GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #15
Allchokedup
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 gti stage 2 /stg2 sb daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPhoenix View Post
Called it! How'd you get the crank pulley off? Also, I'd take off the cam bridge bracket too to check to see if the screen is still there as well and didn't get sent through the engine causing any damage. Mine was sitting intact in the opening oil passage luckily.

Took it to my friends euro shop, he just zapped it off. Said thats how they always do it...yes, guess i should check in the cam bridge while im there. If that is gone then who is responsible for this mess? I had them do my chain and tensioner about 2 months ago..
Allchokedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
Allchokedup
Autocross Champion

Motor is back together, was a pain getting balance shaft xhain aligned with the timing chain still on! Hopefully i will get to fire it up this weekend, just need a new exhaust gasket and some oil. Maybe a bit of magic and luck as well. While im at it i will wish my wife not to nag me...
Old 04-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #17
Allchokedup
Autocross Champion

Its done, runs like a champ! Needs a new gasket for the downpipe.
On first start up it shimmy and shook and i was a bit worried. Looked under the hood and of all thinhs didnt tighten the fuel line. Now the cell is on but the oil pressure is good. Took it for a spin broke tires loose in 2nd and then decided to be nice to it. I put some cheap oil in it and plan on changing it shortly. Also filled the coolant up with water for now. Have to charge the Ac up and fingers crossed should be good.
Need new motor mounts , dog bone,exhaust gasket, radiator has a small leak.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #18
Allchokedup
Autocross Champion

Well shit, i think i forgot a bolt on the backside of the oil cooler..i took it off to clean it out and while putting up tools i noticed a "spare" bolt. Going to be a pita to check the back ones going o have to remove at least the alternator.. blahhh
Old 04-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #19
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Yeah but at least you dodged a hefty price tag having someone else do it. Hopefully it holds up. Good job!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #20
Allchokedup
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Yeah but at least you dodged a hefty price tag having someone else do it. Hopefully it holds up. Good job!
Agreed, i like the gti and it has been many years since i have built any cars. I plan on keeping this for many years so I figured I need to get familiar with it. Going to start collecting parts to build a "fun" motor. Putting the thing back together and all the electrical wasnt nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Did all of it by myself and took a total of 20 hours. Was easier hooking up electrical than un clipping all

Last edited by Allchokedup; 06-15-2018 at 04:17 PM.