GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #43107
Caii
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:

painted the back GTI emblem to match the rest of the german flag decals i got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #43108
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Just set up my appointment to get my timing tensioner/chain replaced. Not having any problems yet, but I'm at 75k so I feel it's time to replace the tensioner.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #43109
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Just set up my appointment to get my timing tensioner/chain replaced. Not having any problems yet, but I'm at 75k so I feel it's time to replace the tensioner.
whats the quote for the cost, if you don't mind me asking?

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #43110
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
whats the quote for the cost, if you don't mind me asking?
$1650, but I don't have a detailed list of what that includes. A revised chain and revised tensioner obviously, and the $200 lower timing cover, but I'm not sure about any parts beyond that. I think he said it's like an 8 hour job, so he'll have it for 2 days.

I had a 2nd shop quote me too and it was only $50 off from the first quote.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
Old 06-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #43111
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
$1650, but I don't have a detailed list of what that includes. A revised chain and revised tensioner obviously, and the $200 lower timing cover, but I'm not sure about any parts beyond that. I think he said it's like an 8 hour job, so he'll have it for 2 days.

I had a 2nd shop quote me too and it was only $50 off from the first quote.
peace of mind aint cheap.

╬╬╣
Old 06-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #43112
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Seems to be the going rate, somehow i got my shop (VW/Audi/APR tuner shop) to do it for ~1200 but they regretted the quiote lol. Think it was a mistake quote haha
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #43113
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
Seems to be the going rate, somehow i got my shop (VW/Audi/APR tuner shop) to do it for ~1200 but they regretted the quiote lol. Think it was a mistake quote haha
shop near me quoted in that neighborhood

╬╬╣
Old 06-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #43114
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
peace of mind aint cheap.
I don't really want to do it. I feel like I could get away with it and trade it in before something would fail. I had bad luck with the chain on my last gti though, so I'll take that peace of mind lol
Old 06-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #43115
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
I paid 1750 for my exhaust manifold gasket. Lol I also had a broken stud they had to extract totally worth it in my opinion I'd have prolly gotten pissed broke something else or ended up needing them to finish. Peace of mind totally worth it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #43116
crazyaRms
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' CW Golf R 4DR
Got my car back yesterday with my new clutch installed, new DP and stage 2 flash. Feels like an entirely new car. My left leg is going to be strong as hell after this break in period though lol.
2013 4DR CW Golf R. APR Stage 2. Volant Intake. ECS Short Shifter. MK4 Relay Lever. 42DD Shift linkage bushings. DEPO Dark Cherry LED Tails. BSH Torque arm insert. H&R Sport Springs. Newsouth Boost Gauge. Enkei RS05RRs. TWM Shift knob. Magnaflow Catback. CTS DP. DKM Stage2 Clutch. Nesuspeed RSB and Endlinks. R8 Coils. GFB DV+. BSH Competition Catch Can. Valentine V1.
crazyaRms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #43117
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaRms View Post
Got my car back yesterday with my new clutch installed, new DP and stage 2 flash. Feels like an entirely new car. My left leg is going to be strong as hell after this break in period though lol.
I was really surprised by how stiff the clutch was on that first drive home. I was even more surprised how much the pedal softened up over night. That first drive home I was pretty stressed about the pedal feel, my leg even got sore. The next morning I went to start my car and the pedal felt so much closer to oem and absolutely nothing like it was the day before.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #43118
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
I was really surprised by how stiff the clutch was on that first drive home. I was even more surprised how much the pedal softened up over night. That first drive home I was pretty stressed about the pedal feel, my leg even got sore. The next morning I went to start my car and the pedal felt so much closer to oem and absolutely nothing like it was the day before.
Or your leg got stronger overnight

╬╬╣
Old 06-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #43119
Hedgehodge
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
AC Troubles

Troubleshooting warmer, on and off, AC temps.

AC Compressor Engaged ALWAYS (this is normal for this car now from what i read)
Low Side 15 (started at 20 briefly(temp is same, 76F and 89% humidity)
High Side 150

Any ideas :\ PM me , thanks

Whats normal for this car, 30-40 low and 220 high? Thanks
Hedgehodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #43120
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
I had the same thing, although it was over the course of a week or so. Initially I was worried I wouldn't be able to daily the car because of how stiff it was and how hard it grabbed, now it feels great. Definitely harder to drive than the stock clutch but good shifts are so much more rewarding
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?