GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
XZT123
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: CSG Autobahn GTI w/DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
Haha! Good one!

Yes I'll enjoy that too

No longer will I have to have a 4 quart jug of oil sitting around in my trunk/house!
Unless you drive it hard, then I hear it eats oil by blowby.... I haven't had mine long enough or driven it hard to know.
XZT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '15 DBP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexeater View Post
Congrats,

I will be in the same boat. I have a 06 RX8 that I will be selling when my `13 SB Autobahn arrives in Aug.

You had a lot issues with your 8, mine has been relatively trouble free and my gas mileage is about 17 city and 22 highway.

We will have to share stories when I get mine.

Have fun.
Yeah, 06 is around the year they started being a lot more reliable and not as many problems. Is yours an M6? I have an A4, they've been notorious for poor MPG. But can you really consider if poor mpg if you didn't buy the car with regard to getting good mpg?

Grats on the Autobahn, it'll be an awesome upgrade. You won't feel as "crammed" in the GTI, you'll feel what torque is like at low RPM's again, assuming you have an A4 tranny in yours that'll be a world of difference of course!

The only cons are you can't rev up to and past 9k, and you don't get the look of shock when you talk to people about your car and you tell them it it's a 0 cyl motor
Shini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
intanetfreak
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Golf Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyMan11 View Post
congrats and welcome to the money pit that is the GTI.............. shit just never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
Bro bonding time that ends with a release? Damn, you must be sore after 3 hours of that.
intanetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
Apexeater
Oval Champion

Drives: GTI and Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
Yeah, 06 is around the year they started being a lot more reliable and not as many problems. Is yours an M6? I have an A4, they've been notorious for poor MPG. But can you really consider if poor mpg if you didn't buy the car with regard to getting good mpg?

Grats on the Autobahn, it'll be an awesome upgrade. You won't feel as "crammed" in the GTI, you'll feel what torque is like at low RPM's again, assuming you have an A4 tranny in yours that'll be a world of difference of course!

The only cons are you can't rev up to and past 9k, and you don't get the look of shock when you talk to people about your car and you tell them it it's a 0 cyl motor
Yes, mine is a manual Shinka edition. That is the key to a more trouble free RX8, autos are nothing but trouble especially the early ones. Your didnt even have the extra port. I think you made a good upgrade. I am going to miss mine but I am tired of doing the "door dance" in a parking lot with my kids. And I want some torque

Here is mine.
Apexeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Yes, mine is a manual Shinka edition. That is the key to a more trouble free RX8, autos are nothing but trouble especially the early ones. Your didnt even have the extra port. I think you made a good upgrade. I am going to miss mine but I am tired of doing the "door dance" in a parking lot with my kids. And I want some torque

Here is mine.
Very nice! Shinka! The owner of the dealer I bought mine at had a white one. They're awesome. Yeah, the 04 auto's were doomed from the start! Like I said though, it's still an excellent ride. RX-7's had their fair share of reliability issues too but they're still a very popular car, even outside rotary enthusiasts...Not having to play musical doors will be nice, I've had to do that a time or two, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess you got the 4DR's then!

Shinka must of been even a better ride, better suspension and what not. Plus you had all the extra cool things, the rotary inserts on the fenders, etc

I'm hoping to keep mine, just use it randomly why the itch comes to drive it again. My parents helped me pay for that one a bit (due to the lack of income I had mentioned before) and I feel obliged to just let them have it, but it's no where near the condition to where I'd not feel like an ass if I gave it to someone, so I'll have it for bit until I spruce 'er up some, bring her back to her former glory, gives me time to easily transition and not have to go through RX-8 withdrawl!

Here's my baby *disclaimer - the plates aren't the same anymore, so no lectures about oh em gee you're posting up your plate numbers on the interwebs

and

Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
Apexeater
Oval Champion

Drives: GTI and Jeep Rubicon
Thanks, the Shinka's did have a better suspension than "normal" versions but I doubt it did much of anything. I picked it because it was a unique color at the time and I love the Alcantara seats. I put the appearance package (minus the rear wing) and the rotary inserts on it after I brought it home.

You are correct about the 4dr
Apexeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Thanks, the Shinka's did have a better suspension than "normal" versions but I doubt it did much of anything. I picked it because it was a unique color at the time and I love the Alcantara seats. I put the appearance package (minus the rear wing) and the rotary inserts on it after I brought it home.

You are correct about the 4dr
All I had on mine was the "Sport" package. Definitely looking forward to seeing some pics of that '13 autobahn

Careful with that torque though, you can drive with more of a led foot with an 8, I find myself going "WOOOOOAH GIRL WOOOOOOOOOAH!" When I start leaving parking lots, having torque is something I'll need to get use to!

So yeah, definitely need more of a feather foot...atleast when the wife is with me. She scares easily!