GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #43
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtype2 View Post
The cheapest catless downpipe you can get that requires no modifications for a CBFA is the CTS for $399.

Probably still cheaper to buy a $99 eBay pipe and have a third o2 fitting welded on and the flange holes elongated.
I believe my EuroJet went for around 380.00 but might of been on promotion when I bought it.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #44
oldtype2
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '12 TR GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailPower View Post
I believe my EuroJet went for around 380.00 but might of been on promotion when I bought it.
I think EuroJet was bought out by another company recently and are no longer available. UroTuning did sell their catless version for $359.
oldtype2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #45
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtype2 View Post
The cheapest catless downpipe you can get that requires no modifications for a CBFA is the CTS for $399.

Probably still cheaper to buy a $99 eBay pipe and have a third o2 fitting welded on and the flange holes elongated.

The CTS would be worth it to me. Having someone weld something is always a gamble, the cost difference between that and a CTS isn't enough to make me want to get a 99 ebay dp anyways, I'm sure the CTS is better quality to begin with. Additionally, a $400 dp compared to a $750 is really awesome and worth it. Then $150 on the tune and I'll still save at least $300 total. But man, 700-800 bucks for a DP when the power gain just isn't a lot.

Tags
apr, downpipe, worthit