GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-17-2018, 12:16 AM   #701
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Updated the Ignition Timing Maps today with the data logged ones from the MK5 Rabbit,... not perfect but took a small step forward.

EDIT: Son doesn't like me playing with the car tho;... may Dyno it to see where I am, if I can get use of the Golf.

Last edited by MLue1; 05-17-2018 at 12:20 AM. Reason: dyno
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #702
FlowMK6
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Golf 2.5 6speed MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
Very nice. Are you running the brake boost off of the intake manifold ports. That's what IE told me they were meant to be used for. Might free up some hoses and help with the PCV. Is that the IE CAI as well installed?
I traded my AFE intake for a neuspeed because it does fit pretty well, I didn't use the vacuum port on the intake manifold, I used the vacuum port on the throttle for the PCV and the brake booster using vacuum T fittings, you could use the fittings under the intake manifold, but for me it was extra piping length and no issues so far with my current vaccum routing

I received the catch can today and installed it, I had difficulty to find an ideal spot for it since it's a universal catch can, here is the result

It's not like I wanted to do it, I would have like to install it near the headlights at the lowest point, but had some issues, so I put it there, it's easy to access and remove

As for the tune, tomorrow I have a free day, I might drive to Montreal and get tuned
FlowMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #703
Wascally Wabbit
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Rabbit Diesel/TDI/2.5L
Looks like a good fit to me. Plus you want to have access to it so you can clean it.
Wascally Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #704
FlowMK6
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
Looks like a good fit to me. Plus you want to have access to it so you can clean it.
Yep and something I like from that catch can is the price and the "dipstick" on it, I can quickly check oil level on the catch can

I have a rendezvous today, I should be tuned by 2pm
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #705
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMK6 View Post
Yep and something I like from that catch can is the price and the "dipstick" on it, I can quickly check oil level on the catch can

I have a rendezvous today, I should be tuned by 2pm
Great let us know the results.

Dyno... ?

I'm not knocking your catch can it looks like a great setup but it looks a bit small.

If so, Summer maybe ok but will fill up in a few days in the winter.... believe me I've done it.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #706
FlowMK6
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post

Dyno... ?

I'm not knocking your catch can it looks like a great setup but it looks a bit small.

If so, Summer maybe ok but will fill up in a few days in the winter.... believe me I've done it.
No dyno yet, finally I went to Montreal at the UM reseller, the guy is very nice, he got a A3 Quattro swapped with a rabbit 2.5 turbo motor, he got a great setup and knows a lot on 5 cylinders

Now I don't feel the torque loss anymore, but I doesn't really notice changes in high rpm, I didn't drive enough to notice it

The catch can is a 400ml
Old 05-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #707
Wascally Wabbit
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Rabbit Diesel/TDI/2.5L
Are you coming from stock or did you have a stage 1 tune already? I don't know enough about UM tunes to comment.
Wascally Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #708
jones5377
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobbi View Post
You dont look low. Could just be the angle the picture was taken. Nice car tho. I dig the white.

It was only lowered about 1.5 or so. I started there and now I'm going to adjust it lower. I wanted to do it in stages, instead of going super low and having to raise it up. Plus I want to get a bottom protection pan first.

Mac Dub
09' Rabbit / 13' Jetta Sportwagen / 18' Atlas
jones5377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #709
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMK6 View Post
No dyno yet, finally I went to Montreal at the UM reseller, the guy is very nice, he got a A3 Quattro swapped with a rabbit 2.5 turbo motor, he got a great setup and knows a lot on 5 cylinders

Now I don't feel the torque loss anymore, but I doesn't really notice changes in high rpm, I didn't drive enough to notice it

The catch can is a 400ml
I'm surprised! I know you had UM Stage 1 which should be torquer than the Stage2 could ever be, but the Top end should be quite evedent, the difference should be night and day.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #710
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

UPDATE: Backup Camera working Great Again

Quote:
My Son and I finished Installing the Backup Camera that came with the Eonon Android Radio that I was to lazy to install. I never use one so didn't see the need.

Now that it's installed and working great, I shoulda installed long ago.

UPDATE: The Camera works great when we followed the diagram to apply 12 volts to the camera all the time, only to see a warning that constant power would overheat and shorten the life by a lot, I think they said the camera can be on max. 10 minutes or it will overheat.

We previously used a Yada wireless Backup Camera with the a tiny screen built into the Rearview mirror. The Yada was turned on/off by using the Reverse Trigger Wire (Black wire with Blue/Green Stripes), we connected the red positive power wire to the Reverse Trigger Wire only to have it work briefly in testing but not work backing out of the garage.
Camera working perfectly now!

Installed a $6 relay, using the Reverse Trigger (Black wire with Blue Green stripes) to switch on the relay. The relay supplies 12 volts to power the camera, negatine wire from the Camera connected to the nearby chassis ground block.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #711
jones5377
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Deleted my tail Muffler an put on these DC Sports Exhaust 3 " Resonater tips.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #712
v1nn1e
Go Kart Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5377 View Post
Deleted my tail Muffler an put on these DC Sports Exhaust 3 " Resonater tips.
Nice, and beefy

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
v1nn1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:40 PM   #713
jones5377
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
Quote:

Dyno... ?

What size can do you recommend? I was thinking about installing a can by Nuke Performance. It's listed at .75L or 25 oz.

https://www.nukeperformance.com/prod...category_id=38
Old 05-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #714
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5377 View Post
What size can do you recommend? I was thinking about installing a can by Nuke Performance. It's listed at .75L or 25 oz.

https://www.nukeperformance.com/prod...category_id=38
I'm not an expert, I made one from Home Depot compressor parts, it worked pretty good, used it for a bit over a week. Worked great in South Carolina but once I returned to Canada, in the cold weather the condensation from the engine filled the container pretty quickly in a few days, so the 750ml one you posted would prolly work better. Since you're in California, you can take your pick of sizes based on how often you can remember to empty it.