GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
pgard1
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2015 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjed_TDi View Post
Not a bad idea. There are plenty of DYIers that might take the plunge. Heck if you coud make it plug and play, I would buy ASAP
plug n play would definitely make this more appealing.
pgard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
kwalton
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 86
The mkvi's are a pretty easy install but if you are an extreme novice with 12v electronics I would suggest taking it to a professional. I have been doing this for 20+ years as well and nothing is worse than trying to clean up a diy gone wrong.
kwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #17
phd-12v
Formula 5000 Champion
 
phd-12v's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 Gti
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
The mkvi's are a pretty easy install but if you are an extreme novice with 12v electronics I would suggest taking it to a professional. I have been doing this for 20+ years as well and nothing is worse than trying to clean up a diy gone wrong.
this man speaks the truth.


PLUG AND PLAY will never happen on these vehicles. NEVER. LOL

now we do make some chrysler and dodge plug and play ones, with gm in the near future, but as it stands right now plug and play is impossible due to the differences between DSG vehicles and non DSG vehicles.
__________________
Jason---TECH SUPPORT GURU
2010 Gti w/DSG
2012 Jetta Se 2.5
phd-12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
phd-12v
Formula 5000 Champion
 
phd-12v's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 Gti
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgard1 View Post
Whats a ballpark cost figure for this type of setup?
i would say 300 installed for keyless entry and remote start. Remote start only may cut it down to say 275 ish. Because of the price of parts.

When you have veteren installers like kwalton and myself, it wont be much lower than that. Nothing is going to be 99 dollars installed on our cars. TRUST me when i say this.

if you do say an E2 and an al-ca and a UBM-3 your sitting at about 200 in product right there.

http://www.encoreautomotivesystems.c.../Model_E2.html

(shameless plug again)

this unit will do trunk release, oem arm and disarm, door locks and remote start. It also has the programming already in it to pulse the ignition to get the keyless to work after the can network has gone to sleep.

1/4 mile range is not unheard of either for this unit. if you want full alarm, then the E9 is what i use.

the Encore stuff is full 2 way data through the data port, as it was a combined product with Idatalink.
__________________
Jason---TECH SUPPORT GURU
2010 Gti w/DSG
2012 Jetta Se 2.5
phd-12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #19
phd-12v
Formula 5000 Champion
 
phd-12v's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 Gti
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
The mkvi's are a pretty easy install but if you are an extreme novice with 12v electronics I would suggest taking it to a professional. I have been doing this for 20+ years as well and nothing is worse than trying to clean up a diy gone wrong.
i tested my car using pin 19 at the CECM with a standard 12v + on the eurq switch wire input for parking lights. Works perfect. So you dont have to do the relay setup. just a heads up in case you havent tried it.
__________________
Jason---TECH SUPPORT GURU
2010 Gti w/DSG
2012 Jetta Se 2.5
phd-12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #20
pgard1
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2015 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by phd-12v View Post
i would say 300 installed for keyless entry and remote start. Remote start only may cut it down to say 275 ish. Because of the price of parts.

When you have veteren installers like kwalton and myself, it wont be much lower than that. Nothing is going to be 99 dollars installed on our cars. TRUST me when i say this.

if you do say an E2 and an al-ca and a UBM-3 your sitting at about 200 in product right there.

http://www.encoreautomotivesystems.c.../Model_E2.html

(shameless plug again)

this unit will do trunk release, oem arm and disarm, door locks and remote start. It also has the programming already in it to pulse the ignition to get the keyless to work after the can network has gone to sleep.

1/4 mile range is not unheard of either for this unit. if you want full alarm, then the E9 is what i use.

the Encore stuff is full 2 way data through the data port, as it was a combined product with Idatalink.
That sounds doable. I'd be looking to do this sometime in the next few mths. Shoot me a pm and we can work out the details.
pgard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
kwalton
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by phd-12v View Post
i tested my car using pin 19 at the CECM with a standard 12v + on the eurq switch wire input for parking lights. Works perfect. So you dont have to do the relay setup. just a heads up in case you havent tried it.
I like the relay setup due to the light flashes on manual mode. It is easier to make sure it has been engaged. Good to know though!
kwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
67Scarelane
Touring Car Newbie
 
67Scarelane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI 2 Door
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by phd-12v View Post
anywhere near phoenix?? i have someone close that can handle that for you there. I have someone in mesa too.

Do have anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area by chance?
67Scarelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #23
phd-12v
Formula 5000 Champion
 
phd-12v's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 Gti
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Scarelane View Post
Do have anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area by chance?
sure do, ill PM you some contacts.
__________________
Jason---TECH SUPPORT GURU
2010 Gti w/DSG
2012 Jetta Se 2.5
phd-12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver
 
Shini's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 DBP GTI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by phd-12v View Post
sure do, ill PM you some contacts.
Got any contacts in TX?
__________________
Bold Sport Black Emblems + LED Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
"oh sorry, is that my dong hanging out there?! ?
Shini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
CFG9000
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 686
Is there a remote starter out there that would play nice with DSG + KESSY?

In this summer heat, it'd be nice to let my air run for a couple minutes before getting in.
__________________
2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn
Color: Black / Gearbox: DSG / Style: 5-door
Mileage: 25000mi / Status: APR Stage 2 (Carbonio/DP/ECU)
Other Stuff: 3M 35% tint all-around - Maniacs shift paddles
CFG9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #26
phd-12v
Formula 5000 Champion
 
phd-12v's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 Gti
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,199
there is one coming..........we are doing the validation on the KESSY system now.
__________________
Jason---TECH SUPPORT GURU
2010 Gti w/DSG
2012 Jetta Se 2.5
phd-12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #27
CFG9000
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by phd-12v View Post
there is one coming..........we are doing the validation on the KESSY system now.
__________________
2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn
Color: Black / Gearbox: DSG / Style: 5-door
Mileage: 25000mi / Status: APR Stage 2 (Carbonio/DP/ECU)
Other Stuff: 3M 35% tint all-around - Maniacs shift paddles
CFG9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
georgy
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
georgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 433
There's a good DIY on Vortex for KESSY vehicles, integrating remote start into the OEM remote via a DB-ALL module:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...mote-Start-DIY

After doing some research, it looks like it can be done on a non-KESSY vehicle as well with slightly different wiring. I will give it a shot shortly and maybe create a DIY.
georgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.