GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
KillerPM
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 2.5 4dr
Rear washer jet hose leaking... Again

The dealership "fixed" my leaking rear washer jet hose twice under warranty. Out of warranty now, the problem has come back (water leaking into the rear hatch with no pressure out of the rear jet).

Has anyone replaced the hose with something that holds up a bit better? What type of hose did you replace it with?

Does anyone know what size ID the hose is?

With these salty snowy Canadian winters, it would be nice to see out the rear window.
KillerPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
What was the fix they did?
At this point will the issue returning a third time, perhaps they will good will service you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT - 2016 MK7 GTi DSG
4mm id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

I used a 4mm joiner from RS then sealed it with heat shrink when mine was leaking
Some of the wires were damaged at the same spot so I repaired those too then added spiral wrap to it all for future protection! Been fine for 18 months now, some have had to remove the C pillar trim to replace a length of pipe (silicone tube works best) but it depends where yours is broken, mine was getting water in the hatch too so your leak is probably by the hinge as well, I was able to repair it by just pulling the rubber part out of the way but it was a little tight, this is a known issue thatís why the MK7 has the rubber wire ducts in the centre instead.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hose-couplings/4197300/
I still have a few of these so If you canít get hold of these where you are I can send you a couple and some of the heatshrink as long as you pay the postage cost from the uk! (about £3.00gbp) as theyíre so small and lite!

RS Canadian site:
https://www.alliedelec.com/view/search
Put this number in the search box 4197300

Last edited by Carlosfandango; 12-29-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #6
MarioS
Ready to race!

Drives: GTI MK6 Autobahn CW | GLI MK5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerPM View Post
The dealership "fixed" my leaking rear washer jet hose twice under warranty. Out of warranty now, the problem has come back (water leaking into the rear hatch with no pressure out of the rear jet).

Has anyone replaced the hose with something that holds up a bit better? What type of hose did you replace it with?

Does anyone know what size ID the hose is?

With these salty snowy Canadian winters, it would be nice to see out the rear window.
I found it on https://parts.vw.com/

It appears to be just regular rubber tubing. Get the size there or just order it. It wasn't that expensive.

However install seems to be a pain depending on how much you want to replace. You probably want to home run it to avoid splicing, which is what the dealership fix is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
MarioS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
KillerPM
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
What was the fix they did?
At this point will the issue returning a third time, perhaps they will good will service you.

They snipped the cracked section out and put a joiner in to put it back together.

The repair was done once inside the car and once in the hatch... I might push for a goodwill repair.. I will think about it...
Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
KillerPM
Go Kart Newbie

Thanks!

I can source 4mm ID stuff locally.

I think I will replace a section of it with silicone tubing. It cant be worse then whatever they are using OEM.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #9
Totally_Stock_Except
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 Mk6 DSG CW blk roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerPM View Post
They snipped the cracked section out and put a joiner in to put it back together.

The repair was done once inside the car and once in the hatch... I might push for a goodwill repair.. I will think about it...
Mine is leaking onto the hatch, I prefer to replace the whole length and be done with it-- where is the pump located? I assume it's under the hood somewhere...thanks!

Totally_Stock_Except is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #10
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally_Stock_Except View Post
Mine is leaking onto the hatch, I prefer to replace the whole length and be done with it-- where is the pump located? I assume it's under the hood somewhere...thanks!

It uses the same pump as the front washers, (not entirely sure how it works) but the front and rear pipes both spur from the same outlet.

As mentioned before if itís leaking into the hatch it will be split near the hatch hinge, the furthest you will need to run the new pipe is as far as the C pillar above the wheel arch then join it there, finish the join with heat shrink, preferably the type with a glue in it.

I simply re-joined mine next to the hinge, itís been fine ever since, (a bit tight to work though) hence why some opt to replace a longer length, check the wires by the hinge (right hand looking from the rear) as well as they get damaged too.

Last edited by Carlosfandango; 02-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
Totally_Stock_Except
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 Mk6 DSG CW blk roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
It uses the same pump as the front washers, (not entirely sure how it works) but the front and rear pipes both spur from the same outlet.

As mentioned before if itís leaking into the hatch it will be split near the hatch hinge, the furthest you will need to run the new pipe is as far as the C pillar above the wheel arch then join it there, finish the join with heat shrink, preferably the type with a glue in it.

I simply re-joined mine next to the hinge, itís been fine ever since, (a bit tight to work though) hence why some opt to replace a longer length, check the wires by the hinge (right hand looking from the rear) as well as they get damaged too.

Thanks for the detail sir!

Totally_Stock_Except is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #12
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Angry

Fixed mine today using JB Jeld, better no leaks but I'm still not happy with the amount of fluid it that it squrts, can't remember if it was ever good for me.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote