GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #3011
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithrashmotors View Post
Guy in a wrx tonight. I was rolling at 20 after just flipping a u turn when he spotted me and lined up on a roll. I was rolling in sport mode waiting for him to take the hit when I heard him go full throttle. Went flat and put a good gap on him. Was a cool dude threw me a thumbs up and I asked for another run. Went again from a 20 roll and same results. Chatted at the next light about mods. Always enjoy some comp who don't act like douche bags after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the best. True car guys. Whether I win or lose, always love to chat.

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #3012
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post

Same here it's all in good fun. The wrx was the 2006 model I believe. Said he just had a catback and blow off valve. No down pipe. I thought from a low speed roll and the amount of wheel spin I had he would have inched a bit in the beginning but no.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #3013
Tony48

Drives: 2011 GTI
This thread is entertaining to read through so I figured I'd add my small contribution.

An hour ago when I was running an errand to the bank a dude in a Jeep Wrangler tried to get me to race. This guy had a 4 dr "Moab" Wrangler with all the Jeep bro things ie lifted, huge tires, big metal bumpers, LED light bar, winch, high lift, etc. He was driving really aggressively on a small (45mph speed limit) road in a decent amount of traffic. At a stop light he motioned for me to roll down my window and said "You think you're fast?" He proceeded to ask if I wanted to run later and put money on it . I politely declined. Wonder what he was smoking to think he could take me with his auto trans, 4,500lb+ 4x4. I wish I had been in Mexico so I could have made some easy money .

Oh, he had all the doors off his Jeep and I figured it was so he could be a Jeep bro and show off to everyone. Maybe it was for the weight reduction so he can win some sweet stoplight drag races.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #3014
ithrashmotors

Kid in a gsr swapped civic hatch (asked him what motor he was running after) this weekend smashing on the freeway weaving in and out of cars. Spotted the eBay c pillar bar and new he would be game. Lined up on a roll locked in 2nd gear and just let it rip on him. He was cool and wanted a 1st gear roll after. So I gave him the jump in first and once I heard the vtec crossover I hammered it down and put another bus on him. He was chill and threw me a thumbs up.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #3015
AutoList

Drives: MK6 GTI
All of these stories are great! Very entertaining.
AutoList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #3016
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
This thread is entertaining to read through so I figured I'd add my small contribution.

An hour ago when I was running an errand to the bank a dude in a Jeep Wrangler tried to get me to race. This guy had a 4 dr "Moab" Wrangler with all the Jeep bro things ie lifted, huge tires, big metal bumpers, LED light bar, winch, high lift, etc. He was driving really aggressively on a small (45mph speed limit) road in a decent amount of traffic. At a stop light he motioned for me to roll down my window and said "You think you're fast?" He proceeded to ask if I wanted to run later and put money on it . I politely declined. Wonder what he was smoking to think he could take me with his auto trans, 4,500lb+ 4x4. I wish I had been in Mexico so I could have made some easy money .

Oh, he had all the doors off his Jeep and I figured it was so he could be a Jeep bro and show off to everyone. Maybe it was for the weight reduction so he can win some sweet stoplight drag races.
There is a guy with a diesel swapped Wranger that lives around my town that thinks his jeep is quick. One day I watched him almost cause a head on collision going around a Chevy traverse from a red light. I would love to go against him one day.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #3017
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Was it the Q50 Red Sport? I guess it had to be cause the 2.0t only makes about 200hp and the 3.0t (trim below the red sport) makes 300hp and weighs 3,700 lbs.

BTW thats a $48,000 car right there... probably a bit more
Yes it was (says so in the original story )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post

It's always the worst when someone gets butthurt after a loss...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctre View Post
There is a guy with a diesel swapped Wranger that lives around my town that thinks his jeep is quick. One day I watched him almost cause a head on collision going around a Chevy traverse from a red light. I would love to go against him one day.
Wtf is wrong with Wranglers? I've had 2 try me, I don't get it...
I get to a red light that one is sitting at and was lined up next to him, it was an older jeep, looked like he just got done mudding it, and he revved it. I looked and laughed thinking it was a joke, but he was serious. I took off gently from the light and he's balls to the wall, and he's not going anywhere. I got it into second so I wasn't going to kill my tires and rolled into it and kbaifelicia.
He turned at the next possible intersection.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #3018
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by syonxwf View Post
Yes it was (says so in the original story )

It's always the worst when someone gets butthurt after a loss...

