GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
Tempest99
Ready to race!

Drives: 2014 GTI
water pump

So, it looks like my dealer thinks I need a new water pump. This would be my second, at 93,000 miles, with the first being covered by warranty.

I don't have any leaks but the car is overheating lately. Technician was able to reproduce the overheating and found the hose temps were different, which indicated a lack of flow.

What has everyone seen in terms of pricing for this repair?

As a followup, with this new pump supposedly improved over the original (I have a 2014 CCTA TSI motor), is anyone else having crap luck with this "improved" pump?
Tempest99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Slowgti08
Oval Champion

Drives: 2008 VW GTI Uni K04
Cant give you an answer on the price, however definitely shop around. Don't cheap out on it either, as from what i read the water pumps tend to leak once again due to install error.
Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
stradovinski
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 4dr DSG
Had this happen to me. Mine was about $1100. I couldn't afford to shop around because i need my car for work. Got an oil leak fixed at the same time but I believe that amount of the bill was for the water pump.

Still pissed about it because I already had one fail before that as well.
stradovinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
aj_law
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
$650~ish to replace my last one.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 135K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote