GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

View Poll Results: Which Dealership
Riverhead Bay VW 0 0%
Smithtown VW 3 23.08%
Donaldsons VW 2 15.38%
Atlantic VW 2 15.38%
Huntington VW 2 15.38%
Legend VW 2 15.38%
Platinum VW 1 7.69%
Sunrise VW 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
luv my dub76
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 mk6 gti autobahn
Fuck platinum , bought a 09 from them . Went back to them to buy a 13 . All they had in stock where four doors in stock . Didn't even bother looking for a 2 door for me even though I was a repeat customer. Told me that there weren't any around. Even told them that Atlantic had the car. Salesman tells me that car isn't even at Atlantic . It's just on their site to bring people in . Went to Atlantic where I was treated very nicely and the 2 door manual autobahn was there in the lot as advertised on their site.
Once again FUCK PLATINUM VW

GTI license plate frame (1hp)
Getting vw tire valve covers soon for those extra 10hp , just saving my $$$$$$

RIP 09 MKV CW , miss the car everyday
luv my dub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
koinfamous2
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Bought my 2012 from Atlantic

Ricky Delyra was my salesman.

Super nice guy, knew his stuff.

Place is right around the corner from me and only about a year or so old. Great service all around, no hassle, got a great price, and when I needed to come in for service they were quick and accomodating. Absolutely recommend heading over to them!
koinfamous2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #17
svwag
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 CSG 4Dr Autobahn DSG GTI
Send a message via AIM to svwag
Bought my 2012 Autobahn GTI from Platinum, that went smoothly, their service department sucks though. I upgraded to summer tires after I got the car, but had tire insurance through VW, so went there when I got a bubble, they replaced my summer tire with an all season (DWS instead of DW)
They also changed my water pump (high pitch whining issue) twice, the 2nd time leaving on of the bolts improperly torqued, which then caused a leak, found at a dealer in Florida where I had moved to. The service manager was nasty and so was most of his staff.
Donaldson's years ago on my 2002 Cabrio, did not find a loose bolt, but instead swapped out most of my suspension, 2 weeks later my back left wheel almost disconnected itself from the car, a local mechanic found out the issue was a 15$ bolt, so wouldn't go to Donaldson's again either. I'm in Queens now so gonna be using Bayside VW for any warranty work.
svwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #18
estepnie
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian3979 View Post
Huntington VW is good.
Updating an old tread, Huntington was good. They got a new service manager. I'm stage 2 with catless dp, and wouldn't pass me even though no CEL and all readiness set.
I never had a problem here before and they would do warranty work with the car tuned, I don't see that happening anymore.
GIAC X2|Unitronic Intake|Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete & TOP|Neuspeed Charge Pipe & FMIC|Unitronic DV Relocation Kit|Turbosmart Kompact EM Plumb Back DV|R8 Coil Packs|Fluidampr Engine Damper|034 Motorsports Engine Mounts|APR Pendulum Mount|HPA Subframe Bushing|SPM Custom TBE|VWR Springs|Bilstein B8 Dampers|Hotchkis F&R Sway Bars|034 Motorsports Endlinks|SuperPro ALK|Unibrace UB XB RB|TyrolSport Subframe Collars F&R|OEM LED Tails|Smoked Side Markers|Rear Wiper Delete|Neuspeed RSe52s|P3 Boost Gauge
estepnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #19
franco516
FIA GT Champion

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by estepnie View Post
Updating an old tread, Huntington was good. They got a new service manager. I'm stage 2 with catless dp, and wouldn't pass me even though no CEL and all readiness set.
I never had a problem here before and they would do warranty work with the car tuned, I don't see that happening anymore.
oh so Jose is no longer there? wasnt he the service manager?
Old 04-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
estepnie
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI CSG
I think Jose is still there. I dealt with Phil this time and he said he was the manager.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
GIAC X2|Unitronic Intake|Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete & TOP|Neuspeed Charge Pipe & FMIC|Unitronic DV Relocation Kit|Turbosmart Kompact EM Plumb Back DV|R8 Coil Packs|Fluidampr Engine Damper|034 Motorsports Engine Mounts|APR Pendulum Mount|HPA Subframe Bushing|SPM Custom TBE|VWR Springs|Bilstein B8 Dampers|Hotchkis F&R Sway Bars|034 Motorsports Endlinks|SuperPro ALK|Unibrace UB XB RB|TyrolSport Subframe Collars F&R|OEM LED Tails|Smoked Side Markers|Rear Wiper Delete|Neuspeed RSe52s|P3 Boost Gauge
estepnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #21
fbgmoney
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2014 CW GTI DSG
I met Phil. Phil tried to overcharged me for a brake fluid flush. I said no thanks. Phil spoke with someone else and then offered me a more reasonable price.
fbgmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #22
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcode View Post
Atlantic VW, very mod friendly
Really? I bought my car here and they did the complimentary maintenance but thats all I let them do. Asked one of the service guys once in a joking way to code my DRL’s so the option to turn them on/off was in the MFD. He looked at me like I was crazy and said that wasn't possible on the car... Went one night to buy oil and filter 5 min after the service area closed they refused to let me buy the parts. They refused to give me my radio code unless I drove there with my photo ID and let them scan the car. I realize neither of these have anything to do with “mods” but they dont strike me as the type to let anything slide.
whitewolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #23
FndrStrat06
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Black 2014 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
oh so Jose is no longer there? wasnt he the service manager?

Jose tried to scam me big time when I bought my GTI, that was August 2017. Just shortly after I bought the car, VW of Huntington, Audi of Huntington, and Nissan of Huntington (same dealer group) were all slammed with NYS fines for scamming people on warranties they didn't sign up for.

VW of Huntington can shove it.

On a positive note, the service department at Platinum VW has been good to me.
FndrStrat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #24
franco516
FIA GT Champion

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by FndrStrat06 View Post
Jose tried to scam me big time when I bought my GTI, that was August 2017. Just shortly after I bought the car, VW of Huntington, Audi of Huntington, and Nissan of Huntington (same dealer group) were all slammed with NYS fines for scamming people on warranties they didn't sign up for.

VW of Huntington can shove it.

On a positive note, the service department at Platinum VW has been good to me.
Yeah idk what to tell you. I was actually there yesterday and he was nothing but extremely helpful.