GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #43
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Steel Grey Golf .:R DSG
Recent dyno run on pump gas plus WMI.

My result below.

Over 350bhp by 4800rpm and flat lines over 390bhp between 6000-7000rpm

Also over 300lbft of torque available from 3200-6600rpm, with over 350lbft from 3500-5500rpm.

The most noticeable thing is absolutely no dips in power delivery, just one big surge of power to 7000rpm.

The bhp was measured from the rundown drive losses in fwd mode.

Direct measure peak was 346whp.

Last edited by Hurdy; 09-30-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Hurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #44
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Well, soon got a little bored of the L0400 and so I am upgrading to an L04XX. Big step as it gives 100+ bhp over my current set-up!

Also took the car out for some snaps as it has just had its winter wax protection done.

Last three are my favourites.

Particularly the last one. arty B&W.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #45
fast2ghl
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI MK6 3-Door DSG FBO k04-64
wow impressive numbers man awesome!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #46
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Update........

So with a little more tweakage, setting and playing with the boost controller I decided to have a dyno run on a hub dyno to get some accurate hub/wheel HP. The dyno was a Dynapack, which is the same make/model that APR use to run their Golf R's on in the USA. The figures are at the hub, so basically whp!!!

Even a minimum 10% addition to these figures for drivetrain losses works out at 408+bhp, more realistically would be around 12-15% losses. The run was only done with 99ron and 50/50 water, methanol. The run also only went to 6200rpms and was still gaining power. When Rick tried to alter the dyno to use more rpm's the dyno didn't want to know, so there are a few more whp in the bag yet. For comparison APR stage 3 figures are shown under my graph and are 371whp and 394wlbft compared to my 371whp and 388wlbft.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #47
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTX2867 GTi Autobahn 6mt
just to be clear you are running the LO400 which used to be the LO380 not the bigger LO4xx right?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #48
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
just to be clear you are running the LO400 which used to be the LO380 not the bigger LO4xx right?
Correct. Plus WMI and on an electronic boost controller running 2 bar boost.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Quote:
what turbo is this??
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #50
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

It is the L0400.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #51
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdy View Post
It is the L0400.
oh ok, im not familiar with big turbos. good luck man.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #52
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

The sales pitch off Loba's website.

We are proud to present the ultimate and the original OEM+ Sport Turbocharger Upgrade for 2.0 TFSI engines. The LO400 turbocharger is the result of many years of development and evolution on the 2.0 TFSI platform. Evolved from the respected LO380 Turbocharger.

In order to produce a LO400 we utilize a brand new factory BorgWarner KO4 turbocharger and optimize with 5-Axis CNC machine, modifying the compressor housing and inner surface for optimum flow, then 5-axis CNC modify the turbine housing to reduce exhaust gas back pressure and maximize throughput to increase output.

At the heart of our LO400 is the latest state of the art, bigger more efficient V3 LOBA Motorsport LO-2580 forged billet compressor, that is unique in design, geometry and size, but is extremely light in weight at only 39.8 Gram, yet still very strong. LOBA Motorsport forged billet compressor wheels are 25% lighter than some original used cast items and lighter than standard billet types, but still has greater strength and durability over a cast compressor or standard billet types. Being a forged billet the nose and stem of the compressor wheel can be CNC machined significantly smaller to allow for a greater blade area and diameter for inducer size, blades can also be made thinner, so more efficient and flowing more air then say same size billet compressor wheel. The end result is a compressor of extreme lightness, fast unmatched response and superior efficiency.

We also lighten and clip the BorgWarner turbine for increased flow and CNC machine the exhaust turbine housing to reduce exhaust backpressure and increase output.

We precision balance the turbine wheel/shaft and compressor wheel to far beyond oem tolerance as single parts, first to less than 0,05gmm then together. Last but not least is we modify the actuator and use a reinforced LOBA bearing for durability.

The end result can be less lag and better response than even a stock KO4, yet still flowing much more air mass so making and holding more power to the redline. The LO400 turbocharger is a great compromise between power output, turbo response and longevity. A OEM+ turbocharger upgrade well suited for motorsport use or street.

The following LOBA specific optimizations were applied

NEW V3 LOBA LO-2580 “Extended Tip” state-of-the-art forged billet compressor wheel
LOBA 5-axis CNC machined re-profiled compressor housing and backplate
LOBA clipped turbine wheel
LOBA Optimized clearances
LOBA Modified actuator
LOBA Uprated bearing
LOBA Superior Balancing
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #53
Bozz
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 R, 94 Explorer, 80 Corvette
Interesting how your torque figures peak sooner...i.e. 3500-3600 rpm vs. 3900 rpm

They are using a Garrett GTX28?? turbo, whereas your is the Loba 400...interesting stuff.

Also, and totally off-topic, but what is your front fender-to-ground on your car, if you know it offhand?
Bozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #54
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

I'll get the fender measurement for you later today.

Yes the Loba does spool quicker. Below is an overlay graph of APR stage 3 on 93 octane V Loba on 93 octane +WMI. Both are WHP and both done on a Dynapack hub dyno. As you can see, lower down the rev range I have as much as 20+whp and 50+wlbft more than the APR R.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #55
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Fender to floor is 11cm
Old 12-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #56
Bozz
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 R, 94 Explorer, 80 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdy View Post
Fender to floor is 11cm
Thank you for measuring. Alas, there is no way I could run 11 cm (4.3 inches)...I'd scuff on my driveway. Great look though. And great pics of your car in the countryside.
Bozz is offline   Reply With Quote