GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #1863
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Pro tunes sold out. What do I do

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's crazy. I wonder if they marked it sold out just so they could catch up with customers that are still waiting.

If I had a k04 I don't know that I would go with stratified, just to skip all the back and forth while trying to refine your tune. I'd find a local shop that has a dyno and can either do the tune for you or they have a cobb tuner contact they can send logs to who would be able to make adjustments on the spot and send you a new file. Get multiple logs done in 1 day with multiple revisions. Unless you could coordinate that with stratified.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #1864
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
That's crazy. I wonder if they marked it sold out just so they could catch up with customers that are still waiting.

If I had a k04 I don't know that I would go with stratified, just to skip all the back and forth while trying to refine your tune. I'd find a local shop that has a dyno and can either do the tune for you or they have a cobb tuner contact they can send logs to who would be able to make adjustments on the spot and send you a new file. Get multiple logs done in 1 day with multiple revisions. Unless you could coordinate that with stratified.
With my special blend of parts, I am chasing reputation to ensure a good job.

Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #1865
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post

that's probably correct and i wouldn't expect them to acknowledge it on here... either way wait a bit...

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #1866
ksandman
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
With my special blend of parts, I am chasing reputation to ensure a good job.

Email Justin at Freektune if you’re looking for another option. I am more than happy with how my car turned out and I was never left hanging for two weeks to get a new log. Not hating on stratified as Alex is a great tuner, but there are other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #1867
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
While my strat tune is definitely fast, my car has never really run right since working with them. It's difficult to datalog these issues because they're not always consistent. You really need a tuner who can sit in the car with you and feel what the car is doing. That is a huge and very important step that's missed when doing this whole remote tuning thing.

Also, since March my car has been occasionally going into limp mode. Essentially the response I got from them was we are basically looking to turn off the safe monitors which are causing the fault to trigger. I wasn't exactly thrilled by that response.

I will likely be switching to UM since they are local and Fred can tune the car in person. Between him doing a good mix of dyno and street tuning the car should be perfect. UM will also still allow me to disable the CEL for my Tyrolsport radiator.

Not saying anything bad about Alex as he's a great tuner, but this has been a slow and painful process that I don't really have anymore patience for. I've spent lots of time and money thinking my car had boost leaks, exhaust leaks etc that they had me believe were causing my issues but I've eliminated every possibility.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #1868
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
You are going from one tuner who suggested turning off sensors to another who is going to turn them off.

Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #1869
Alex@Stratified
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Sometimes the protunes will be sold out if we have a lot of tuning volume. If you absolutely need a tune for an install ASAP, please message us at the link below as I don't immediately get forum PMs.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index...age=contact_us
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #1870
Alex@Stratified
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
Still dont know wtf this is, revving up to like 4k helps when shifting but the hang still feels weird, i have a clutch and lightweight flywheel so that should've helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoYn3jehmA
The ECU shuts off fueling when shifting or letting off but re-engages it right around 1200 RPM to prevent the car from stalling. This is where you are seeing the needle slow down its descent. However this should not affect the shifting as you won't be in that RPM range when shifting.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 PM   #1871
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Stratified View Post
The ECU shuts off fueling when shifting or letting off but re-engages it right around 1200 RPM to prevent the car from stalling. This is where you are seeing the needle slow down its descent. However this should not affect the shifting as you won't be in that RPM range when shifting.
thank you, also noticed the needle likes to hang out around 2k sometimes, guess its safe to say thats normal too