GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #43
kec789
Oval Champion

Drives: 2017 DSG 4DR Pure White
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgary View Post
Interesting development.

Yesterday I was driving from work when the GTI again suddenly lost power and I got the same message: "Service Now!" I couldn't accelerate so I was just cruising when the car shut itself off. I was able to get to a secondary road (I didn't quite make it to an empty parking lot) before stopping the car.

Surprisingly, the car started right away, so I turned around and went back to the dealership to leave it there to get it checked again.

While I was there, I talked to the service advisor and he told me that the instructions to replace all 4 injectors, as well as the oil, or not come from the Volkswagen tech line that they have to call before the service is performed. I still let it be known that I'm no longer comfortable with the oil, that has only been in the car for ~600 miles.

We'll see what they say today =\
Car problems blow, especially right after you just got yours back! Hope all turns out Ok for you.

MY GTI just crept over 30K (I've had it around a month is all) and I plan on taking it in before I hit 36K to have a couple of small things done, oil change, etc. I'm now toying with doing the 40K service while I'm at it so I can keep things as nice as possible. Also will probably have the DSG serviced as well although I'm not sure how often I need to have that done.
kec789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
edgary
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: a red one
The second problem turned out to be a cam timing sensor. They also replaced the oil, thankfully.

Great dealership; it's a shame that the car had these back-to-back problems because I really like the GTI, but I would be lying if I said I'm not considering replacing it now
edgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #45
Ina12K04GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI, APR K04/ supporting mod
I'm at 13,500 miles. The car was having hard starting issues. I scanned it yesterday & got pending codes P053f & P2293. Today the engine light came on, I scanned it again & got the same codes. It's at the dealer now. I'm modified quite a bit & holding my breath that it will be covered. Fuel system parts are stupid expensive. I can't help but wonder why on the fsI motor with K04 they used s3 injectors & s3 hpfp .
Ina12K04GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #46
s word
Touring Car Champion

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina12K04GTI View Post
I'm at 13,500 miles. The car was having hard starting issues. I scanned it yesterday & got pending codes P053f & P2293. Today the engine light came on, I scanned it again & got the same codes. It's at the dealer now. I'm modified quite a bit & holding my breath that it will be covered. Fuel system parts are stupid expensive. I can't help but wonder why on the fsI motor with K04 they used s3 injectors & s3 hpfp .
My injectors had been stuck open a few times now. Last time was right after a P2015 code with intake manifold, carbon cleaning service. I left the lot, first light car sputters and dies. 4 new injectors installed.
s word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #47
EliPR
Ready to race!

Drives: 13' CSG/DSG/5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidevw View Post
...The technician told me that injectors 3 and 4 were stuck open. They found faults P087 (low fuel rail pressure) , P0300 (random misfire), P053F (cold start pressure). There were also codes for misfires in cylinders 1, 3, and 4...
I'm having the same problem with my '13 GTI and it's only in the 5K miles, it's right now on the dealership I hope that they resolve this problem pronto!, I'm a little disappointed with this since I buy the car 5 months ago, this is really sad and frustrating.
EliPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Not sure about you guys, but I got a letter in the mail from Volkswagen the other day regarding this. The intake manifold and injectors are getting a 10 year/120k mile warranty extension since the failures are so common.

Hope that helps.
APR Stage 2 v2.4, Carbonio, Cast Downpipe | PTP Turbo Blanket | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | BFI Stage 1 Mounts | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18

Future: Something other than APR tune
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #49
MK5GOLFGTI
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2009 GTI, TSI, DSG
I got the same letter on my 2009. So now I have 10 yr on DSG, Injectors, Intake Manifold and 3rd Brake Light.

All I need is a letter for timing chain tensioner and water pump and I will feel even better. Come on VW, where is it?
MK5GOLFGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #50
cosmokramer

Drives: VW Golf GTI Mk6
My GTI just had an injector stuck wide open. Car I believe went into limp mode, I pulled over, turned it off and that was it. No restart and I had to get it towed.

The dealership replaced the injector, however, no oil change was done.

What is the likelihood of oil contamination with a stuck injector?

I think I am going to get an oil change done anyway for peace of mind.
cosmokramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
cosmokramer

Drives: VW Golf GTI Mk6
Any advice?
cosmokramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #52
boki
Autocross Champion

Drives: 09 GLI TSI K04 APR
^The advice would be to change the oil for the peace of mind. Unburned gas could leak down the sidewall of your cylinders and behind the piston rings and dilute the oil to the point where oil loses it's lubricating efficiency causing the parts (crank bearings, rods and other internals) to overheat and bind, peal, chip or deform. Changing oil is so much cheaper than damaging engine internals and possibly doing the overhaul sooner than expected.

Last edited by boki; 12-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.
boki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #53
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Nike 6.0
mine went at 20k, replaced under warrenty, stuck open injector #4
Old 10-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #54
postulio
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2009 Passat 2.0 TSI
So I've had 4 injectors fail on me in about a 2 month period.

The first three that died (two different occurrences) were possibly due to a faulty fuel pump control module (under the rear seat). However I just had #3 fail again and am very nervous as to what could be causing this. I know I have carbon build up on the intake valves and am getting a couple of misfires here and there (according to mode$06 diagnostic, 0-3 average misfires per 10 trips), not getting any CEL codes yet.

car is 09 2.0 TSI with about 95k miles. the spark plugs were replaced at about 45k, not sure if the coils were ever done, if that matters. PCV/TB/HPFP/LPFP/MAF/Intake Mani were all replaced relatively recently as well. Replaced the pre-cat o2 sensor recently as well.
postulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #55
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
What kind of gas do you use? I have 2 cars over 100k on original injectors, no carbon cleaning or issues. Italian tune up goes a long way, drive it harder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #56
TiCoyote
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Mine just went at 55k mi. Got stuck open pulling onto the highway. Lots of smoke. Had to wait in a parking lot for a tow for 2hrs in 25degree weather.

The dealer fixed it under a warranty extension.

I just had the valves de-carbonized last week. I had been using Stop'n'Shop gas, premium grade (aka high octane cheapo). I'm planning to switch to BP or Shell on every other fill-up.
TiCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote