GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
qshashaa
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 3 Pedals
My dealership wants to charge me 1027.43+tax on one injector, repair kit and gasket ( 6 hours labor = 750) and want me to pay for it because of the tune (they have no proof as of yet and tried flashing my edu back to factory but failed to do so) my car is a 2012 and still under warranty
qshashaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
MBorVW
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2015 VW GTI 4dr SE DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by qshashaa View Post
My dealership wants to charge me 1027.43+tax on one injector, repair kit and gasket ( 6 hours labor = 750) and want me to pay for it because of the tune (they have no proof as of yet and tried flashing my edu back to factory but failed to do so) my car is a 2012 and still under warranty
You need to find a different dealer now! Or call VW of America. Don't put up with this crap.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Turn8

Drives: 2009 Audi A3 2.0T
Quote:
Can the dealer, or VW prove that the ECU Tune caused the injector failure? If not, then they need to fix it under warranty.

It's funny, my injectors failed with the factory tuning....

Mike
Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
qshashaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn8 View Post
Can the dealer, or VW prove that the ECU Tune caused the injector failure? If not, then they need to fix it under warranty.

It's funny, my injectors failed with the factory tuning....

Mike
Waiting for the service advisor to get back to me with the CEL codes and proof that the injector failed because of my tune. As of this time they are giving me crap because I was honest and told them I had software.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
ZLEB
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 tiguan, 1997 GTI
Quote:
Waiting for the service advisor to get back to me with the CEL codes and proof that the injector failed because of my tune. As of this time they are giving me crap because I was honest and told them I had software.
Its getting pretty ridiculous with some of these dealers, i had an electric issue and was told by the dealer and VWOA that they didnt have to prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure and my warranty was void for using aftermarket parts as stated in the warranty manual. Since then ive been denied service at two other dealerships for having air ride And still have the ongoing issue that leaves the Vehicle inoperable at times. As soon as i mentioned magnuson moss to my regional care rep i got a letter from a vw Lawyer stating there position and i was (sol). Good luck OP
ZLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
qshashaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLEB View Post
Its getting pretty ridiculous with some of these dealers, i had an electric issue and was told by the dealer and VWOA that they didnt have to prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure and my warranty was void for using aftermarket parts as stated in the warranty manual. Since then ive been denied service at two other dealerships for having air ride And still have the ongoing issue that leaves the Vehicle inoperable at times. As soon as i mentioned magnuson moss to my regional care rep i got a letter from a vw Lawyer stating there position and i was (sol). Good luck OP
Sometimes I honestly think Im better off having a VW in another state. All the dealers here seem to rape me sideways. But then again I don't think there is any dealer that is fair in the US today. They all just wanna make greedy amounts of money.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
SkullV
Banned

Drives: 2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
My dealer is fantastic. At least 2 fantastic mod friendly dealerships in Chicago. On the other hand there are more than that who are horrible.
SkullV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
ghotch
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 13 Audi S4
Call VWOA and state your case. I had the same happen to me (failed injector, carbon cleanup, labor, etc.). Called them and told them that this should be covered. $980 dollars was the bill. They ended up extending grace and picked up the bill.

Work with VWOA.
ghotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2014 Audi S5 Prestige Package
Send a message via AIM to allset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch24 View Post
Injectors should last the life of the vehicle. Yes, a fuel additive every oil change is not a bad idea. There are probably a few threads out there on which ones are most recommended.
it is. VW has a 40k service that does a complete fuel system cleaning, including injectors, seals, fuel line, fuel filter and iirc a throtle plate cleaning. my injector died around 40k and i replaced all 4.
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
allset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
McQueen77
Banned

Drives: "We only make one thing..."
Quote:
Sometimes I honestly think Im better off having a VW in another state. All the dealers here seem to rape me sideways. But then again I don't think there is any dealer that is fair in the US today. They all just wanna make greedy amounts of money.
i dont know why but i feel like you're trolling dude. i asked you which dealers and you didn't say. i know of 3 mod friendly dealers in the LA area who have done warranty work on personal friends tuned cars.. cam followers, HPFP, water pumps, etc.. why are you getting picked on? i named the mod friendly dealers for you, along with service mgr. names in another thread and you didnt respond.. what dealer is saying this to you? and even if they are, which i find very surprising, you can always request to get a regional rep out after talking to VWoA and exercise your rights etc. ive been told flat out by service managers at dealers that unless you come in with a problem that hasn't happened to stock cars, or it is obvious your tune or something caused the problem, that it will be covered.

most people talking about a dealer screwing them would out the dealer by name right off the bat. whats the big secret?

sorry but it doesnt add up

Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
it is. VW has a 40k service that does a complete fuel system cleaning, including injectors, seals, fuel line, fuel filter and iirc a throtle plate cleaning. my injector died around 40k and i replaced all 4.
interesting. my dealer told me about the same thing, since I just thought 40k was a glorified oil change, but they insisted that the 40k was essential. all i remember is that its expensive. wonder if i can tell them to just do that and rotate the tires, that i'll handle the oil change etc. myself. not that that would shave much off the price. i just remember the quote for the 40k being a total ass reaming. not to mention i want to change the plugs at 40k as well as the fuel filter and that'll be DIY>

Last edited by McQueen77; 09-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #25
SkullV
Banned

I kind of feel the same way. In his other thread he said the other dealers in the area "owe him money".
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #26
McQueen77
Banned

Drives: "We only make one thing..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
I kind of feel the same way. In his other thread he said the other dealers in the area "owe him money".
yeah, im not buying it.

if something 'routine' like an injector, intake flapper, water pump etc. failed and the dealer was totally jerking me around, i'd be blowing the whistle hard on them, taking it to VWoA, etc. etc. but this guy just sounds royally full of it to me.
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
SkullV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen77 View Post
yeah, im not buying it.

if something 'routine' like an injector, intake flapper, water pump etc. failed and the dealer was totally jerking me around, i'd be blowing the whistle hard on them, taking it to VWoA, etc. etc. but this guy just sounds royally full of it to me.
Often times customer attitude is a reason that a dealer won't work with them. From this members posts it seems like that may be a part of it. Maybe not though.

Either way, it should be fixed under warranty if the facts that he's giving us are true.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #28
MBorVW
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2015 VW GTI 4dr SE DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
Often times customer attitude is a reason that a dealer won't work with them. From this members posts it seems like that may be a part of it. Maybe not though.

Either way, it should be fixed under warranty if the facts that he's giving us are true.
I am one of the nicest guys out there and Molle screwed me hard...