GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #57
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie
 
firsttimebuyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 264
Can you seafoam these cars to clean em out?
__________________
Unitronic catted dp/ CTS cold air intake/nuespeed top pipe/spm catback with track mid-pipe and street mufflers/Uni stage 2 tune/ R8 coils iridium plugs/ GFB DV+/
firsttimebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:15 AM   #58
Hoosier Daddy
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: Golf VI GTi DSG Candy White
Join Date: May 2014
Location: South Africa
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimebuyer View Post
Can you seafoam these cars to clean em out?
You can but you have to be pretty careful fro what I've heard
Hoosier Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #59
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie
 
firsttimebuyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 264
Oh ok, Well can someone whos tried it chime in. Or can someone tell me its a resounding no lol.
__________________
Unitronic catted dp/ CTS cold air intake/nuespeed top pipe/spm catback with track mid-pipe and street mufflers/Uni stage 2 tune/ R8 coils iridium plugs/ GFB DV+/
firsttimebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #60
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion
 
ncsugray90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI 2 door 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimebuyer View Post
Oh ok, Well can someone whos tried it chime in. Or can someone tell me its a resounding no lol.
I used Seafoam on my previous oil change to hopefully get rid of/ prevent some carbon buildup. Ran like shit for a few minutes while it smoked it all out, havent had any issues in the last 7500 miles, so I doubt I will.

I also did mine through an extra port on my boost tap rather than removing a sensor on the intake
__________________
UNI Stage 1+ | H&R SS Springs | 35% Tint | GFB DV+ | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Plates
ncsugray90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #61
firsttimebuyer
Rally Car Newbie
 
firsttimebuyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsugray90 View Post
I used Seafoam on my previous oil change to hopefully get rid of/ prevent some carbon buildup. Ran like shit for a few minutes while it smoked it all out, havent had any issues in the last 7500 miles, so I doubt I will.

I also did mine through an extra port on my boost tap rather than removing a sensor on the intake
Alright thanks, I think i will give it a go through the intake and run some kind of cleaner through my fuel tank. I dont want injector issues down the road.
__________________
Unitronic catted dp/ CTS cold air intake/nuespeed top pipe/spm catback with track mid-pipe and street mufflers/Uni stage 2 tune/ R8 coils iridium plugs/ GFB DV+/
firsttimebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #62
tofuD01
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 137
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending 6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?
__________________
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025") || Vibrant bottle resonator / stock catback || New engine at 63.5k miles..
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #63
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuD01 View Post
Reviving an old thread..but i've had this happen to me, the AA - emergency breakdown came and did his checks, put a scope down and saw a fragment or some sort down cylinder 2 on the piston?

Of course this is limited what he could do with scope and reckons injector stayed open and a valve broke and stuck in piston.

My tuner reckons if it is what the breakdown guy had said, then the engines toast and require a replacement...

Now i've gone and ordered a new engine (non-refundable once purchased) from VW and it is being fitted next monday. But reading the previous post...was it worth me spending 6100 on new engine or should i have had the injectors replaced and oil changed?

Was it worth spending out for new engine or should i have went for another car?
In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #64
tofuD01
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
In all honesty i'd have chopped the car in and put the money towards a mk7 R deposit
To be honest, i did contemplate getting a used fk2 civic type r but that involves more money..need to be saving up for deposit for a house..

New engine and keeping it until it next dies and save more monies is what my parents are saying i should be doing.

It would be a hard sale now with the mods and new engine to be declared?
__________________
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025") || Vibrant bottle resonator / stock catback || New engine at 63.5k miles..
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.