442
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGP View Post
Not exactly a big turbo setup but I want to share my compound install (K04/GT45) on this forum, should be running in a couple of weeks.

Wait how does this work
Old 09-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #6443
mostic
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderzzz View Post
Wait how does this work

X2
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:13 AM   #6444
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Idea is the little turbo spools and makes power down low then the big one takes over. Diesels do it all the time. Combo needs to be right though or it doesn't work as well.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:13 AM   #6445
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
^ Out of curiosity, whats the "D7" stand for? You running a 7 speed in that thing or something?! lol

7th
Old 09-05-2017, 05:05 AM   #6446
mostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
Idea is the little turbo spools and makes power down low then the big one takes over. Diesels do it all the time. Combo needs to be right though or it doesn't work as well.

It's an interesting combo, if it works I think many will go same route!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #6447
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostic View Post
It's an interesting combo, if it works I think many will go same route!
Would be sweet to see it work proper but I don't see it as of now. Ko4 is pretty restrictive and will have issues with flow to the gt45 imo. gt45 is an 81mm turbo which is cray on a 2l unless all out drag car. even then FFE only uses a 76mm on they SFWD drag car.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #6448
mostic

Anyone tried the V6 3.2L Throttle Body Assembly (06E133062H)?

I have it pending to be installed but I want to make sure that it will work and if anyone used it before.

Thx

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Audi-...IEBAVC141.html
Old 09-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #6449
wndwsdwngti860
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostic View Post
Anyone tried the V6 3.2L Throttle Body Assembly (06E133062H)?

I have it pending to be installed but I want to make sure that it will work and if anyone used it before.

Thx

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Audi-...IEBAVC141.html

ive had it for quite a while now. 2 things youll need to do. first is weld a 1.5" extension on the mouth. its too narrow and not enough surface area for a good enough clamp down. second is either getting longer bolts to the manifold or drill them out on the tb more shallow
Old 09-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #6450
wndwsdwngti860

how do you guys feel about this?? ive been using the amsoil european formula for quite a while now and just got an email on this stuff..

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_...62017_TR_24998
Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #6451
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGP View Post
Not exactly a big turbo setup but I want to share my compound install (K04/GT45) on this forum, should be running in a couple of weeks.
Good lord! Works great with diesels but have never seen anyone try this on a petrol car. One turbo feeding the other. How are you cooling the output of the first turbo?
Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #6452
Charles@NGP
Oval Champion

Drives: '09 CC 2.0T 4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndwsdwngti860 View Post
how do you guys feel about this?? ive been using the amsoil european formula for quite a while now and just got an email on this stuff..

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_...62017_TR_24998
I just want to know what group of oil this exists in. Liqui Moly has in my experience put out some very good oil, so I'm hoping that this isn't just snake oil (no pun intended ). I've heard rumors that ECS had a hand in this oil, but I am seeing it available worldwide, so that may be incorrect.

I used to use Liqui Moly Leichtlauf exclusively (this new Molygen looks very similar based on the spec sheets) but have now switched to the higher grade Synthoil Premium. This isn't to say that I don't like the Leichtlauf 5w40, it's awesome oil and I will still highly recommend it. We were just out of the Leichtlauf when I built my engine this past winter and the Synthoil Premium was on hand. When building an engine, I will stick with the same oil to maintain consistency.

I'm very curious if it has the same anti-wear characteristics and deposit removal/prevention of the Leichtlauf.
Charles@NGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #6453
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Received my Turbozentrum EFR 7163 today. Although this is destined for my MKV FSI motor it would also be a good choice for Golf R folks. What makes this one unique is the custom integrated exhaust manifold which creates a factory like fit with of course much greater power potential. My target is 500whp. The design allows you to retain and use the downpipe you already have assuming you have an aftermarket downpipe already. Anyway here are some pics.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #6454
wndwsdwngti860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@NGP View Post
I just want to know what group of oil this exists in. Liqui Moly has in my experience put out some very good oil, so I'm hoping that this isn't just snake oil (no pun intended ). I've heard rumors that ECS had a hand in this oil, but I am seeing it available worldwide, so that may be incorrect.

I used to use Liqui Moly Leichtlauf exclusively (this new Molygen looks very similar based on the spec sheets) but have now switched to the higher grade Synthoil Premium. This isn't to say that I don't like the Leichtlauf 5w40, it's awesome oil and I will still highly recommend it. We were just out of the Leichtlauf when I built my engine this past winter and the Synthoil Premium was on hand. When building an engine, I will stick with the same oil to maintain consistency.

I'm very curious if it has the same anti-wear characteristics and deposit removal/prevention of the Leichtlauf.

yea thats what i was looking at as well.

I also like to be consistent and havent used anything but Amsoil when breaking in my new motor to this current day a year later using their red bottle european formula.

i know its still pretty new but if itll help in the long run id be down to switch possibly

Tags
addicted to torture, blow up ur volkswagen, breaking your trans 101, failwheeldrive anonymous, fireball lives!, james'partout