GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2017, 02:23 AM   #85
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,345
Thats interesting. The IC did not seem to affect my stage 2 tune as significantly. I do not think my boost values changed.
Socal pnp set my k04 to 6psi cracking pressure which is factory spec, so it probably could be raised. I'll wait for an official response before tinkering just yet though. It could be the tune and the turbo just don't match right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
K04 P&P E30 blend | 356whp/355wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #86
FriggenT
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Thats interesting. The IC did not seem to affect my stage 2 tune as significantly. I do not think my boost values changed.
Socal pnp set my k04 to 6psi cracking pressure which is factory spec, so it probably could be raised. I'll wait for an official response before tinkering just yet though. It could be the tune and the turbo just don't match right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I would most definitely work with the tune first, I'm just giving you my personal experience. Iirc Alex from stratified also had said the bigger ICs and higher psi numbers will need a stronger WG, but I'm holding 19, sometimes 20, so imo that seems pretty good.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #87
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
I would most definitely work with the tune first, I'm just giving you my personal experience. Iirc Alex from stratified also had said the bigger ICs and higher psi numbers will need a stronger WG, but I'm holding 19, sometimes 20, so imo that seems pretty good.
I was not logging properly apparently. After logging again, it appears that I have a boost leak. Requesting 23psi and making 17psi.
http://datazap.me/u/brobst101/log-14...g=1&data=1-4-5
__________________
K04 P&P E30 blend | 356whp/355wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:45 PM   #88
FriggenT
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
I was not logging properly apparently. After logging again, it appears that I have a boost leak. Requesting 23psi and making 17psi.
http://datazap.me/u/brobst101/log-14...g=1&data=1-4-5
Always good to check for leaks, but meeting requested doesn't always mean a boost leak...like I said, sometimes the WG cannot hold the pressure.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #89
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion
 
brobst's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
Always good to check for leaks, but meeting requested doesn't always mean a boost leak...like I said, sometimes the WG cannot hold the pressure.
Fair enough. I am going to start with a pressure test, and then I will move onto the wastegate if everything is good pressure side.
__________________
K04 P&P E30 blend | 356whp/355wtq | Beyond Superior Interior | Brobst's Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #90
FriggenT
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Fair enough. I am going to start with a pressure test, and then I will move onto the wastegate if everything is good pressure side.
If you do, just make sure to log your fuel and such to make sure the added pressure isn't making the car run lean. If Andy is tuning it for you, I'd let him adjust everything first, and if you're still not where you want to be, move on to the WG preload
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #91
iSpeed
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central Pacific Islands
Posts: 26
I recently installed UM's 3bar map file on my GTI. It's a violent surge at 25+psi now! Haven't had a chance to dyno it yet but the butt dyno is like😮
iSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.