GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

Old 12-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #1
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
CT Transmission Shop

I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
Tony48

Drives: 2011 GTI
I haven't had any service performed here, but XLR8 Performance is a big shop in CT. I recently spoke with them via email about installation procedures for the billet Rear Main Seal they sell for TSI engines and they were very knowledgeable and friendly. I believe they are a sponsor on this site as well.

EDIT: Here's their thread
Old 12-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
aj_law
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Not sure which part of the state you're from, but Speed Sport Tuning in Danbury has done several things (e.g. IM, fuel pump, carbon cleanings, water pump) on my GTI and I've been very happy with their work and pricing.

Top. Top.

Wouldn't trust anyone else to touch my ride.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 135K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
Noodle

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
If you want to got down to Nj, Drive auto works is great
Old 12-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
+1 for Xlr8. They do an amazing job. Been there probably 3 times now with my gti. They installed my stage 3 daily silent south bend clutch, and did my timing chain tensioner/ cam bridge maintenance.

They will not let you down. You do pay for their services but I have never been disappointed. Anything big and complicated I don't hesitate to send their way.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
Yomillio
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 CW GTI w/ DSG
I'd recommend Excelerate in the Southwest region of CT and Coventry Motorcar in the Northeast region. Both are knowledgeable, friendly... everything you'd want.

Best of luck!
HPA SHS Coilovers | 034 Motorsport Front Strut Mounts | Whiteline Endlinks | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Insert | GFB DV+ | Modshack VTDA | 034 Motorsport Catch Can | OEM R8 Coilpacks | Cobb Stage 1+ | US Mill Works Lightened No-Drill Front Plate | Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow Fogs | OEM Dark Cherry LED Tails
Yomillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?

Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
smanierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.
I think I'm just gonna have one shop do the whole thing, clutch kit, tob, rear main, shift forks, lsd, and transmission fluid. I'll look into excelerate and the shop you mentioned

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
Old 01-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #9
Noodle

drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them
Old 01-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #10
smanierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them
Where are they located

<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
Old 01-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #11
Noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Where are they located

mountainside nj