GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #5433
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Brings me back to the renner days. Those impulse purchases on the nightly.
Back to?

I still live them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Guy View Post
Literally the way I buy all my car parts.

Me: Wow, that's a great deal...too bad I'm broke.

*10 mins later*

Me: That was a good purchase. I mean I was going to buy it at some point anyways...might as well save some cash. *happiness and doubt intensifies*
LOL yup.

Guy lived 10 minutes from the office in the West Loop. A little back and forth but we came to a deal.

Happiness and doubt, both intense right now lol.

"Wow such a deal, was gonna buy them anyways"
and
*looks at bank account* "WTF did I just do?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
And thatís how you end up with a $40k GTI.
But due to "late night deals" it could have been a $60k GTI. So there's that.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #5434
flying_solo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Touareg TDI, C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Son of a

Found a local guy on the forums selling a set of Fabspeed race headers, used, for $1200 shipped.

Nowhere near ready but I'll be damned if I didn't accidentally PM him an offer of $1k and I'll pick them up.

That problem is familiar, but I now how a house full of parts and cannot remember what I did or didnít ďget a great deal and need somedayĒ all over the house.

And speaking of purchases, I just pulled the trigger on a new set of rubber for the rear of the V. Good grief the cost to run this car is a lot. I shopped around and bought two 345/25R20 Nitto Invos for the low price of $505/each with free shipping. Two tires cost as much as most cars set of four! My current mpg average this tank of gas is around 10 mpg . The wallet may have met its match. Iím going to need enough gas to support a young Saudi princeís coke habit.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #5435
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Back to?

I still live them lol.

LOL yup.

Guy lived 10 minutes from the office in the West Loop. A little back and forth but we came to a deal.

Happiness and doubt, both intense right now lol.

"Wow such a deal, was gonna buy them anyways"

and

*looks at bank account* "WTF did I just do?"

But due to "late night deals" it could have been a $60k GTI. So there's that.

Pretty much my whole car is second hand ďgood dealĒ purchases lol.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #5436
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_solo View Post
Good grief the cost to run this car is a lot. I shopped around and bought two 345/25R20 Nitto Invos for the low price of $505/each with free shipping. Two tires cost as much as most cars set of four! My current mpg average this tank of gas is around 10 mpg . The wallet may have met its match. Iím going to need enough gas to support a young Saudi princeís coke habit.
Indeed.

I know the pain. It all sounded like a good idea at the time. And I have 3 of these things to maintain and service. "Wouldn't it be cool???" No, not really, not after living it lol.

The AD-08's I bought for the Cayman (last spring...) did not survive ~1000 miles, 3 AX's and 2 DE's with my "yeah put an aggressive alignment on it".

To double up - local tire shop almost (had to complain to the manager) didn't want to flip them on the rims either. Burned up the insides pretty good (lotsa camber) and wanted to flip 'em so I can at least get SOME street miles on them. Wasn't about to drop $800 to buy/mount two new rears already.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #5437
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: C5 Z06
Ahhh yes, tires. Ouch. Lol

First purchase I made for the Vette and god damn it hurt, ~$1k for a set and those weren't even the R888's that I wanted. Ended up with Nitto 555r rears and 555G2 fronts. They've been great even with the nitrous.

Next set will be R888's and more expensive. Gotta pay to play doe, amirite?

The GTI was so nice to mod. Cookie cutter mod path, simple diy shit, cheap mods. Every time I wanna do something to the Vette its like $1k down the drain. Headers alone are so damn expensive! I got my whole nitrous kit (literally everything) for less than a set of used headers. It's crazy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
Personally, I love any meat in tube form.
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
It's not gay if it's a three-way
Old 10-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #5438
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

13.9 mpg average with this current tank, but I don't drive it every day and every time I do drive it I beat on it, so it's no gas saver. I could probably squeeze decent mileage out of it, but where's the fun in that? enjoy that whine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Old 10-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #5439
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

I was able to get over 30mpg with my '01 Z06 if I drove it gently, used 6th a lot, etc.

Not much fun, true. But the other way empties the wallet pretty quickly, which makes it harder to have other kinds of fun.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #5440
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
I was able to get over 30mpg with my '01 Z06 if I drove it gently, used 6th a lot, etc.

Not much fun, true. But the other way empties the wallet pretty quickly, which makes it harder to have other kinds of fun.
Man if you could crank out 30mpg AVG on this car I applaud you.

Sure cruising at 60-70 in 6th gear can get me high 20's almost 30's on instant MPG but avg mpg is hard to pass 18 with how much I drive it.

Regardless, it's a blast and I try to not think about the gas lol but it does add up. Gonna pump some gas later and hoon with the bottle. Maybe I'll find that CTS-V from a few weeks ago...

Quote:
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Old 10-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #5441
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
Been playing the Gran Turismo beta last couple days and went and got the G29 wheel for it. Mang online racing is fun and infuriating. I hateeeee the fuckers who use my bumper as their brake and the way the game is setup I get time penalties when someone else slams me into a wall. Still going to buy the game though
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #5442
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2000 Saturn SC1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderzzz View Post
Been playing the Gran Turismo beta last couple days and went and got the G29 wheel for it. Mang online racing is fun and infuriating. I hateeeee the fuckers who use my bumper as their brake and the way the game is setup I get time penalties when someone else slams me into a wall. Still going to buy the game though
pick up f1 2016 and asseto corsa both fun games

I think im going to mod the brake pedal on the g29, the bushing is way too hard to get full braking power.

Also i highly recommend you mess with wheel settings for each game, definitely helps.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #5443
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Noobs. Get on iRacing.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Old 10-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #5444
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Noobs. Get on iRacing.
Exactly why iRacing is moar better. You have a rating that follows you throughout the service... and asspacking people hurts you. If your rating gets low enough you get booted from the service.

If iRacing isn't an option, I'd at least try to find a private league to run in (assuming those exist in GT?) At least those tend to have rules about that sort of thing. I generally avoid all things online when it comes to racing outside of iRacing or private rooms where I know people, specifically for the reasons cited above.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #5445
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Exactly why iRacing is moar better. You have a rating that follows you throughout the service... and asspacking people hurts you. If your rating gets low enough you get booted from the service.

If iRacing isn't an option, I'd at least try to find a private league to run in (assuming those exist in GT?) At least those tend to have rules about that sort of thing. I generally avoid all things online when it comes to racing outside of iRacing or private rooms where I know people, specifically for the reasons cited above.
Only negative to iRacing's point system, you also get points if someone hits you. But at least this makes you think twice about driving too aggressive and taking excessive risk, where you're putting other drivers in danger.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Old 10-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #5446
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
I actually have a friend who programs for iracing and heís getting me a code for free trial access once I move down to Florida next week and get set up there. Iím pretty stoked because Iíve heard itís way less bumper car like than console racing games.

Tags
#assman, #mikerowe2020, 10k or bust, bart is still confused, boosted loves tacos, boosted was here, buttplugs ftw, diabeetus, tuna is a p3nis master