GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Nothing but good things to say about the dealer I take my car too. Gunther VW (Jimmy)

But back in the day I had an 88 IROZ 5.7 I took the car in for some warrantee work. When I got the car back there were things missing from the car.

The (4) factory floor mats that had the IROZ logo on them,
The dome light cover,
The (4) center caps IROZ logo on them,
The Owner manual,
The distributor cover not the actual distributor just a trim piece that cover it,
The rear cover that pulls out to cover up things you carry in the hatch,

The dealer told me that items left in the car they were not responsible for them. So I called the police and filed a report. The dealer freaked out and wonders why I did not talk to them. I told the dealer I tried but you blew me off.
Long story short I got all my parts in and they had the balls to try and get me to bring the car to them. I just went there and picked them up.
that place really is a stealership, even the owners manual? come on
Old 06-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
Bino
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 White GTI 2 Door
I was suprised my car made it out of there. Yes the owner manual was the hardest piece to replace. It took 2 months to get.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #17
KYGTIGuy
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: at nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
I was suprised my car made it out of there. Yes the owner manual was the hardest piece to replace. It took 2 months to get.
What do you think they were doing with that stuff? Resale? Thats some shady shit. You didnt leave those things in the car, they are PART of the car. Would they remove the engine and tell you you shouldnt have left it in the car???

Glad you didnt put up with that BS.
KYGTIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #18
gfox33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
When I bought my Jeep a few years ago I ended up having to come back the next day. Before I left they offered for me to leave a deposit so they would hold the car. I didnt have a problem with this. Then they tried to get me to sign a paper and said it was a receipt for my deposit... it was lengthy and a lot of legal jargon. I was impatient and tired so I signed it and left. I came back the next day, ended up buying the car and went home. I later looked over the paperwork I got with the car, while I filed it away and realized what I had signed was a sales contract, not a recept for the deposit.

At this point it didnt matter what it was. I had bought the car and that was the end of it but I decided to look up reviews of the dealership. Surprise surprise, I wasnt the only one.

From 2010:
"About two weeks ago, I saw an on-line ad for a late-model used car. I went there, test-drove the car, and liked it, but I wanted to look at some other cars before making my decision. The salesman offered to hold the car for two days, with no obligation, if I put a $500 deposit on it. I wrote a check for $500, dated two days in the future. He then gave me a form to sign, saying it was a receipt for my deposit. When I started to read the form, he said, “You don’t have to read that; it’s just a standard form.” While I was reading the form, he tried twice more to persuade me to sign it without reading it. It was a sales contract. (I didn't sign it.)"

Sold: Deep Black 4 Door DSG - APR Stage 1 - OZ Alleggeritas - 30% Tint - Magnaflow CB - OEM LED Tails
Now: 07 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 V6
gfox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
KYGTIGuy
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: at nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfox33 View Post
When I bought my Jeep a few years ago I ended up having to come back the next day. Before I left they offered for me to leave a deposit so they would hold the car. I didnt have a problem with this. Then they tried to get me to sign a paper and said it was a receipt for my deposit... it was lengthy and a lot of legal jargon. I was impatient and tired so I signed it and left. I came back the next day, ended up buying the car and went home. I later looked over the paperwork I got with the car, while I filed it away and realized what I had signed was a sales contract, not a recept for the deposit.

At this point it didnt matter what it was. I had bought the car and that was the end of it but I decided to look up reviews of the dealership. Surprise surprise, I wasnt the only one.

From 2010:
"About two weeks ago, I saw an on-line ad for a late-model used car. I went there, test-drove the car, and liked it, but I wanted to look at some other cars before making my decision. The salesman offered to hold the car for two days, with no obligation, if I put a $500 deposit on it. I wrote a check for $500, dated two days in the future. He then gave me a form to sign, saying it was a receipt for my deposit. When I started to read the form, he said, “You don’t have to read that; it’s just a standard form.” While I was reading the form, he tried twice more to persuade me to sign it without reading it. It was a sales contract. (I didn't sign it.)"
When I bought a brand new Nissan Frontier crew cab I had to come back the next day too. They wanted a deposit for the truck so I paid. The next day they tell me they sold the truck I put a deposit down for. Still got everything I wanted but its that BS that turns what should be happy times into you feeling the need to shower.
KYGTIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #20
gfox33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYGTIGuy View Post
When I bought a brand new Nissan Frontier crew cab I had to come back the next day too. They wanted a deposit for the truck so I paid. The next day they tell me they sold the truck I put a deposit down for. Still got everything I wanted but its that BS that turns what should be happy times into you feeling the need to shower.
Exactly. After I realized I had been played like that, I started liking my Jeep less and less everyday.

Sold: Deep Black 4 Door DSG - APR Stage 1 - OZ Alleggeritas - 30% Tint - Magnaflow CB - OEM LED Tails
Now: 07 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 V6
gfox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
Bender that is an awesome story, thanks for sharing

What year Camaro was it?
99 Loved that car.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #22
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '15 DBP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
99 Loved that car.
Nice

I had a 97 Trans Am for awhile. Was mega fun. I had a 2001 Camaro before that, just a V6 doe. I was really tempted to get the newest gen.

Did you have an El Ess Wun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
"oh sorry, is that my dong hanging out there?! ?
Shini is offline   Reply With Quote