GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #183
joebrowntech
Banned

Drives: BMW118
Such a lucid and clear explanation of issues relating the Flywheel, Pressure Plate and Disc Plate etc. And with videos embedded, it turns the text yet more interesting.

However, if you wish to get any specialized information relating the clutch system in your vehicle, you can consult the user manual of your vehicle. It contains all the information relating vehicle’s clutch controls and can help you out effectively.

And suppose if you do not contain the user manual, you can get it online easily on manuals.co.
joebrowntech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #184
snidehockey
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 12 GTI
Hey all - quick addition to the thread...

So my '12 had 80k on it. I upgraded straight from stock to Stage 2 and quickly found that the stock clutch (which wasn't previously slipping) wasn't able to hold above a hard 3k rpm after the tune, downpipe etc.

So after days of research, I had a shop drop in a South Bend Stage 3 with the stock flywheel and pressure plate...

Yeah, no.

Got it back and it slipped as bad, if not worse.

So I thought maybe the pressure plate needed to be 'reset'. Shop took it back apart and found that I had a Sachs setup...no reset needed or possible. What they did find though was that the flywheel was really warped from the stock clutch and the new disc was only contacting it on maybe the outside 30-40%

I ended up finding a used Flywheel / Pressure plate combo that had low mileage, and all is now well. Holding strong vs everything I've thrown at it.

So if you try to drop in a SBS stage 3 disc MAKE SURE the Flywheel is inspected before putting everything back together.
snidehockey is offline   Reply With Quote