GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #757
Naffy
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Golf 2.5
Kanyechest I Have a set of used GTI suspension if wanted. Was told it has just under 20k miles on them. Got them in a deal with a GTI catback and never used myself.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #758
MLue1
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobbi View Post
Hes selling the pflow filter with the carbino intake for 250, not the pflow intake it self.
All the same I'll put it on Kajiji for that.
MLue1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #759
Dartregor
Drag Race Newbie

Drives:
So i finally got some time off work( worked the past 16 days without a day off). And decided it was time to do some maintenance.

Guess what im finally getting around to doing.

Anyways im at 112k miles (180k km) so i decided to do something simple and swap the coils and spark plugs and it was def time

And the new units im putting in. Out with the oem in with the new.

Also decided to check my map sensor and throttle body for cleaning. And yep as i knew already from the code my map was covered in oil. Cleaned it and then saw the throttle body and decided for another day.

Also what do you guys recommend for cleaning this dirty throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dartregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #760
MLue1
FIA GT Newbie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartregor View Post
So i finally got some time off work( worked the past 16 days without a day off). And decided it was time to do some maintenance.

Also what do you guys recommend for cleaning this dirty throttle body?
Use Throttle Boddy Cleaner or for stronger stuff Carb Medic.

From your pictures of the spark plugs, the plugs have a white coating on the electrodes, looks kinda suspicious, are you having to add coolant ???
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #761
Dartregor
Drag Race Newbie

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
Use Throttle Boddy Cleaner or for stronger stuff Carb Medic.

From your pictures of the spark plugs, the plugs have a white coating on the electrodes, looks kinda suspicious, are you having to add coolant ???

For the 8 or 9 months ive had the car and going from summer to winter to summer again i havent had to add any but my oil change is due here in 1k miles so ill go over everything again then. Ill probably do the pcv valve at the same time cause im sure its still the original one.

Ill pull the spark plugs again then and inspect them.
I laid out the coils and the spark plugs in order i removed them as if you were looking at the engine bay with the hood open so i can reference any additional tells from spark plugs.

My thinking is if it shows again in 1k miles on the same spark plugs the gasket may be starting to go and have to be replaced.

As for the throttle body ill have to go out and grab a can of the cleaner. All i have is a tiny bit of carb cleaner left anyways that really isnít enough for anything.

Old Today, 02:20 PM   #762
MLue1
FIA GT Newbie

I hope it isn't serious, keep us posted.

If I were you I would order up the manifold gaskets as well.

Last edited by MLue1; Today at 02:22 PM. Reason: Gaskets
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #763
KanyesChest
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 Amaryllis Red 2.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffy View Post
Kanyechest I Have a set of used GTI suspension if wanted. Was told it has just under 20k miles on them. Got them in a deal with a GTI catback and never used myself.
Just saw this, will PM you for more info
KanyesChest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #764
Rickybobbi
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartregor View Post
For the 8 or 9 months ive had the car and going from summer to winter to summer again i havent had to add any but my oil change is due here in 1k miles so ill go over everything again then. Ill probably do the pcv valve at the same time cause im sure its still the original one.

Ill pull the spark plugs again then and inspect them.
I laid out the coils and the spark plugs in order i removed them as if you were looking at the engine bay with the hood open so i can reference any additional tells from spark plugs.

My thinking is if it shows again in 1k miles on the same spark plugs the gasket may be starting to go and have to be replaced.

As for the throttle body ill have to go out and grab a can of the cleaner. All i have is a tiny bit of carb cleaner left anyways that really isnít enough for anything.

What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES // OEM GTI EXHAUST //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 PM   #765
Dartregor
Drag Race Newbie

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobbi View Post
What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.

Not entirely sure. I got this a while back when it was on sale.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...6e905115ek5cl/

Ill dig through my recycle bin and see if i cant find the boxes they came in.