GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
GBroThaFKNVDuBBn'
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Tornado RED 2 Door GTI
Golf R LED tails/ VAg-COm help!

Recently installed my Led tails, and got the vag done. One problem, everything works fine and my fault code is gone, but the right rear reverse light turns on while my lights are on and the car is running. My reverse light turns on as it should on the left but the right one is always on. I got the lights without fogs. Did i do something wrong while vaging ? let me know if anyone has experienced this as well
GBroThaFKNVDuBBn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
"while vaging"... that rules.

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Keithuk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf GTD (170)
It sounds like an earth/ground fault somewhere.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
masmole
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 11 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBroThaFKNVDuBBn' View Post
Recently installed my Led tails, and got the vag done. One problem, everything works fine and my fault code is gone, but the right rear reverse light turns on while my lights are on and the car is running. My reverse light turns on as it should on the left but the right one is always on. I got the lights without fogs. Did i do something wrong while vaging ? let me know if anyone has experienced this as well
Please provide more details on your car like build date, options, xenons, etc, and also what code was entered in byte 18 of the 09 module.

Also check your connections. I had an issue where my turn signal bulb on the left side wasn't working yet the LED lights were fully operational. I thought it was a coding issue at first, then thought it may have been a bad blinker light bulb. Turned out it was neither. Instead, it was a loosely plugged in harness connector thanks to a sloppy install by yours truly. I clicked on the connector all the way and everything was fine.
masmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
GBroThaFKNVDuBBn'
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Tornado RED 2 Door GTI
not by the car at the moment but it has halogens, not sure on the built date. Im certain the connections are good, it might have been the vag. It was done by a friend so not sure what he input.
GBroThaFKNVDuBBn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
masmole
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 11 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBroThaFKNVDuBBn' View Post
not by the car at the moment but it has halogens, not sure on the built date. Im certain the connections are good, it might have been the vag. It was done by a friend so not sure what he input.
Perhaps your friend had inadvertently coded byte 18 for lights with one fog light instead of dual reverse lights. I asked what build date because I'm trying to see if you have a newer module or not. Assuming it's a newer one, I would ask your friend to code byte 18 to 1F. If that doesn't work, try 21, 55, or 3D in that order. These are all known codes for newer modules using LED tails without a rear fog light. If you have an older module, try coding byte 18 to 20. Good luck.
masmole is offline   Reply With Quote