GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southwest

Old 06-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '15 DBP GTI
Good place to Tune?

Live in Lubbock, TX looking to find the closest dealer/tuner to me, anyone know?
Shini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
GTIwannagofast
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
what tune do you want to get? and i would believe that all the major tuners have dealer maps on the website.... have you checked that out?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Texag
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 UG 4dr, 6spd
I think there's someone in Abilene that does ECU flashing if that's what you're after. I don't know of anything that's going to be much closer.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Looking for ECU Flashing primarily, but been thinking as of late to just skip Stage 1 and start with Stage 2 w/ down pipe & CAI. the CAI I feel comfortable with doing myself as I've done it on all my F-bodies, but the down pipe is something I'm sure I could do with the right tools and time, but I'd rather not due to being lazy, and paranoid about me breaking something and then it's my ass that has to pay for it and not someone elses

Will most ECU places also do some hardware upgrades too, or should I just take it to someone local for that stuff after driving out of BFE to get the ECU done?

And yes I've checked GOAPR.com, but I'm just hoping there's maybe someone that does it but just hasn't been added to that mapper yet that I could go to? You never know how often those things are updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
"oh sorry, is that my dong hanging out there?! ?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
Looking for ECU Flashing primarily, but been thinking as of late to just skip Stage 1 and start with Stage 2 w/ down pipe & CAI. the CAI I feel comfortable with doing myself as I've done it on all my F-bodies, but the down pipe is something I'm sure I could do with the right tools and time, but I'd rather not due to being lazy, and paranoid about me breaking something and then it's my ass that has to pay for it and not someone elses

Will most ECU places also do some hardware upgrades too, or should I just take it to someone local for that stuff after driving out of BFE to get the ECU done?

And yes I've checked GOAPR.com, but I'm just hoping there's maybe someone that does it but just hasn't been added to that mapper yet that I could go to? You never know how often those things are updated.
Down pipe took me roughly 4 hours to complete start to finish.

Got hung up with those stupid clamps on the secondary intake tube.

6 bolts on the down pipe you have to,loosen. The rest is just getting parts out if the way.

I used pb blaster to loosen all the nuts, and they came loose no problem.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that most places that do ECU upgrades will do hardware changes as well.

Save some $$$ DIY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
Down pipe took me roughly 4 hours to complete start to finish.

Got hung up with those stupid clamps on the secondary intake tube.

6 bolts on the down pipe you have to,loosen. The rest is just getting parts out if the way.

I used pb blaster to loosen all the nuts, and they came loose no problem.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that most places that do ECU upgrades will do hardware changes as well.

Save some $$$ DIY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hmmm, sound easy enough. I've never been much to mod out my cars myself before, I don't even have..uh...anything to raise the car with, suppose I could just go out and buy some. What would I be looking at for a set of those things you just lay infront of the wheels and drive it up onto to raise? Or should I just use the jack I have in the back? Noob questions I know, but I'm most definitely a noob at any DIY stuff that requires more than 30 minutes of install time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
"oh sorry, is that my dong hanging out there?! ?