GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #15
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thablastnotez View Post
True, and that's definitely how I look at it. Another part of me is nervous because I bought the car yes to have some gun GTIs are great, but also for reliability.

I am worried who had it before me bought the upgrades and drove the shit out of it and dumped it while they could..

I know if I bring it in and told them they sold me a tuned car, they would have to fix my clutch at no charge. But then I'd lose the software(which would be more cheap for me to re buy rather than the clutch).

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOO.
My car has been beat on by me since 33k. Always properly taken care of but these cars can take a beating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
If you got used to the car at stage2 levels you're going to hate it going back to stock.

These cars take a beating pretty well. I wouldn't worry so much if the previous owner beat on it or not as long as it's running fine. Put a stage 2 clutch in and enjoy the car.
^^ this. I've never switched back to stock but driving other stock cars or loaner cars are always very disappointing lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You've had the car for a year? VW isn't gonna do anything for you.
Also this.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #16
Thablastnotez
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 GTI APR stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You've had the car for a year? VW isn't gonna do anything for you.
The car has a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years or until 105,000ish miles. I'm at 49,000.
Thablastnotez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
The car has a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years or until 105,000ish miles. I'm at 49,000.

Regardless, best case scenario VW offers to replace your clutch with a new OEM clutch. You don't want another weak clutch that's gonna start slipping. And they won't install an aftermarket clutch for you.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #18
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Get the clutch fixed while they can do it for you. Seems you already got the hardware so if you decide to go back to Stg2 you can do that later. At least the expensive repair is not on your dime.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #19
2012TP
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Slow
Why are we so sure the clutch is covered here? It's a wearable item, especially at 49k. Shit, add tires/brakes/wiper blades while you're at it.

Watch your car pop a TD1 when it goes in for service, and them say the car was modded in the year since you bought it. Stealerships
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #20
Thablastnotez
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Regardless, best case scenario VW offers to replace your clutch with a new OEM clutch. You don't want another weak clutch that's gonna start slipping. And they won't install an aftermarket clutch for you.
It's not under warranty.. they said $3,000 to replace oem. If I tell them about the tune, they'll fix it for free most likely lol.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
If I tell them about the tune, they'll fix it for free most likely lol.
I highly doubt this.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #22
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
I highly doubt this.
Ditto., no incentive after a year to eat the cost
Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #23
fradooooo
Go Kart Champion

Drives:
Quote:

You didnít mention this is your original post. Good luck having things covered under that hood. Eat the cost of a new stronger clutch and enjoy stage 2 to the fullest
fradooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:56 AM   #24
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Not gonna happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradooooo View Post
Good luck having things covered under that hood. Eat the cost of a new stronger clutch and enjoy stage 2 to the fullest
^^^This

I'm not even sure how good your "bumper to bumper" warranty is gonna be IF they know it's tuned (TD1) already and/or when they do find out
Old 05-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #25
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 153k+
My stage 1 car slipped the clutch under certain conditions, you just let off the gas a bit or downshift a gear. I made it last over 100k with no other issues. Don't expect the dealer to pay for a clutch, just wait for the next real problem to bring it in. APR will 'transfer' the tune to your name for a couple hundred bucks, at least that's how it used to be. Then you can get reflashed if something happens at the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #26
likkleindian
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK VI GTI
Question for OP, if your car is stage 2 tuned how are you driving around on stage 1? You can't change stages , you can go stock and different octane levels. Be careful you are not running the car with the wrong octane. Eg: 93 file and you are buying 87 or 104 and you are buying 93. Continue to do this and clutch may not be your only problem.
likkleindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #27
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by likkleindian View Post
Question for OP, if your car is stage 2 tuned how are you driving around on stage 1? You can't change stages , you can go stock and different octane levels. Be careful you are not running the car with the wrong octane. Eg: 93 file and you are buying 87 or 104 and you are buying 93. Continue to do this and clutch may not be your only problem.
good Question. You can switch between 91 or 93 or stock tune but I've not heard of switching between stage 1 & 2. Maybe OP meant the latter aka valet mode?
Old 05-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #28
Thablastnotez
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
good Question. You can switch between 91 or 93 or stock tune but I've not heard of switching between stage 1 & 2. Maybe OP meant the latter aka valet mode?
Definitely meant octane files not stages. I buy 93 octane, so what are the different levels then?