GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #42687
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Oh yeah... warmed up enough to put these on. Bought them off a member here. Easy to put on.. protect the sides from road rash and other drivers from rooster tails lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #42688
Mk6_vic
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Mk6 GTI 2011. 2-Door. Candy White
Got my 4 wheels ceramic coated 🤟🏽🤟🏽Woohoo!
Mk6_vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:33 PM   #42689
typeronin
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW GTI
Fitted some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Got a damn good deal on them but mostly I'm just happy not to be driving on winters anymore.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #42690
SJC
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeronin View Post
Fitted some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Got a damn good deal on them but mostly I'm just happy not to be driving on winters anymore.
How do you like the Indy 500 Tires?
Im getting the same tires installed on Apr 12th.
SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #42691
typeronin
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC View Post
How do you like the Indy 500 Tires?
Im getting the same tires installed on Apr 12th.
So far so good. Make sure you send in the $100 mail in rebate from NTD.

If you want to be extra frugal, you can order two from two different Kal Tires and get that price down another $100 (until March 31)
Old 03-31-2018, 12:08 AM   #42692
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
ordered stoptech rotors (slotted) and EBC redstuff brakepads. once i have them ill be making appointment to have that and DP install done by the shop that did my springs 2 years ago. looking forward to finally making progress on my parts backlog.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #42693
Deathbyart
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2011 Autobahn GTI
Swapped out Detroits for Austins
Deathbyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #42694
PhthaloType
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Gave her a long overdue wash (well, yesterday). The pollen's been nuts here lately, every car has a lime-green haze on it.

Fell in love with the "magic eraser" product. It was able to finally get off some set-in grime on the back of the car that nothing else could. Also makes quick work of minor scuffs and stubborn bugs.

While I was washing it, a woman walking her dog down the street told me "I love clean white cars. They look sticky, like Elmer's glue."

PhthaloType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:50 PM   #42695
cybonic
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Mk6 Gold GTi
just ordered NGK Racing Competition Plugs R7434-8 for my gtx setup. car pulls great with 18degrees advance timing with 80% meth. slight 0.8 timing pull at 6k rpm though
Old 04-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #42696
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Put on my summer rims and tires on Saturday and gave her a nice wash. I believe it was close to 60 degrees outside and sunny.

It is now snowing today (monday 4/2/18). About 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. When will winter end???
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #42697
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Put on my summer rims and tires on Saturday and gave her a nice wash. I believe it was close to 60 degrees outside and sunny.

It is now snowing today (monday 4/2/18). About 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. When will winter end???
I just washed my car on Saturday as well, had to do it twice to get everything off. This better be the last snow we get this season.
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #42698
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhthaloType View Post
Gave her a long overdue wash (well, yesterday). The pollen's been nuts here lately, every car has a lime-green haze on it.

Fell in love with the "magic eraser" product. It was able to finally get off some set-in grime on the back of the car that nothing else could. Also makes quick work of minor scuffs and stubborn bugs.

While I was washing it, a woman walking her dog down the street told me "I love clean white cars. They look sticky, like Elmer's glue."

Magic eraser you say? Hmmmmm
Old 04-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #42699
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
The other day i removed my under-seat trays form my plaid seat, in prep for install on the leather seats i bought recently. I was going to use pop rivets again to attach the support bracket but im thinking some well applied zip ties would be good enough. especially since im unsure which size pop rivet was used first go around. BTW drilling those out was a PITA.

The leather seats i bought have power lumbar that isnt working, so ill be researching how to fix that. Still need to clear the airbag lights - VCDS didn't do the trick so ill check the connections again and then disconnect the battery to see if that works. If you know how to enable the power lumber, hook a dude up

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #42700
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
I just washed my car on Saturday as well, had to do it twice to get everything off. This better be the last snow we get this season.
For realllll. I'm over winter - its spring and it needs to stop snowing right now.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?