GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #533
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
With all the assists off, does the GTI exhibit throttle lift oversteer easily? Im still on the fence about turning it off after I have had a few throttle lift mishaps on my other car at autox the last few months

Last edited by aw614; 10-09-2013 at 12:43 AM.
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #534
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
With all the assists off, does the GTI exhibit throttle lift oversteer easily? Im still on the fence about turning it off after I have had a few throttle lift mishaps on my other car at autox the last few months
It's not too easy with stock suspension. I tired on a few occasions on a road course with all assists off, but the rear isn't stiff enough and the front too heavy. It'll certainly require a lot of countersteer (by that I mean steering angle to the outside of the direction the car is headed, not beyond center which I'd day is rightfully an oversteer), which is fun on its own merit. But the steering corrections are far from what I'd call oversteer.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #535
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
oh ok, I dont think koni yellows and DG springs would drastically change things that much from stock? I might try it one of these days.

Sounds from stock and maybe my setup will probably be a bit more neutral than my integra with ITR suspension parts which when pushed can exhibit throttle lift easily.

Going to drive the GTI this weekend for autox, its been about 6mo since driving it in an autox.
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #536
schleima

Drives: Tiguan 2.0 TDI 177PS DSG
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBorVW View Post
Works great for me with no issues.
Hi, as you own a Tiguan I quote you

I would like to activate XDS on my Tiguan MY2012 177PS 4motion DSG.
I guess the coding of the ABS control module has changed (or is car-related), because for me it looks like it's not in channel 36 (error channel) with 3 settings but seems to be for my car in channel 67 with only 0 (deactivated, stock setting) or 1 (Enabled).

As the channel isn't self-explanatory (my ABS/Adaptation isn't documented at all in VCDS 12.12) i'd like to be sure that changing it to 1 activates XDS.

Any feedback on the channel 67 coding on the newer Tiguan ?

Thanks

PS:
here is a screenshot of my module
schleima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #537
Jcarollo765
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
Would having an upgraded suspension, stiffer swaybars front and back and lowering springs or coils, eliminate the need for XDS = 2?

Or would it make the upgraded suspension better?
Anyone comment?
Current Mods: APR K04 V3.2 & TCU V1.6//42DD DP//Unitronic Intake//H&R 26/24 Sways//Unibrace XB//SuperPro ALK//BSH Engine & Pendulum Mount//HPA 75a//Do88 Intercooler//H&R Cup Kit//Evo Boost Gauge//Soumatrix Speakers//BFI Stage 2 Tran Mount//GFB DV+//H&R 10/10 Spacers//Tyrol Brake Kit & Pads//Corgi Hair
Jcarollo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #538
Dave1078
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '16 GTI MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarollo765 View Post
Anyone comment?

It's not going to undo the usefulness of turning up the XDS.
Dave1078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #539
camboscams

Drives: 14' JSW Tdi
To build a bit on what schleima is asking, i just fooled around with my 2014 SportWagon tdi and got the N/A prompt under the adaptation menu for the XDS settings.... Rats i thought, it won't work, but went into the long coding for the 03-ABS and checked the bit for "XDS differential extended active something something". Following that i went back into the adaptation and the option to adjust the strength of the xds setting was there! I then set it to "2" and we will see how it works tomorrow....

If anyone needs to see the byte and bit i had to select i will post screenshots, but there are only 4 or 5 bits you can check anyway in the abs long coding....

Also, on the new car window sticker it even says that the car has an electronic locking differential but it certainly has never acted like it.
camboscams is offline   Reply With Quote