GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 AM   #15
bryngutierrez46
Touring Car Champion

Drives:
I have it and I like it

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
bryngutierrez46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #16
PNWKuey
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Candy White MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailPower View Post
Honestly, I don't think I've heard 1 good sounding exhaust for this car. They all sound whiny and raspy. Almost Honda like. Then again, coming from an SRT4, most 4 bangers do outside of the boxer engine...
I do know there are some interesting sound setups when you get the right downpipe paired with a nice catback.
My CTS turbo-back is nothing like a Honda fart can... I love mine. Yea it cost about a grand but I drive my car everyday... so why not modify it to my liking. I can try to make a video this weekend if anyone wants one. I have to put my windows down when getting on the gas to really hear the full sexiness but that's ok because I don't want to hear it all the time.

Wish list: CTS Turbo Throttle Pipe | CTS Turbo Outlet Pipe| APR DSG Stage 1 | Sow Performance Stage 2 Water/Meth | CTS Turbo Intercooler | Sprint Booster Power Converter
PNWKuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #17
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
There are so many combos of exhaust you can do for this car... it took me over six months to finally figure out what I wanted, and I LOVE IT!! I suggest it to all, but be prepared for how loud it is, because it's LOUD, doesn't drone on the highway once you get past 60 which is nice. Also burbles and pops like a mad man at low rpms, and DSG farts sound awesome.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #18
rasetsu
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI, 2014 RS 5, 2005 STi
A Magnaflow catback was one of my first mods. It was worth it to me because I drive the GTI every weekday and I don't like quiet cars. It's got a nice burble with no drone and does not sound raspy at all. I consider it to be a cosmetic mod that enhances the driving experience. I'm stage 1 as well but did that after the catback exhaust. Stage 1 alters the driving experience entirely.

I consider all the mods I've done on my car, both performance and cosmetic, to be "worth it" because it makes my car more unique and more enjoyable to me.
rasetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:01 AM   #19
Olisiwk
Autocross Newbie

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardav7767 View Post
I totally feel you. I was just looking at the CTS DP and im seriously considering it! What site did you order it from?
I ordered from moddedeuros, they always got good prices and ships quick. I went catless and got a custom tune from this shop that was totally worth it. All in all, I'm sure whatever you choose is still gonna be dope. Make sure to keep us updated with what route you went on!
Olisiwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
chardav7767
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWKuey View Post
My CTS turbo-back is nothing like a Honda fart can... I love mine. Yea it cost about a grand but I drive my car everyday... so why not modify it to my liking. I can try to make a video this weekend if anyone wants one. I have to put my windows down when getting on the gas to really hear the full sexiness but that's ok because I don't want to hear it all the time.
Hell yes a video would be appreciated!

chardav7767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
chardav7767
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olisiwk View Post
I ordered from moddedeuros, they always got good prices and ships quick. I went catless and got a custom tune from this shop that was totally worth it. All in all, I'm sure whatever you choose is still gonna be dope. Make sure to keep us updated with what route you went on!
Definitely, will be more involved on here once the moneyflow gets more consistent

Old 01-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #22
chardav7767
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olisiwk View Post
I first had the cts catback installed and was real excited. Then the guy who installed it even said its quiet lol. So I went and got a catless cts downpipe, got the car tuned, and now it sounds and feels amazing. I personally think it's perfect because it's not too loud but you can for sure hear the difference. Then again I'm not the type of person that likes to set off alarms throughout the neighborhoods.
Sounds nice! What tune did you end up going with?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Why pay $400 for a catless pipe?? Lol SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
Olisiwk
Autocross Newbie

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardav7767 View Post
Sounds nice! What tune did you end up going with?
Yeah I'm super late to this response haha by now i hope you found a set up and are enjoying it. I had mine custom tuned, I'm actually trying to find the video that my friend recorded in a quiet setting if you are still interested. Also, gas will burn a little more haha but that's the additional price you pay for something to enjoy.
Olisiwk is offline   Reply With Quote