GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #127
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
Someone else previously posted this but I can confirm. I left my CEL on for almost a week without resetting it and it finally went away on its own and has been gone for 4 days now. Fingers crossed it'll just stay gone.

Makes no sense but I'm tired of looking at it and not replacing my whole damn radiator for a sensor that doesn't do anything useful.
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #128
TKE Mario
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI mkVI 2.0T 6-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
Someone else previously posted this but I can confirm. I left my CEL on for almost a week without resetting it and it finally went away on its own and has been gone for 4 days now. Fingers crossed it'll just stay gone.

Makes no sense but I'm tired of looking at it and not replacing my whole damn radiator for a sensor that doesn't do anything useful.

not the case for mine unfortunately
Old 08-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #129
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
My car popped up with that code the other day, sensor went bad and my car is 1,000 miles out of cpo warranty, VW is covering the new radiator since they don't sell the fuck!ng sensor alone, I'm on the hook for the labor which fortunately is slightly discounted.

It is incredibly annoying to have a sensor fail that does nothing for me, I don't care about emissions in FL, it's more than frustrating to have to pay for anything surrounding this.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #130
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
My car popped up with the code again. Idk how it could be bad again, just replaced less than 6 weeks ago. Taking it back to the dealer that did the work tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #131
Aphix
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 2dr 6MT GTI
This should be fully covered by dealership since this is part of emissions. That includes labor. I would follow up with VWOA for assistance if the dealership isn't covering this fully.
Also, yeah, I had mine "fixed" and the issue came back the following week. This is prior to an upgraded IC so there wasn't an issue of it being too tight in there. I think the sensor is just terribly weak and prone to failure. But could be an install issue too.
APR Stage II v2.0 | RSR clutch | Sigma Six SS | TWM Big Type-R | Unitronic CAI | GFB DV+ | Golf R IC | Unitronic TBE | Neuspeed Pulley / TOP / TBP | Soundaktor Delete | HPA (75A) | SuperPro ALK / LCA / RCA | BILSTEIN PSS10 | 034 Strut / Trans / Motor Mounts | H&R 26mm (S) / 24mm (S) | Tyrolsport Subframe Collar / Brake Stiffening Kit / Stage II Aluminum Hatch Brace | R8 coil packs | NGK PFR7B | Modshack trim | OZ Alleggerita | Hawks HPS 5.0 | Michelin PSS
Aphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #132
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Still fighting this one as well. If I just leave the CEL it stays for 4-5 days and then disappears randomly for 4-5 days and then comes back. If I clear it, it comes back the next day. So I just deal with it and and off for now until someone figures out a path forward! What a pain!
Old 02-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #133
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Anyone else have any new insight into this? Mine went away for the winter but now that temps are creeping back up so is my CEL and car runs in open loop on and off (I think).
Old 02-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #134
zef
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
I had mine coded out with eurodyne software. United Motorsports offers this option as well.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:44 AM   #135
soul613

Drives: 2012 MK6
Just had the same error code. Went to an individual shop and they found a small leak in the radiator. Got it replaced. Then the car had an overheating problem... Diagnosed and found thermostat stuck. Water pump replaced at the dealer (fortunately VW covers the cost of this part, it's been the 3rd water pump though). I thought it's okay after that. But maybe 200 miles later, the P2568 code came back. Now it's the 4th day, the CEL went off. I will still go to the shop to check though. Will update if there is any new information.
soul613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #136
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Interesting.. just got a new radiator myself due to a curb incident and the wife driving. And still thermostat is strange sometimes and I get a code only on warm days. Thankfully if water pump goes VW covers it and the thermostat is integrated into it right?
Old 03-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #137
10_white_gti
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 gti
So a few months I noticed a few coolant drips on my garage floor, thought it was from my girls car (winter beater) then Friday I noticed my coolant level was low at the min line. Took the lower engine shield off and it was wet on the drivers side. Took a look and the rad is wet on the bottom end tank. So dumb me decide I’ll take the from clip off and get it ready to replace the rad. Next day I planned to head to the parts store and pick up a new rad drop it in and be on my way.(most stores in my area can get a new one by 12noon). So while taking apart everything I notice this sensor on the rad. So I just unclipped the sensor it wasn’t glued in and the Plastic nipple still intact. So I just put it aside. Overnight in bed while researching radiators and where I can get one the fastest. I come across ECS site while looking at part numbers and welll low and behold there’s two diffent rads ECS clearly states it. The next day I call around and every place only sells CCTA rads. So I The end I end up crimping the tabs down alittle on my original rad where it was leaking.( only a small slow leak, temporary fix till I can by the correct rad) Threw the sensor back on and put it all back together extreme fun way to spend the weekend right? As of now I have no cel for the sensor and never did before. But I worried if I go with and aftermarket rad and just throw my sensor on it will it become an issue? Anyone here using a aftermarket CBFA rad? Was my sensor suppose to be glued in? It was just clipped into the block with two small holes drilled it in. I’ll be getting a new rad from ECS because it the only place that I trust and knows there’s a difference. All the local places have no idea what I saying, like always. But do I just go with the aftermarket and reuse my stock sensor or New OEM rad and new OEM sensor??
| COBB Stage 2 | CTS catted DP| Rev9 V2 Intercooler| Megan Racing OE-RS | AST Cold Air Intake | R8 Coil-Packs | DG Springs | 18x8 45et Peeler 255/35/18 | HPA Short Shifter | Torque Solution shifter bushings | ProSport boost gauge|
10_white_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #138
zef
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
If you so much as sneeze on that sensor it will throw a CEL. Any OEM radiator that you buy from ECS for a CBFA car will have the sensor preattached. Removing/tampering with the sensor from the radiator will automatically cause a CEL. If that happens you must buy a new radiator since there is no way to reattach the sensor once it's removed.

If you go with Eurodyne/United Motorsports you can delete the sensor all together and can run a tyrolsport/mishimoto radiator. I just sent a message to Alex @ Stratified if he has this capability as well.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #139
10_white_gti
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
If you so much as sneeze on that sensor it will throw a CEL. Any OEM radiator that you buy from ECS for a CBFA car will have the sensor preattached. Removing/tampering with the sensor from the radiator will automatically cause a CEL. If that happens you must buy a new radiator since there is no way to reattach the sensor once it's removed.

If you go with Eurodyne/United Motorsports you can delete the sensor all together and can run a tyrolsport/mishimoto radiator. I just sent a message to Alex @ Stratified if he has this capability as well.
Well I took it out lol and put it back and I got no cell... odd. I feel like this is a hit or miss you either have issues with it or you donít. I plan to get stratified protune at some point... still on the fence if I wanna go ko4 but when the time comes Iíll have them just delete it to prevent future issues if any come up.
| COBB Stage 2 | CTS catted DP| Rev9 V2 Intercooler| Megan Racing OE-RS | AST Cold Air Intake | R8 Coil-Packs | DG Springs | 18x8 45et Peeler 255/35/18 | HPA Short Shifter | Torque Solution shifter bushings | ProSport boost gauge|
10_white_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:54 AM   #140
ErsteGTI
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: White 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
I’ve had this nagging CEL/Code (P2568) for a long while now. I don’t really notice much performance issue except the occasional drop in temp at weird times. I was dreading smog check, but I can confirm that using APR software to clear codes, drive for ~50-100 miles and GTI passed its first smog check.

Dealer quoted me $1562 to fix it. I plan on following up on the PZEV warranty and will post back.
APR Stage I ECU / APR Stage II TCU // APR Swaybars / DG Springs / Koni Yellow Sport Struts / TT Strut Mounts / Superpro ALK / Unibrace UB // Neuspeed RSe07 / Continental ExtremeContact Sport // Stoptech Streetpro Pads / SS-Brake Lines // NS Performance Boost gauge / 44DD Boost Tap/ Eds LED - HID Headlights / USP HID Fogs/ OEM LED Tail Lights / Euro Switch / Clear Side-markers / Red LED Footwell Light / 35% FX Premium 3M Tint
ErsteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote