GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-17-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
bmanc42
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: gti
Cts turbo catted downpipe and p2096 post cat system lean.

Hey. I recently purchased a cts turbo catted downpipe used from a member on here. Since installing it I seem to of gotten rid of p0420 with the use of 2 02 spacers. One on each of the downpipe sensors. I am still having trouble with p2096. From reading many threads it seems like this is most likely a leak problem. I don't want to tighten the clamps anymore I feel like they will break soon. I have heard of using some kind of exhaust paste. I bought permatex muffler and tailpipe sealer. Is this the correct stuff? The directions are a little unclear to me as well. Do I put this stuff on the male pipe then insert into female and tighten clamp over It? Or do I clamp it first and put the sealer around the outside of the pipe similar to like a silicone? Also can this be used to fix a leak at turbo flange? Thanks for any suggestions
bmanc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #2
bmanc42
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: gti
I can really use some help with this :/ I don't know what else to do. I used the permatex paste and put it around the male slip fits like I was assembling pvc pipes. Let it dry. I'm still getting p2096. Is it possible my 02 spacers are too far out of the stream? One on the middle and rear . Wires facing front of car. Middle one is threaded half way in last one is as far in as I can get it with the 02 wire still facing front. Using smallest Jet size on last spacer and middle spacer doesn't have jets so it's just open. Been doing a lot of reading the past few days and I've completely removed and reinstalled entire exhaust multiple times looking for leaks. Used a brand new gasket... I'm out of ideas
bmanc42 is offline   Reply With Quote