GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #15
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philimon View Post
Haters gonna hate.
children gonna learn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #16
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you'll probably want to get a Camry.. and stop speeding.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #17
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion
 
Blakcard's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ouch....bad news for you if you don't get it resolved. Good news for Uber drivers....i guess? Can you get the Uber driver to drive only your car? That....would be a win.
__________________
by the time you've read this, I'd have already done.....this > Mostly stock, APR stage 1 2.4 file, Stoptech rotors, GTS G707 rims, GFB DV
Blakcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #18
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver
 
VR6Growl's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Swan Point MD
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.
It's only ridiculous until you consider why they have that policy in place...

Slow down, be safe, and good luck with your ticket.





https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...factsheet.html
__________________
-Jason G. --
2012 Jetta 2.5 SEL
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #19
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
1ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philimon View Post
Haters gonna hate.
No hate from me, is this hate from you?
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
No hate from me, is this hate from you?
I dunno i dont feel bad for this kid.

Its his second offense and he is only 17.

So if that makes me a hater oh well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #21
nickmk6r
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 35
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickmk6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #22
ahard48
Rally Car Champion
 
ahard48's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GTI Wolfsburg Powered By Paypal
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't mean your exempt from the rules. It may seem ridiculous but in the first two years you haven't proven to abide by the traffic laws of your state. People who haven't received violations in their first two years may have a little more leeway ya know....

Just go in thinking the worst and if its anything but, then its a win!
__________________
2014 GTI Wolfsburg:
APR Stage 1 l APR Carbonio Intake 1+ 2 l OEM Roof Rack l DeAutoKey l Nokya 2500k Fogs l 35% Tint l CW Rear Inlay l HPA shifter/42dd bushings l P3 Vent Gauge l ST Coilovers l Eurojet DP l Beluga Exhaust
ahard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #23
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,087
Im not saying im perfect. i got a ticket when i was 16. My next ticket was when i was ~20? And havent had one since.. You will learn its all life experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #24
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Iowa, IL
Posts: 20,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's public transportation and your two legs to either walk or bike. Do the crime, do the time (or pay the fine).

There's a time and place for everything, sometimes getting a ticket reminds us of that.
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #25
aj_law
Formula 5000 Driver
 
aj_law's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in your corner up until this point.

Where should the state draw the line then if 2 tickets in the first two years is excessive? 3? 4? 10? Plus, if you're only 17, you got your second ticket within a much narrower window than 2 years. Year, year and change?

Your first ticket should've been the wake up call. Knowing the consequences of getting a second would've had me driving like a choir boy for the next year at least.

And, all this is coming from a guy that had a slightly used 5.0 (that I paid for in full by working) at the age of 18 so I'm well aware of the temptations involved with driving fast. I know because I did it...many times (and kinda still do to this day).

Bottom line, if you wanna play, you gotta [be ready] to pay.

**Disclaimer: This is not considered legal advice. It's just an opinion from some fuckin' guy on a message board.**
For the ticket, how do you know he hit you with radar? Did the officer tell you that or did your detector go off? I'd plead not guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. Show up to traffic court dressed well; kiss the prosecutor and judge's asses (i.e. "yes sir." "no sir."); you were just moving along with the flow of traffic, etc., etc. Hopefully, you weren't mouthy with the officer. If you're really lucky, they make you cop to a lesser like a non-moving violation. You'll probably have to pay through the nose for it though. Depending on how bad your first offense was, the court might let you off with an expensive slap on the wrist.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that on your own, hire an attorney with a rep for getting that kind of a result. Again, it's probably gonna cost ya, but it beats the alternative.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.
__________________
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 130K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #26
nickmk6r
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_law View Post
I was in your corner up until this point.



Where should the state draw the line then if 2 tickets in the first two years is excessive? 3? 4? 10? Plus, if you're only 17, you got your second ticket within a much narrower window than 2 years. Year, year and change?



Your first ticket should've been the wake up call. Knowing the consequences of getting a second would've had me driving like a choir boy for the next year at least.



And, all this is coming from a guy that had a slightly used 5.0 (that I paid for in full by working) at the age of 18 so I'm well aware of the temptations involved with driving fast. I know because I did it...many times (and kinda still do to this day).



Bottom line, if you wanna play, you gotta [be ready] to pay.



**Disclaimer: This is not considered legal advice. It's just an opinion from some fuckin' guy on a message board.**

For the ticket, how do you know he hit you with radar? Did the officer tell you that or did your detector go off? I'd plead not guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. Show up to traffic court dressed well; kiss the prosecutor and judge's asses (i.e. "yes sir." "no sir."); you were just moving along with the flow of traffic, etc., etc. Hopefully, you weren't mouthy with the officer. If you're really lucky, they make you cop to a lesser like a non-moving violation. You'll probably have to pay through the nose for it though. Depending on how bad your first offense was, the court might let you off with an expensive slap on the wrist.



If you don't feel comfortable doing that on your own, hire an attorney with a rep for getting that kind of a result. Again, it's probably gonna cost ya, but it beats the alternative.



Good luck. You're gonna need it.


My radar went off aswell as my friends, and he was passing me although the officer said he clocked me at 71 and my friend 70. My first ticket was 83 in a 70 and i just paid it and lost my license. I feel I was nice to the officer, and don't usually speed, just a stupid mistake at night. Hopefully I can figure it out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickmk6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #27
nickmk6r
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
There's public transportation and your two legs to either walk or bike. Do the crime, do the time (or pay the fine).



There's a time and place for everything, sometimes getting a ticket reminds us of that.


Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickmk6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #28
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Iowa, IL
Posts: 20,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get a good lawyer. Otherwise plan for the worst, hope for the best.
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.