GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
I'm around the Metro-Detroit area myself. I know a couple of guys here (Hi MrTopher2 and DimaGT). Sorry I'm late, but I'm not exactly an owner, but can certainly answer questions on car care and such (the reason I signed up).

Hope to see some of you around!
__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #16
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,916
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
I'm around the Metro-Detroit area myself. I know a couple of guys here (Hi MrTopher2 and DimaGT). Sorry I'm late, but I'm not exactly an owner, but can certainly answer questions on car care and such (the reason I signed up).

Hope to see some of you around!
Do you own a shop or something?
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #17
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Do you own a shop or something?
We don't have a building yet, but we do mobile detailing work and (especially in this weather) people come to our place as the garage is climate controlled with an inside water hook-up.
I look forward to meeting with some of you guys, especially when it starts getting warmer and events like Cars & Coffee start kicking up again.
__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #18
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,916
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
We don't have a building yet, but we do mobile detailing work and (especially in this weather) people come to our place as the garage is climate controlled with an inside water hook-up.
I look forward to meeting with some of you guys, especially when it starts getting warmer and events like Cars & Coffee start kicking up again.
Where are you located at?

So you sort of rent out your garage then?
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Where are you located at?

So you sort of rent out your garage then?
We're based out of Rochester, but service as far as clients need. Also, allow me to clarify; in these cold months, clients bring us their cars more often than not for us to work on them in Rochester. You can look us up online by googling our name "AutoLavish" if you'd like more information.

Hope everyone is getting through this cold weather. I look forward to temps getting around or just above freezing so I can make a "how to" video on winter washing.
__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #20
Spin Cykle
Autocross Champion
 
Spin Cykle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DTW
Posts: 97
Marc! Good to see you around here. Didn't think you had any interest in mk6's. I practically read all the autolavish threads on other detailing sites and I must say you guys do some excellent work. I believe there was a forum member here who brought his black gti w/ clear bra into have some winter prep done to it. Over the past year I have been bit by the detailing bug, pretty much an addiction now. My laundry room shelves have been turned into a "stock shelf" from a warehouse. Anyway, good to see you hanging around here..... FYI I'd die to have a indoor climate controlled garage with water. Extremely jealous, I would actually drive my gti in the winter if hat was the case.
Spin Cykle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin Cykle View Post
Marc! Good to see you around here. Didn't think you had any interest in mk6's. I practically read all the autolavish threads on other detailing sites and I must say you guys do some excellent work. I believe there was a forum member here who brought his black gti w/ clear bra into have some winter prep done to it. Over the past year I have been bit by the detailing bug, pretty much an addiction now. My laundry room shelves have been turned into a "stock shelf" from a warehouse. Anyway, good to see you hanging around here..... FYI I'd die to have a indoor climate controlled garage with water. Extremely jealous, I would actually drive my gti in the winter if hat was the case.

Garage temp is only in the 50's or so when we're working, but that's good enough to get consistent results.
Thanks for the kind words on our work; we work hard. Its not worth paying us to do a job you could have done better in our own opinion, so it's important for everyone to get the highest service possible.
The forum member you speak of is the one that told me about this site, so I figured I'd come over and say hi and lend any advice I could to fellow enthusiasts. Congrat's on catching the bug - it's a good one to have, especially when years down the road your car still looks better than anything on a show room floor!

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. And don't forget; it's never too cold to detail





__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
mk6_gti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: I get around.
Posts: 482
Autolavish guys. You guys detailed my friends F430 Scuderia, Z06 and I think another of their cars.. You guys did a great job!
mk6_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #23
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6_gti View Post
Autolavish guys. You guys detailed my friends F430 Scuderia, Z06 and I think another of their cars.. You guys did a great job!
Aaahh, you a friend of C.V.?





__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:36 AM   #24
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,916
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. And don't forget; it's never too cold to detail
How much would a detail run on a 4 door GTI?

Do you guys polish the cars? Wax them?

I guess I should be asking what's included, and if there are "ala carte" items & what not?

I keep my car clean anyways, so it's not dirty at all...just thinking ahead towards spring though (the exterior) and if I'm not motivated to do it myself, lol

(I've NEVER paid anyone else to do it, is why I don't know either)
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #25
mk6_gti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: I get around.
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Aaahh, you a friend of C.V.?

Yup. Just ask him about Patrick with the GTI. lol. Next week we're gonna try out his GoPro camera and shoot some exhaust vids of the GTI.

BTW their garage is insane.. everytime I walk in I'm always like
mk6_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #26
MuttGrunt
Rally Car Champion
 
MuttGrunt's Avatar
 
Drives: Not often enough!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
How much would a detail run on a 4 door GTI?
Do you guys polish the cars? Wax them?
I guess I should be asking what's included, and if there are "ala carte" items & what not?
I keep my car clean anyways, so it's not dirty at all...just thinking ahead towards spring though (the exterior) and if I'm not motivated to do it myself, lol
(I've NEVER paid anyone else to do it, is why I don't know either)

Whoa there, I'll answer detailing questions, but not questions on pricing of our work and such. I'm not a sponsor here and don't want to step on toes or do things the wrong way. I'll PM you information on our company.

Doing things yourself is very rewarding, but when people come to us it's usually because they want a level of service they can't provide on their own. Its like taking some cool pics of your car versus hiring a professional photographer; you're results might be nice, but they can't match what the right pro can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6_gti View Post
Yup. Just ask him about Patrick with the GTI. lol. Next week we're gonna try out his GoPro camera and shoot some exhaust vids of the GTI.
BTW their garage is insane.. everytime I walk in I'm always like
Right on Patrick. I look forward to seeing how the video comes out. Next time you see him let him know Marc from AutoLavish said hi.

And yes... that garage is insane.
__________________
Marc Harris of AutoLavish
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #27
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,916
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Whoa there, I'll answer detailing questions, but not questions on pricing of our work and such. I'm not a sponsor here and don't want to step on toes or do things the wrong way. I'll PM you information on our company.

Doing things yourself is very rewarding, but when people come to us it's usually because they want a level of service they can't provide on their own. Its like taking some cool pics of your car versus hiring a professional photographer; you're results might be nice, but they can't match what the right pro can do.
Totally understandable

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions btw!
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #28
RacingManiac
Formula 3000 Champion
 
RacingManiac's Avatar
 
Drives: Bye MK6, Hello MK7 PP GTI
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,427
Just got mine 2011 last week. Hopefully maybe will meet some of you in person in the future...

Apartment living sucks, mine doesn't even allow self-washing in the lot....Anyone knows of any touchless wash in the Troy/Rochester area?
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.