GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Norsk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '16 DBP GTI SE PP 6MT with LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
South Bend stage 2 daily or enduance likely. Im pretty sure i can just replace the clutch plate and keep the rest stock; just need to reset the pressure plate.

Someone correct me here if im off.....
Yup you can. Just stage 3 disk from Futrell AutoWerk. Reset the plate. That's all.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
Norsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #16
mkstan15
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI
Stage 2 installed yesterday and I'm loving it. Feels significantly stronger and the throttle lag is gone with the wind. I was driving a beat nissan versa for three weeks b4 i got tuned so this thing feels like a beast. Went from stock, to nissan versa (while new ECU was installed), to stage 2. Can't wait for this rain to let up so I can get in some pulls on the highway.
mkstan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2014 Audi S5 Prestige Package
Send a message via AIM to allset
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstan15 View Post
Stage 2 installed yesterday and I'm loving it. Feels significantly stronger and the throttle lag is gone with the wind. I was driving a beat nissan versa for three weeks b4 i got tuned so this thing feels like a beast. Went from stock, to nissan versa (while new ECU was installed), to stage 2. Can't wait for this rain to let up so I can get in some pulls on the highway.
ha ..I know all this effin rain is killing me. Stage 2 gets dangerous in the rain when ur not used to it.
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
allset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
Nicoo..
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 TR GTI
everyone talking about stage 2 having a smoother power delivery and less torque down low than stage 1... does this mean that stage 2 reduces wheelspin in low gears a bit ?(compared to stage 1?)
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoo.. View Post
everyone talking about stage 2 having a smoother power delivery and less torque down low than stage 1... does this mean that stage 2 reduces wheelspin in low gears a bit ?(compared to stage 1?)
funny u mention that. i justed noticed that yesterday. I have an AT insert but there is def less spin in 2. More gears spin 1,2 & 3 but is not all the time. its more like a chirp on steroids.
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
Old 05-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
the less torque down low was fixed with v2.1 theres plenty there it just delivered with less "pop" but it makes up for it in every other gear. Get it u will love it. U can smoke a whole new class of cars too, if ur into that.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #21
Norsk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '16 DBP GTI SE PP 6MT with LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh6 View Post
hows apr's stage 2 with the awe tbe?

Awesome!

No problem at all!

It's incredibly smooth!

There's always power day/night!
Norsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk View Post
Awesome!

No problem at all!

It's incredibly smooth!

There's always power day/night!
NIIIIEEEECCCEEEE
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #23
lalalaprise

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg GTI
Going Stage 2 as soon as I figure out which TBE i want...its a hard choice.
lalalaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #24
dwp2
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
I'm all APR right now and no surprise, but Stage II > Stage I. Moving from just the Stage I flash to adding the intake, I noticed a boost in performance and drivability. After adding the TBE with the Stage 2 V1.2 flash, IMO drives even better and is faster.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #25
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Stage 2 today my review

Quote:
Unlike what most people have been saying how stage 2 looses low end torque and every thing being smother, i'm half way on that. I have to disagree with most people saying that stage 2 doesn't have the same "grunt" down low compared to stage 1. I beg to differ. from 25mph and slower, whenever I gun it the car pulls crazy fast and the best part it does it so effortlessly and smoothly at the same time. I notice the acceleration has definately increased. It revs much easier now with my added downpipe. I also did many 40mph pulls and I found an open road and tried to do my best to see how the new "top-end" pull would be like. Yes it is faster but it's also a very "smooth" faster. The car does feel fast but you don't realize how fast you are really going. Stage 1 I would normally hit 120mph after gunning it from 40mph for a while, with stage 2 the same 40mph pull and in the same time I would normally hold from stage 1 I was able to hit 135mph. Big surprise for me and i'm loving it. It's crazy how such a small engine combined with a tiny turbo is able to pull so hard and reach top speeds well above 100mph fairly easily. Overal i'm very satisfied with my upgrade going to stage 2 and would recommend it to anyone on the fence on deciding on whether or not to do it.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR IS38//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #26
Nicoo..

Drives: 2010 TR GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
the less torque down low was fixed with v2.1 theres plenty there it just delivered with less "pop" but it makes up for it in every other gear. Get it u will love it. U can smoke a whole new class of cars too, if ur into that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
Unlike what most people have been saying how stage 2 looses low end torque and every thing being smother, i'm half way on that. I have to disagree with most people saying that stage 2 doesn't have the same "grunt" down low compared to stage 1. I beg to differ. from 25mph and slower, whenever I gun it the car pulls crazy fast and the best part it does it so effortlessly and smoothly at the same time. I notice the acceleration has definately increased. It revs much easier now with my added downpipe. I also did many 40mph pulls and I found an open road and tried to do my best to see how the new "top-end" pull would be like. Yes it is faster but it's also a very "smooth" faster. The car does feel fast but you don't realize how fast you are really going. Stage 1 I would normally hit 120mph after gunning it from 40mph for a while, with stage 2 the same 40mph pull and in the same time I would normally hold from stage 1 I was able to hit 135mph. Big surprise for me and i'm loving it. It's crazy how such a small engine combined with a tiny turbo is able to pull so hard and reach top speeds well above 100mph fairly easily. Overal i'm very satisfied with my upgrade going to stage 2 and would recommend it to anyone on the fence on deciding on whether or not to do it.
so bottom line:
stage 2 down low torque roughly equals stage 1 down low? that means the same amount of wheelspin in first and second at low revs..
stage 2 has power up high whereas stage 1 dies after 5k 5.5 k rpm...
because stage 2 has some torque at low revs and also at high revs it feels like it is smoother because it keeps pulling whereas stage 1 will "bite" you at first and pull you until mid-high rpm and then nothing which makes it feel like power is delivered unevenly throughout the rev range..

mmm well i would be interested in going stage 2, but i just dont understand the thing about DPs.. if AWE makes a 2.5" one, then why cant we just de-cat and go stage 2 :S .. it's not a financial problem for me.. its just that i dont mind loud, as long as it's a NICE loud.. but our four bangers dont seem to sound very nice no matter what.. and i dont wanna end up having an exhaust note like on the ricer golf 1, 2 and 3s with straight pipes we have here..

edit: so id prefer sticking with the stock dp or the awe one..

Last edited by Nicoo..; 05-21-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Nicoo.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #27
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
I don't know what wheel spin you guys are talking about, you should not floor it in first gear, just go on it half way and then all the way by the end of first, very little wheel spin.

Launching is another story though, but i have improving very quickly that i am learning pedal modulation

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #28
pure_lunatic

Drives: Black 2011 2D Manual GTI
Quote:
then why cant we just de-cat and go stage 2
Because the cat you want to remove is in the mouth of the DP right at the turbo outlet. That's your big restriction.

--------------------- ^ Click for my build thread ^ ---------------------
pure_lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote