GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #43
Bronson@APR

Drives:
I LOVE this build thread, it is oozing with quality components. The Akra CBE is something I've personally wanted to try out. I love Ti exhausts and Carbon fiber exhaust tips.

Also, the VWR Subframe mount will break in since it is poly, mine has. It took about 4-500 miles but NVH improved. I get no wheel hop at the track and when under WOT shifting from 1st --> 2nd the transmission used to move and make it nearly impossible to hit 2nd gear, not an issue anymore after the VWR Subframe Mount.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI CSG
Thanks Bronson. Yeah I have 600+ miles on the mount now and its calmed down some. I'm still getting used to launching with the mount, but taking off from freeway on ramps hasn't been this fun since I went stage 2

Diesel Geek SS + Tyrol Sport Shifter Bushings and the VWR mount really improved the vague stock shifting.

I've been lagging on getting a video of the Akra exhaust up. I recently picked up a new EOS M camera, if it works with my fat gecko window mount I'll post a short video.

“Good equipment ain’t cheap, and cheap equipment ain’t good.”
dustinouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #45
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

Been kinda quiet in here. Just waiting for parts. Wheels are still at the powdercoater. Need to post pictures from Formula Drift this past weekend. I'll try to get it done this weekend.

In the meantime I recently installed some smaller parts. Volvo license plate frame mount and OEM rear and side shades. Pics after I get my car washed. It was raining earlier this week and windy the rest, so the car is filthy.

Finally doing some body mods. Revozport V2 roof spoiler should be here this week.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #46
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

KW V2s are posted for sale:
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58384

Wing is here but the fitment is a little off. Trying to figure out the install. I was hoping to have it on for the cruise this weekend but that isn't going to happen.

I bought a used Porter Cable a few months back and have been stock piling supplies. I finally got enough time to put them to use yesterday. Spent the whole day did 3 passes
1. Prima Swirl Remover
2. 1Z Einszett Polish Wax
3. Klasse Glaze

I made a really dumb mistake applying glaze over wax. That explains why the Klasse was so greasy to wipe off. Swirls are gone and probably a minimal layer of wax built up but the glaze didn't set. I have a lot to learn. Guess I'll be redoing the glaze another time.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #47
oempls
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MKVI GTI
Interested in possibly mimicking your suspension upgrades. From what I have read on several builds you guys really seem to like the VWR subframe mounts. Since your last post has it gotten smoother?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #48
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

It has definitely gotten smoother but I still have a little bit of vibration at low RPMs in 2nd gear especially with the A/C on. If you're driving up this Sunday I can show you.

FYI install costs for the VWR subframe mount is more expensive that the typical insert. The subframe has to be completely dropped and disassembled to get both the top and lower mounts pressed in.

Last edited by dustinouch; 04-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #49
oempls
FIA GT Champion

Yeah I will be up there this weekend. I'd love to check it out.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
TheGTIChannel
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: like it's nobody's business
Been looking at that wing for some time too! Be sure to post some pics, I haven't seen many...
Car looks great, keep it up
Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #51
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

I'm having some fitment issues with the wing. I stopped by Evasive earlier this week to try to figure out how to mount it.

Left side:

Right side:

The top fits perfect, its flush no gaps but there is a gap where the bottom of the wing fits against the stock rear spoiler about 3/16" on the left and 1/8" on the right.

I've been emailing Revozport about it, hopefully I can get it figured out.

Side note: just ordered some pre-painted Votex side skirts from KefferVW

Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #52
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

Wheels got finished in time for the cruise to Neuspeed. Rotiform did a great job on the powder coat. Here's a quick iphone pic for now.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #53
andy_uranium
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 mk6 GTI CW, 2004 Acura TSX
Nice, looks good.
2011 CW GTI - DSG, Leather, LED R tails, OEM front lip, color matched side markers, red footwell leds, klii plaid vinyl accents, DG springs, Unibrace XB, UB and RB - OZ supertourismo LMs - Hankook V12 evo
andy_uranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #54
oempls
FIA GT Champion

Car looked and sounded good on the cruise. Suspension looked pretty solid in the corners as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #55
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

Thanks Brandon it was good meeting you too. Might have to roll down to SD with the other OC guys when that rolling photoshoot happens.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #56
dustinouch
Formula 5000 Driver

Some pictures from the Last Sunday cruise to Neuspeed, thanks Bernie!