Wtf is wrong with Wranglers? I've had 2 try me, I don't get it...
I get to a red light that one is sitting at and was lined up next to him, it was an older jeep, looked like he just got done mudding it, and he revved it. I looked and laughed thinking it was a joke, but he was serious. I took off gently from the light and he's balls to the wall, and he's not going anywhere. I got it into second so I wasn't going to kill my tires and rolled into it and kbaifelicia.
He turned at the next possible intersection.
I had some frat bro in his base sport model revving his engine at me while I'm stopped at a light. Like I should be impressed with revving an engine with the exact same car I rented in Cancun
Old 07-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #3019
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Had a stop light race with some guy in an X3 35d. We were both first in light and I needed to make a right at the next intersection, so I was sitting on left lane. Put it on sport mode and gave about 60-70% shifting at 5k until I reached 45, BMW somehow tried to race me and pulled up over one car space, then he fly bys me at 55 on a 35 when the next light was red
Old 07-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #3020
93serprise

Drives: Black 2012 4 door DSG GTI
I have read all 215 pages of this thread, and chuckled many times over the absurdity of people in general. Here is my first story ! I was headed back to work yesterday from Subway, and approached some railroad tracks. Out of habit, I slowed down a tad going over the tracks and this D-bag in his jacked up F150 floored his gas pedal and went around me with a shitty look on his Duck Dynasty-esque face. I guess he didn't like me slowing down a mile or two in front of him. We both end up at the red light a little further up. He rolls his window down, sticks his unkempt head out and proceeds to tell me how slow my car is compared to his truck and how he is going to show me that my German car is inferior. I NEVER street race...ever. I drive spiritedly, but never against another car. I was feeling a little ballsy though, and silently laughed while getting ready for the challenge. The light turns green, he floors it and I modulate the lower gears while giving him a lead. In 3rd gear, I floor it and quickly surpass his distance and then some. The look in his side view mirror as I gained on him was priceless indeed. I slowed back down to the speed limit after putting bus loads of space in between us, and see him gunning his truck again. As he passes me going at least 20-25 mph over, I see an officer on a motorcycle pointing his speed gun in our direction. I had the biggest smile knowing that this guy was about to hate life. The funny thing is that I work IT for the county, and knowing that a co-worker pulled that asshole over made my day. Cool Story Bros !
CTS K04 w/ Stratified crackle tune ,Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune, Neuspeed FMIC, Neuspeed TOP, CTS Turbo throttle pipe, Fluidampr, Godspeed DP, Magnaflow CBE, Integrated Engineering intake, R8 Coilpacks, DV+, 30% tint, NS boost gauge kit, BFI torque insert, Spulen dog bone mount, SPM rear sway bar, Eurosport Rear brace, Unibrace UB, H&R SS springs, Depo LED Tails, Blue blindspot mirrors, BFI Stage 2 mounts, Style 628 Alzor wheels, YK580's.
93serprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #3021
tkelly0727
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 mk6 gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93serprise View Post
I have read all 215 pages of this thread, and chuckled many times over the absurdity of people in general. Here is my first story ! I was headed back to work yesterday from Subway, and approached some railroad tracks. Out of habit, I slowed down a tad going over the tracks and this D-bag in his jacked up F150 floored his gas pedal and went around me with a shitty look on his Duck Dynasty-esque face. I guess he didn't like me slowing down a mile or two in front of him. We both end up at the red light a little further up. He rolls his window down, sticks his unkempt head out and proceeds to tell me how slow my car is compared to his truck and how he is going to show me that my German car is inferior. I NEVER street race...ever. I drive spiritedly, but never against another car. I was feeling a little ballsy though, and silently laughed while getting ready for the challenge. The light turns green, he floors it and I modulate the lower gears while giving him a lead. In 3rd gear, I floor it and quickly surpass his distance and then some. The look in his side view mirror as I gained on him was priceless indeed. I slowed back down to the speed limit after putting bus loads of space in between us, and see him gunning his truck again. As he passes me going at least 20-25 mph over, I see an officer on a motorcycle pointing his speed gun in our direction. I had the biggest smile knowing that this guy was about to hate life. The funny thing is that I work IT for the county, and knowing that a co-worker pulled that asshole over made my day. Cool Story Bros !
tkelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #3022
Tony48

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93serprise View Post
Truck owners crack me up. So many of them drive like aggressive a**holes and think their huge truck is actually fast. Just because your truck has a 1 million liter displacement, gets 7 mpg, and can tow a space shuttle in a commercial or some equally useless feat doesn't mean you can/should try to race it.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #3023
ithrashmotors

Quote:
Truck owners crack me up. So many of them drive like aggressive a**holes and think their huge truck is actually fast. Just because your truck has a 1 million liter displacement, gets 7 mpg, and can tow a space shuttle in a commercial or some equally useless feat doesn't mean you can/should try to race it.

Agreed. One time I was waiting at a light and needed to get over to the left lane to make the turn to my house. There's this huge white truck next to me on the left windows down blasting music. Looking over at me the whole time. I put it in manual mode and ease into the gas nothing fast at all I just wanted a little push to get over and of course he floored it and prevented me from getting over.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #3024
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg