GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #2899
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlove8128 View Post
Was headed home last night when a RSX pulled up next to me. Sounded good, maybe some engine work, definitely fully bolted. Tried to get me to go, so finally I gave in. Honked off at 40 and it was laughable. 40 to 110 and I had 15-20 car lengths on him. He wasn't satisfied with that, so we went a second time. I let of at 80 because I was embarrassed for him.

2 weeks ago walked a new CTS V, expected more of a challenge from it. A good power to weight ratio goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might not have been a new cts v. The new V's are V8 supercharged and run high to mid 11's stock I'm pretty sure.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #2900
Jlove8128
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: UG 4 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
That might not have been a new cts v. The new V's are V8 supercharged and run high to mid 11's stock I'm pretty sure.

You are correct definitely a 2015. I haven't seen a new one on the road yet, and damn that's some insane power.

APR KO4 v3.1/APR Mobile//APR Carbonio//Eurojet TBE// Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch//Koni Coils//VMR V810 Gunmetal//Audi Flat Fives//OEM Front Lip//OEM Euro R Tails//OEM GTD Grille//S3 Short Shifter//BFI Shit Knob//P3 Analog Boost Guage//LED Footwells/Interior/Plate Lights//Color Matched Side Markers//Hatch Pop Kit//R8 Coil Packs//Vag-Com Tweeked//Soundaktor Delete
Jlove8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #2901
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: C5 Z06
Quote:
Yup, there's no way he beat a newer CTS-V.

The 2015 model cranks out 556hp/4,200lbs

The 2016 model is 640hp/4,100lbs

It ain't happening with a K04.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
Personally, I love any meat in tube form.
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
It's not gay if it's a three-way
TSI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #2902
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Guy View Post
Yup, there's no way he beat a newer CTS-V.

The 2015 model cranks out 556hp/4,200lbs

The 2016 model is 640hp/4,100lbs

It ain't happening with a K04.

I could possibly see him maybeeee pulling on the 15 from a roll though. 330whp at around 3k lbs vs 500whp (ish) at 4,1000 lbs. that drag would probably be different though cause of our nice fwd 60 foots
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #2903
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
I could possibly see him maybeeee pulling on the 15 from a roll though. 330whp at around 3k lbs vs 500whp (ish) at 4,1000 lbs. that drag would probably be different though cause of our nice fwd 60 foots
Nah man, no chance. A K04 car on 93 and full weight traps around 112mph, a CTS-V traps around 115mph.

There's no way that the weight difference is making up for ~160whp. Unless the K04 car in question has a good amount of weight reduction and race gas, it ain't got nothing for a CTS-V.

Quote:
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Old 01-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #2904
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

From a roll, it's a drivers race I'd say. I just saw on one of their forums that a guy ran a 12.14 at 113mph with a 1.776 60 foot. That 60 foot makes all the difference but on a roll... I'd say drivers race. Maybe this particular V was a crap driver on top of it.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #2905
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
From a roll, it's a drivers race I'd say. I just saw on one of their forums that a guy ran a 12.14 at 113mph with a 1.776 60 foot. That 60 foot makes all the difference but on a roll... I'd say drivers race. Maybe this particular V was a crap driver on top of it.
Here's a bone stock V vs a K04 GTI

Skip to 1:13 for the CTS-V race. CTS in far left lane and GTI in far right, GTO in the middle.

Quote:
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Old 01-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #2906
Jlove8128
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: UG 4 door
The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Guy View Post
Here's a bone stock V vs a K04 GTI

Skip to 1:13 for the CTS-V race. CTS in far left lane and GTI in far right, GTO in the middle.

He was definitely running it hard as I slowly walked away. You sure that's a stock V? Either way you can quote 1/4 mile times all day, they should trap 3 mph faster. But from a roll it's another story. I like to think I can drive my car well, maybe he was a shit driver and I got lucky.

APR KO4 v3.1/APR Mobile//APR Carbonio//Eurojet TBE// Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch//Koni Coils//VMR V810 Gunmetal//Audi Flat Fives//OEM Front Lip//OEM Euro R Tails//OEM GTD Grille//S3 Short Shifter//BFI Shit Knob//P3 Analog Boost Guage//LED Footwells/Interior/Plate Lights//Color Matched Side Markers//Hatch Pop Kit//R8 Coil Packs//Vag-Com Tweeked//Soundaktor Delete
Jlove8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #2907
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlove8128 View Post
He was definitely running it hard as I slowly walked away. You sure that's a stock V? Either way you can quote 1/4 mile times all day, they should trap 3 mph faster. But from a roll it's another story. I like to think I can drive my car well, maybe he was a shit driver and I got lucky.

Yeah the uploader of the video states that it is a stock CTS-V and a K04 GTI in the comments.

You're right, the guy that you raced probably started in a higher gear. Anything can happen on the street!

EDIT: FWIW that 112mph trap I quoted for the K04 was pretty generous. Most of the K04 cars on the 1/4 list (on this site) are trapping closer to 110mph.

Quote:
Quote:
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Old 01-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #2908
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Finally got a decent matchup since I've gone K04, and I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how well I did. Roll race starting about 70 in 4th, low output file and I had one passenger, against a new Audi S4 (still had dealer plates). He gave me the hit, he obviously didn't know what I was running, and as soon as I hit about 110 I shut it down, having put at least a bus on him and still pulling. He came up next to me and had a wow look on his face and gave me the hang loose sign with his hand. I waved back and definitely feel quite happy with how my car performed given that I'm still on low output
I can't get anyone else notable to play (though I never initiate, I just respond to other people's "inquiries")...just a tuned and bolt on FRS who I talked to after and said he was putting down 196whp...but that wasn't a race, that just made me feel bad for him since he didn't know beforehand what I had...
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #2909
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
IDK of this qualifies as a CSB but while driving home in my GTI yesterday, I spotted a regular tow truck towing a Lancer EVO, with the rear wheels on the ground.

Isn't that a no-no for those types of cars? I know my 2012 WRX would have been flat bed only, and figured the same for the EVO or any other haldex style AWD setup.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #2910
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion

Drives: BMW Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
IDK of this qualifies as a CSB but while driving home in my GTI yesterday, I spotted a regular tow truck towing a Lancer EVO, with the rear wheels on the ground.

Isn't that a no-no for those types of cars? I know my 2012 WRX would have been flat bed only, and figured the same for the EVO or any other haldex style AWD setup.
I go to the auction lot with my dad sometimes and I see STI's, evo's, and AWD suv's getting towed like that daily... they don't give a shit it's not their car

-2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster 6MT |FBO+E85| BBS RS-GT | VF-engineering |
-2011 BMW 335i X-Drive |FBO+E85| MHD Stage 2+ E30|
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #2911
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Had a guy in an Allied Burton Security car "race" me today. It is one of those newer Ford Escapes...it's wet and rainy as fuck so I just drove like normal, he thought we raced though

We got stopped at the next light, and he put his window down, music was at full fucking tilt and he gave me a thumbs up, I gave him a confused look and rolled my window down; I smiled (trying to be pleasant) and said "hard to hook it when I've got no traction through 4th", his smile quickly faded and he just said (in a rough tone) "Have a good day..." and rolled his window up. Lol? He acted like I was making excuses...who can seriously be that dense to think that "their" car, that has twice the weight per horsepower of my car just in stock form, would actually stand any chance? Some people crack me up.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
Old 01-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #2912
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Truck after truck today...I have no idea wth, they all just keep coming for me, I'm not provoking this shit, I don't understand why they think I'm an easy target.

Had a GMC Sierra z71 on the freeway, and had an older lifted silverado and f150 at a light, each one of them kept egging me on. The only one that gave me "fits" if you can even call it that, was the older lifted silverado. We started driving and I grabbed 3rd at about 35 and he punched it. I put a bus and a half on him (probably would have been more if my car didn't decide to lose it's shit between shifts still) but I honestly expected more than that on a 35-100 pull. Dude was definitely quick for a big truck - had a diesel in it, heard the turbo spooling, I'm sure he was probably not expecting that given how quick it was.

Editing to add another, rather than adding another post.

Driving my road back to work (long straight stretch) after getting gas, I come up behind a log jam, flat bed is driving the left lane doing the speed limit, 45mph, with no one in front of him, and everyone behind him. Behind him is a Porsche Cayenne S (SUV, non turbo, dealer plates still), behind him a RAV4, and then me. I'm just getting past the single guy in the right lane, and go to switch over, and the two other guys in front of me decide they want to do the same thing and cut me off (not "literally", just cut off my path to freedom). Cayenne decides to stay in the right lane, Rav 4 decides he's going to cut back over to the left in front of the truck, looks like he's booking so I figure I'll be able to make my way through momentarily...that is, until the Cayenne starts to fuck with the Rav 4, slowly increasing his speed, Rav 4 eventually guns it, I know what's coming next and immediately switch behind the Cayenne; he looks in his side mirror, smiles, and then here comes the puff and away he starts.
Poor guy thinks he's going to show off in front of the Rav 4 and a little V-dub, little does he know how this is actually going to play out
As soon as I have a clear space past the Rav, I jump over and I'm gone

I slowed it back down and waited for him to catch up to give him a thumbs up, but he wouldn't try to pass me, just got right up on me. I gave it a little gas again and he followed suite, which means I then went WOT and left him for dead again. I get stopped at a light at the end of the road, and just as it's turned green again he does a good ole ricer flyby at WOT, followed by having to get on his brakes overly hard to make his turn...

So much for finally getting to use my quote..."Nice car, what's the retail on one of those..."
CSB

Last edited by syonxwf; 01-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.