GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
Caandywht

Drives: 1st gen ea888
Talking Mk5 tsi small/slight build

Tried mk5 forum but they don't help . I'm trying to pump up my GTI's numbers without having to do internals. Currently it's apr stage 2 with supporting mods and has a unitronic ic rated for 600, a g grams tb to 70mm bore, and a gfb dv+ that I may need to switch to a full recirculating dv. I think the last mods available are s3 injectors, bigger turbo, and an intake manifold like IE or HPA, maybe meth kit to keep valves clean. What else could I do to maximize gains? I will be doing a custom IE tune or someone else around SLC with promising numbers. Good advice appreciated.
Caandywht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Caandywht

That's also unless I also need to upgrade to a different hpfp??
Old 06-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #3
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
You're pretty much at the power limits without upgrading the turbo.

You don't really need injectors or a different hpfp on a tsi. That was a mk5/fsi thing

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
improvise. adapt. overcome
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
Caandywht

I'm thinking of doing all the mentioned bolts ons. A bigger turbo maybe a k04 or if it's possible bigger, s3 injectors I heard go we'll with the k04 or little bigger. Intake manifold to increase obviously air flow and maybe the meth kit. I think if I add all of these I'd get a better gain than just putting on a k04 and calling it done.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #5
smanierre
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caandywht View Post
I'm thinking of doing all the mentioned bolts ons. A bigger turbo maybe a k04 or if it's possible bigger, s3 injectors I heard go we'll with the k04 or little bigger. Intake manifold to increase obviously air flow and maybe the meth kit. I think if I add all of these I'd get a better gain than just putting on a k04 and calling it done.
You don't need an intake manifold unless you're trying to make port meth easier. K04 will be fine on stock injectors, if going for over 400whp id say start looking at mk7 golf r injectors. Plug and play and the flow more. I don't think you even want to know the price of the only hpfp upgrade for this engine. If you have a set number (or range) in mind then it'll be easier to help recommend parts

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Stratified E30 Tune | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | VWR Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck | YCW Aeris Series Coilovers
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
Supporting mods...did you replace the pancake and throttle pipes? Wrap the throttle pipe and stage 2 intake with heat wrap? Honestly, K04 power is plenty. You will have wheelspin galore unless you run really sticky tires. Is this a track build or a just a fun daily?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Get all mods done pre marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote