GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #85
Intenz888
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6 CSG 2 Dr
Soooo True..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdibart View Post
Look at all the issues the 2010 GTIs have compared to the 2013s…. I would never get the first gen of a new car. Too many issues that may come up that will eventually get fixed a couple years later. Plus at that point there should be a lot more modding options.
I had Diverter Valve replaced, Intake Manifold, Mechatronics, Gearbox, and other little refinements. If I didn't have my powertrain warranty I would have been assed out. I'm not sure if buying or having it made German makes any difference, my car is a pure example of not to buy in the first year. I also had a 2012 lease prior and that car drove so much better than this one that I purchased. I just don't know if I can wait one or two years after 2015!!
Intenz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #86
TitanFlyer
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Edition Stage 1
I totally agree.. I have bought two "first year" vehicles in my life, and both were riddled with problems.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #87
pizzakid13
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
never knew that about the '10s. i've had mine for over 3 years and its been fine. got lucky i guess.

im looking at current inventory around my way and not seeing any 4 door convenience pkg. all i see are the wolfsburg and drivers edition. how the hell did the wolfsburg get up to 30k? thats the entry level model correct? i paid less than 25k for my 4 door convenience.
pizzakid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #88
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CW '10 GTI, 6MT
Mine hasn't had any issues. Even the intake manifold is still original.
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #89
BeinLOUD
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn Edition
I went to the dealership originally thinking the mk7 would be out late 2013 like most of the cars then the dealer shutting me down saying they are moving them to be built in mexico instead of Wolfsburg Germany and will not be in America until 2015. Total buzzkill. But hey who would want the differential or the extra horsepower. or the nice panoramic roof for the summers. but the mk6 has some nice thing I like better too. My autobahn headlight with the drl look more aggressive I think the the mk7s. plus my car has the serron wheels which I like a lot more the the stock mk7. and im not to keen on the red stripe running through the headlights. It really come down to peoples preference. To each is own
Old 11-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #90
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Do we know for a fact that we won't get a model with the extra performance? Just because it's being produced in a different factory doesn't mean that parts can't be added to it.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #91
SK VeeDubR
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakid13 View Post
never knew that about the '10s. i've had mine for over 3 years and its been fine. got lucky i guess.

im looking at current inventory around my way and not seeing any 4 door convenience pkg. all i see are the wolfsburg and drivers edition. how the hell did the wolfsburg get up to 30k? thats the entry level model correct? i paid less than 25k for my 4 door convenience.
Not sure about US spec, but in Canada the Wolfsburg is fully optioned with the exception of leather.. Only way to get ALL the goodies AND the tartan cloth - it was by far the best value for the money by several thousand.
SK VeeDubR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #92
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK VeeDubR View Post
Not sure about US spec, but in Canada the Wolfsburg is fully optioned with the exception of leather.. Only way to get ALL the goodies AND the tartan cloth - it was by far the best value for the money by several thousand.
In the US for 2010 you could get individual options. So it was possible to get one with everything minus leather. I wanted a car with everything but leather and nav, and thankfully that's what I found. So I may have something of a unicorn with a GTI that's optioned with Dynaudio, moonroof, HIDs, etc with no nav and the cloth tartan seats.

My thing was I wanted all those options, but part of the charm of the car for me was the tartan.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #93
green hell
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 gti
i could have waited and bought an mkvii, but i'm not a fan of first year models, regardless of point of manufacture.

the mkvii certainly has some desirable new features, but nothing that's an absolute must-have for me. my '13 has everything i need, is fun to drive and was priced very reasonably.

seeing as how this is my first vw (my wife's on her second, no major issues), i'm gonna burn the fur off this one and if all goes well i'll certainly consider a future version of this model.
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #94
rs999
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
That electric parking brake in the MK7 weirds me out.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #95
doublevanosrc
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2013 DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrad4d View Post
Very true.

But hold up, $5500 off new driver's edition? I was only able to finagle about $2.5k off MSRP...
Shoot me too, then again I got mine back in September. Still no regrets.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #96
DaveSTR
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2015 STi / 2014 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
That electric parking brake in the MK7 weirds me out.
Do powerlocks make you nervous too? Power windows?? Its a simple electronic activation like all others.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
rs999
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTR View Post
Do powerlocks make you nervous too? Power windows?? Its a simple electronic activation like all others.
It's like manual transmissions for me, ever since I've been driving I've always engaged the parking brake handle when I park. I like the re-assuring clicking sound of the brake engaging.

This is similar to the BMWs, pull the button, and its engaged.

Then jump in your car and drive off, without having to undo the parking brake because it's automagic.

I'll probably pick up a 3rd year release of the MK7 after all the US drivers have worked out all the bugs for me. That buying strategy worked out fine for my MK6.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #98
ElectricEye
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '15 MK7 GTI Reflex Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by green hell View Post
i could have waited and bought an mkvii, but i'm not a fan of first year models, regardless of point of manufacture.

the mkvii certainly has some desirable new features, but nothing that's an absolute must-have for me. my '13 has everything i need, is fun to drive and was priced very reasonably.

seeing as how this is my first vw (my wife's on her second, no major issues), i'm gonna burn the fur off this one and if all goes well i'll certainly consider a future version of this model.

The MK7 won't be in it's first model year when we get it.

It'll be in it's first production run off of the Puebla plant, and that gives me concerns.