GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
euro89
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW MK6 GTI, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
I never take mine off 100oct.

Why pay for it and have it if you ain't gonna use it?
100oct is to hard to find around where i live! only at the race track which is 40 min away
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #44
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
Ryan ur a pussy that drives around Miami on Friday nights alone cuz u can't get pussy. Meet me anywheree anytime bitch
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #45
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Send a message via AIM to BigRobSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro89 View Post
100oct is to hard to find around where i live! only at the race track which is 40 min away
Water/Meth, good sir.
2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
BigRobSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #46
euro89
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW MK6 GTI, Manual
Quote:
Water/Meth, good sir.
I've been trying to look into that but few friends (mkv) said its bad for the car somehow but the search is still on!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #47
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Wait, wait... let me understand... you guys bought GTIs and pump'em up to...drag race?!? hum... interesting.
When I was in my early 20's (25 years ago...) living in southern France, my buddies and I would drive to the hills, close a side road for a few hours(we had a construction sign and cones with us) and rally race each other until we ran out of gas (or ditched a car...). I thought that's why peeps buy small racers for! (back then I had an Autobianchi Abarth... anyone been two wheelin' lately? lol).
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #48
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro89 View Post
I've been trying to look into that but few friends (mkv) said its bad for the car somehow but the search is still on!
It's not bad for the car. Get some!
2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
CodeB4U
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Chevy SS, MK6 GTI,240 SX, NBS Tahoe
Some dyno numbers of two cars on the same day on same dyno. Uni stage 2 vs APR stage 2. Seems to me that uni might be better if APR was on 93 file.

http://europeanag.com/forum/index.php?topic=26851.0
CodeB4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #50
gkallis
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Candy White
explain the whole water/meth thing to me and how much does it cost and how much power gain.
Candy White, 6 speed, Sunroof, Monster Mats, 18" Detroit's, Bi-Xenons Headlights, Dyno Audio, VAG custom, APR Stage 2, Forge DV spacer, Billy Boat 3 Inch Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Induktion Motorsports I-Flow Intake, Autotech Lower Engine Mount Insert, Red LED Footwell , Super Bright white LED Interior Lights, Yellow Fog Lights, Osir Shifter Knob and boot (Red)
gkallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #51
PENROSE
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI Carbon 4dr DSG Autobahn
I raced an MK5 who had APR Stg 2 with an intake and full APR 3" downpipe and catback and we were dead even. He wasn't pulling on me and I wasn't pulling on him. He was manual and I am CSG with APR Stg 1 with intake only.

I've spent months trying to decide which downpipe to go with so I can go to Stg 2 tune. But after this episode....plus reading how some people "complain" how their car "feels slower" after going to Stg 2...and how they feel that their car has lost low end power........

I'm sure that Stg 2 is faster, but....I dunno. I like the "kick in the pants" low end burst from the Stg 1. And from what I've heard from more than a few people....you lose that "feel" when you go to Stg 2.

I've even read where people switched back (or wanted to switch back) to Stg 1 after going to Stg 2.

Not to mention that I have yet to hear a downpipe that doesn't make the GTI sound like a fukn tractor.

For now, I think I will stick with Stg 1. If I decide to go to the next level, it would probably be straight to a KO4 and just bypass Stg 2.

Not knocking you Stg 2 guys...I know your shit is fast(er).......just my opinion at this point in time. A few months from now I just might be at Stg 2, haha.
PENROSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #52
heartcoke
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White DSG GTI
What meet do you Miami guys go to?
2010 VW DSG 2 Door Candy White GTi // APR Stage II 1.2 Flash // APR Stage I Intake // USP Non-Catted Downpipe // 17" Denvers // Cloth Interior // Premium Dynaudio // Bi-Xenon Headlights // Tints: 5% Front, 15% Rear, 20% Strip on Front Window//
Bianca Build Thread (Other Mods Listed Here)
heartcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #53
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkallis View Post
explain the whole water/meth thing to me and how much does it cost and how much power gain.
There's little to no gain JUST from W/M, but it allows for more aggressive tuning (being able to go from a 93 tune to a 100 tune) due to an increase in octane and cooler temps on the intake air.

It also helps to keep your internals clean, that's the meth.

I have the Devil's Own kit, it was $350. Easy install, and it comes with a controller to decide when you want it to come in for the 1/4 shot, and full shot. Runs off a boost tap, like a gauge.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #54
gkallis
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Candy White
Quote:
There's little to no gain JUST from W/M, but it allows for more aggressive tuning (being able to go from a 93 tune to a 100 tune) due to an increase in octane and cooler temps on the intake air.

It also helps to keep your internals clean, that's the meth.

I have the Devil's Own kit, it was $350. Easy install, and it comes with a controller to decide when you want it to come in for the 1/4 shot, and full shot. Runs off a boost tap, like a gauge.
thanks for clarification but now i know i dont want it haha.
Candy White, 6 speed, Sunroof, Monster Mats, 18" Detroit's, Bi-Xenons Headlights, Dyno Audio, VAG custom, APR Stage 2, Forge DV spacer, Billy Boat 3 Inch Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Induktion Motorsports I-Flow Intake, Autotech Lower Engine Mount Insert, Red LED Footwell , Super Bright white LED Interior Lights, Yellow Fog Lights, Osir Shifter Knob and boot (Red)
gkallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #55
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Well, with it, you'd be over stage 2 93oct power on a 100 tune from stage1.

Stage 2-93: 276/314.

Stage1-100: 273/337.

Last edited by BigRobSA; 11-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #56
uggti12

Drives: MKV GTI TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENROSE View Post
I raced an MK5 who had APR Stg 2 with an intake and full APR 3" downpipe and catback and we were dead even. He wasn't pulling on me and I wasn't pulling on him. He was manual and I am CSG with APR Stg 1 with intake only.

I've spent months trying to decide which downpipe to go with so I can go to Stg 2 tune. But after this episode....plus reading how some people "complain" how their car "feels slower" after going to Stg 2...and how they feel that their car has lost low end power........

I'm sure that Stg 2 is faster, but....I dunno. I like the "kick in the pants" low end burst from the Stg 1. And from what I've heard from more than a few people....you lose that "feel" when you go to Stg 2.

I've even read where people switched back (or wanted to switch back) to Stg 1 after going to Stg 2.

Not to mention that I have yet to hear a downpipe that doesn't make the GTI sound like a fukn tractor.

For now, I think I will stick with Stg 1. If I decide to go to the next level, it would probably be straight to a KO4 and just bypass Stg 2.

Not knocking you Stg 2 guys...I know your shit is fast(er).......just my opinion at this point in time. A few months from now I just might be at Stg 2, haha.
Before I say anything let me just say I have a MKV GTI TSI. So I have the same engine and everything as you guys...

You do NOT lose power OR torque going stage 2. There is a definite gain in both. That surge of low end power does not go away, it gets greater. When I was stage 1, I was worried about the same thing. I've been in the MKV community for quite some time, and I know the effect various mods will have on our cars.

My car is a stage 2 Revo TSI, and I recently dyno'd 260whp and 338lb/ft spiking to 26psi on the dyno. You decide if you think torque loss is an issue after going stage 1 to stage 2.

And for all the guys on their high horse about APR software- don't be. APR has very good, smooth, and safe software. But as far as tuning goes for the 2.0t, I have found they consistently dyno lower and don't pull as hard as some other tuning companies' software, 100 oct. file or not.
uggti12 is offline   Reply With Quote