GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #15
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I would sell my car whole, parting it out would take me a year.
I got $10k for you. What it's worth not parted out
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #16
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
If I ever sell Iíll part it out slowly if no one will buy it as is.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #17
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
If I ever sell Iíll part it out slowly if no one will buy it as is.
$10k offer applies to you too. Let me know.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #18
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I would sell my car whole, parting it out would take me a year.
Your car entered the "priceless" realm about 2 years ago when you took modding to the next level
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #19
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashley View Post
I'm pretty sure I wont be able to trade this in now since it might be of questionable street legality...I could part this thing out, but the market for mk6 parts is dwindling a bit and I'm not sure it would be worth the time and money to get these parts off. Anyone have any stories or thoughts? Anyone want to buy my car ;-) ?
I don't see anything in your mods that aren't street legal. I also wouldn't bother parting out. You can expect pricing of a similar stock car, but the mods don't lower the value. K04 is a big plus too. I bought my car similarly modded from a friend, he was going to trade it in as is, they offered him stock money for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM   #20
pashley
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG black
I know that I wont get any return on investment in the mods when selling...I'm ok with that. I see that money as money spent on fun and excitement, sort of like a vacation. By the time I sell, I will have enjoyed my k04 for 4 years and I'm ok with that experience having cost me the 2K I spent on it. But will a dealership even take my car on trade in? Would they take it and then just return it to stock themselves? Anyone with dealership experience know how this works?
APR k04 - APR full carbonio intake - CTS TBE/TOP/TBP - do88 IC - fluidampr - ST X coilovers - H&R f/r sways - SuperPro ALK/ball joints - TyrolSport deadset kit - 034 upper strut/engine/trans mounts/SS brake lines/billet dogbone - R8 coilpacks/NGK plugs - MODA MD18s - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 - various cosmetic mods
pashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #21
aj_law
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
If you've got 7K worth of mods on your ride, throw it up for sale on a site like this one for a little over book value...which is probably nowhere near what a dealer would give you. In fact, they're going to offer a decent chunk less than book value.

Selling it here you might find someone that will see some "value" in buying your ride "as is" a little over book value as they will appreciate (and understand) the modifications that you've put into it. If you go the Autotrader, Carfax or Craigslist route, you're opening it up to the general population...the majority of which DGAF that it has a bigger turbo or upgraded intake/intercooler or whatever...

This is assuming you don't want to spend the time and effort in parting it out because without a doubt, that's the way to go that will net you the biggest return. What I said above is probably the next best approach.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 135K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote