GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #981
dynamisoz
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI CW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphix View Post
the engagement point starts very low but will be higher, similar to stock, after break-in. I think mine feels softer after break-in but maybe I just got used to it.

can you do PT on the knee to remedy that problem?
Sorry.... What do yo mean by PT?...
2013 VW GTI CW/ Unitronic Stage 2+ / CTS K04 Port n Polished / DIY TT-RS Clutch / Unitronic Intercooler / GFB DV+ / Cobb Turboback+Custom Resonator / APR Carbonio Intake / Diesel Geek SS / Raceseng Knob / Lightweight Battery Deka ETX16L
dynamisoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #982
clipster
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamisoz View Post
Sorry.... What do yo mean by PT?...
Physical therapy
clipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #983
dynamisoz
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI CW
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipster View Post
Physical therapy
oh.. its not that bad... plus i aint got that kind of money when im tryin to go BT. hehe

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
2013 VW GTI CW/ Unitronic Stage 2+ / CTS K04 Port n Polished / DIY TT-RS Clutch / Unitronic Intercooler / GFB DV+ / Cobb Turboback+Custom Resonator / APR Carbonio Intake / Diesel Geek SS / Raceseng Knob / Lightweight Battery Deka ETX16L
dynamisoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #984
kerp
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI CW
Quote:
oh.. its not that bad... plus i aint got that kind of money when im tryin to go BT. hehe

Just look up exercises yourself, the majority of physical therapists are kooks. Strengthening your hips/glutes can really do wonders for your knee. Alleviated about 95% of my knee pain.
kerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #985
Aphix
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 2dr 6MT GTI
Quote:

BT over health? Haha, I guess. I'm way too active, so I get priority over a car any day.

It can't be that minor if you brought up concern about using the clutch. Not trying to preach, but putting in the time now to fix it while you can is better than having regrets later.

And yeah, you can look up stuff on your own. My PT experiences have been pretty lame but doing my own research filled in the gaps and I got results. Just takes some time and work. Good luck.
APR Stage II v2.4 | RSR clutch | Sigma Six SS | TWM Big Type-R | Unitronic CAI | GFB DV+ | Golf R IC | Unitronic TBE | Neuspeed Pulley / TOP / TBP | Soundaktor Delete | HPA (75A) | SuperPro ALK / LCA / RCA | BILSTEIN PSS10 | 034 Strut / Trans / Motor Mounts | H&R 26mm (S) / 24mm (S) | Tyrolsport Subframe Collar / Brake Stiffening Kit / Stage II Aluminum Hatch Brace | R8 coil packs | NGK PFR7B | Modshack trim | OZ Alleggerita | Hawks HPS 5.0 | Michelin PSS
Aphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #986
clipster
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
I was able to put together the stuff in the base RSR clutch kit (does not include flywheel/tranny fluid/clutch installation tool) for $610/shipped. That's a good savings over the $1k HS Tuning kit. Check the link in my signature for a list of parts and where I sourced them.
Just looking over your thread. I believe nothing is really wrong with my flywheel as it is just a tad bit over 50k miles. (mostly highway miles).

It's just that I cannot shift gears when the car is on, but I can when the car is off. Searching didn't yield much answers except the I didn't know until now that we have crappy clutches and that i most likely broke the pressure plate.

I want to go the same route you did but like to know or how to Check if the flywheel needs to be replaced. Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
clipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #987
aeffertz
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
You guys getting a core deposit back for sending back your stock GTI pressure plate and disc? Or are we eating that core charge?
aeffertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 AM   #988
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeffertz View Post
You guys getting a core deposit back for sending back your stock GTI pressure plate and disc? Or are we eating that core charge?

I didn't bother. IIRC the core deposit I paid was about what shipping would cost so it wasn't worth it.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #989
aeffertz
Go Kart Champion

Well just placed all my orders. Looks like you guys snagged up the parts at a better price on almost everything. Still over $100 cheaper than the HS kit, though.

$886 for new pressure plate, clutch disc, dual-mass flywheel, throwout bearing and necessary hardware shipped to my door. Many, many thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to not have a slipping clutch anymore and actually feel what my stage 2 tune actually feels like!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #990
Ronnie_B
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR Wolfsburg 6MT
Quote:
Well just placed all my orders. Looks like you guys snagged up the parts at a better price on almost everything. Still over $100 cheaper than the HS kit, though.

$886 for new pressure plate, clutch disc, dual-mass flywheel, throwout bearing and necessary hardware shipped to my door. Many, many thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to not have a slipping clutch anymore and actually feel what my stage 2 tune actually feels like!
That's a great price for all those parts. Putting down Stage 2 power with no slipping is a great feeling.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 93 tune, APR Cast Downpipe, DIY RSR Clutch, Peloquin LSD, iABED RMS, Carbonio Intake, Diesel Geek Sigma 6, SuperPro ALK, H&R 26mm/24mm swaybars, ECS Subframe collar kit, G-LOC GS-1 / R8 Pads, Centric Blank Rotors, TS Brake Bushing Kit, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Yokohama AD08R's on OZ 17" Omnia (Track), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Street) Build Thread
Ronnie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #991
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie_B View Post
That's a great price for all those parts. Putting down Stage 2 power with no slipping is a great feeling.

I agree...great price when you include the DMFW. HS Tuning kit is really $400 more expensive when you add $300 for a new DMFW. Good luck with install
Old 06-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #992
aeffertz
Go Kart Champion

Just a quick heads up, the LuK throwout bearing - LSC320 is the plastic, two piece type. Will be returning it and spending the extra money on the revised metal, one-piece bearing.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #993
carmutt1

Drives: 2013 VW GIT 2.0, APR 2 tune
How many of you have gone with the plastic Luk LSC320 2 piece throw out bearing? Anyone having any issues with? It seems even the Sachs throw out bearing is 2 piece but maybe has less plastic? Seems only the VW one is 1 piece and all metal.
carmutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:18 PM   #994
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmutt1 View Post
How many of you have gone with the plastic Luk LSC320 2 piece throw out bearing? Anyone having any issues with? It seems even the Sachs throw out bearing is 2 piece but maybe has less plastic? Seems only the VW one is 1 piece and all metal.
The metal 1 piece is the updated version.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote