GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #57
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Can you seafoam these cars to clean em out?
Old 01-15-2016, 03:15 AM   #58
Hoosier Daddy
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Golf VI GTi DSG Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimebuyer View Post
Can you seafoam these cars to clean em out?
You can but you have to be pretty careful fro what I've heard
Hoosier Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #59
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie

Oh ok, Well can someone whos tried it chime in. Or can someone tell me its a resounding no lol.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #60
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2 door 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimebuyer View Post
Oh ok, Well can someone whos tried it chime in. Or can someone tell me its a resounding no lol.
I used Seafoam on my previous oil change to hopefully get rid of/ prevent some carbon buildup. Ran like shit for a few minutes while it smoked it all out, havent had any issues in the last 7500 miles, so I doubt I will.

I also did mine through an extra port on my boost tap rather than removing a sensor on the intake
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #61
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsugray90 View Post
I used Seafoam on my previous oil change to hopefully get rid of/ prevent some carbon buildup. Ran like shit for a few minutes while it smoked it all out, havent had any issues in the last 7500 miles, so I doubt I will.

I also did mine through an extra port on my boost tap rather than removing a sensor on the intake
Alright thanks, I think i will give it a go through the intake and run some kind of cleaner through my fuel tank. I dont want injector issues down the road.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #62
tofuD01
Oval Newbie

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending 6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025") || Vibrant bottle resonator / stock catback || New engine at 63.5k miles..
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #63
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuD01 View Post
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending 6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?
In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit
Old 04-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #64
tofuD01
Oval Newbie

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit
To be honest, i did contemplate getting a used fk2 civic type r but that involves more money..need to be saving up for deposit for a house..

New engine and keeping it until it next dies and save more monies is what my parents are saying i should be doing.

It would be a hard sale now with the mods and new engine to be declared?
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025") || Vibrant bottle resonator / stock catback || New engine at 63.5k miles..
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote