GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 04-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #3067
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjxGTI View Post
Well... ran a camaro the other day... Iíd say I kept up pretty good till 100... then he started pulling buses on me...

So... I got up to 150, radar detector went off like crazy, I slammed on my brakes and he kept pulling away...

5 seconds later... I see cops light... and I passed him on the side of the freeway being pulled over by the cops...

I guess thatís a win for me right? Lol

Oh btw, his plate was something like ZL1CIUS, so I googled it and figure out why I got my ass handed to me lol
This makes me want to invest in a good radar detector.... lol. Never trusted them in the past but i guess they work.

Was is a newer camaro? ZL1 are beasts lol
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #3068
BjxGTI
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Driver's Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
This makes me want to invest in a good radar detector.... lol. Never trusted them in the past but i guess they work.

Was is a newer camaro? ZL1 are beasts lol

Yes it was the 2018 ZL1, not really a fan of American muscle car so I didnít know, it was like a rocket ship !!

Google says they make 600+ hp stock lol
Old 04-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #3069
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Yes it was the 2018 ZL1, not really a fan of American muscle car so I didnít know, it was like a rocket ship !!

Google says they make 600+ hp stock lol
Yup, I believe its the LT4 from the new Corvette Z06... 6.2l v8 supercharged. No joke at all
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #3070
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Laser will still kill you detector or not but at least you will get the other ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #3071
BjxGTI
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Laser will still kill you detector or not but at least you will get the other ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This is very true.

I have the valentine one, eventhough it will detect laser, it is usually too late when it goes off for laser, the cop already clocked you.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #3072
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
This is very true.

I have the valentine one, eventhough it will detect laser, it is usually too late when it goes off for laser, the cop already clocked you.
Yea, the only good thing about the laser detector on a V1 is if he shoots someone else first and it happens to see it, then you might have a chance to slow down beforehand.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #3073
BjxGTI
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownish View Post
Yea, the only good thing about the laser detector on a V1 is if he shoots someone else first and it happens to see it, then you might have a chance to slow down beforehand.
IKR, that had happened to me so many times, thats why I try to keep off the fast lane and NEVER be the fastest car on the road.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #3074
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
IKR, that had happened to me so many times, thats why I try to keep off the fast lane and NEVER be the fastest car on the road.

Sometimes you just have to take that chance but absolutely agree. I'm in Ohio and the staties are just ruthless about ticketing for speeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #3075
GTI689
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 Golf GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by likkleindian View Post
Even at stage 2 I'd be reluctant to start racing anyone at 60 (unless it's something comparable). With our ko3 the instant boost is our friend but we pay the price up top. Ideal range 30-90, maybe 100. Hit it early, hit it quick then shut it down before they pass you lol.
My old APR stage 2 MKV GTI smoked a modded 350z from a 60 roll, as well as an s2000 and a rsx type s with kpro and full bolt ons....then again I did brake boost lol
GTI689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #3076
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
On the way home with a lap full of McDonalds drinks and the girl friend piloting the gli we come across the neighborhood drag car. Kid who lives a couple houses down who is forever speeding up and down the street in his 90s BMW. Total shit box layered in stickers and slammed to the max.

Pulls out of a parking lot onto the main road and comes up next to us and guns it. To my surprise the girlfriend downshifts from 4th to 2nd and drops the hammer. Revved out 2nd and short shifted 3rd into 4th and basically feathered the gas at that point and toyed with this poor kid while his car screamed on all four cylinders as it struggled to push. Funny as shit and sad at the same time lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk