GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #15
Tony48
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffyjetta View Post
I have a CBFA with 3" catless and removed air injection pump. All of my readiness monitors are permanently set to pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffyjetta View Post
No my tuner did that. You cannot do that with vcds. He's the only tuner I know that will force pass all readiness monitors. Every other ecu tune I've had leaves the monitor 'unready' or 'not supported' which will result in emissions failure.
Damn that's great. I would love to remove the secondary air injection pump but I'll have a permanent CEL without a tuning solution. That pump is noisy as hell on cold starts with a 3" exhaust.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #16
torga
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
From what I've researched, its county based. So not all counties do OBDII. I'll be moving to the DFW area, which does though.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/insp...nCriteria.aspx
Any way you could register a county over? I'm from that area and lived in Tarrant county - they do this. However, my grandparents had an address in Wise County and they only did an ultra simple visual inspection. Make sure there are no dash lights, make sure your exterior lights work, and that's about it. So I registered my car there and enjoyed stupid easy inspections for a while.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
Bushido
Ready to race!

Drives: 14' CSG GTI Wolfburg Edition 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by torga View Post
Any way you could register a county over? I'm from that area and lived in Tarrant county - they do this. However, my grandparents had an address in Wise County and they only did an ultra simple visual inspection. Make sure there are no dash lights, make sure your exterior lights work, and that's about it. So I registered my car there and enjoyed stupid easy inspections for a while.

Based on what I've read in another post; https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showt...ighlight=texas. This may be possible, but generally the inspection facilities are not suppose to do your inspection unless you are a resident of that county. Though, it seems like if you can find the right shop they may not care. I'm just trying to play it safe, and make the process easy ahead of time so I don't run into issues when I get there.
MK6 CSG GTI Wolfsburg Edition 6MT | APR Stage 1 ECU | APR Stage 1 & 2 Carbonio Intake | APR Catback Exhaust | APR Boost Tap & Boost Gauge | ECS Turbo Outlet Pipe | ECS Intake Pipe | GFB DV+ | R8 Coil Packs | H&R Sport Springs
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote