GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 03-25-2017, 04:31 AM   #113
feedingthesickness
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CW Golf R
new wheels + BBK = yum. still got that big ass apr sticker?
Old 03-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #114
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 CW .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingthesickness View Post
new wheels + BBK = yum. still got that big ass apr sticker?
Ohh yeah, I've had the wheels + BBK on for a while now and don't regret it at all. Changes the handling of the car completely; way more confident in my driving skills with the brakes.

Hahaha, yeah still rocking the APR decal & an AU Tuning window banner. I love it lol; people can hate all they want. It actually helps as people get out of the way when I'm up in the canyons when they see me. lmfao

Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #115
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Switched the rear sway bar to the stiffer setting and got an alignment to dial in more camber in hopes to help the car not understeer as much. Suspension tuning is definitely a fine art lol
Old 12-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #116
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

This build is gonna get exciting. 660wtq capable twin-disk clutch.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #117
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Tjasko's Golf R Build

I was a little mysterious in my last update. Here's the reason why I needed a clutch that can handle so much power... IE450T big turbo kit (and their intake manifold for mooorrreee pooowwweeerrr + ability to easily add water meth in the future when the motor is built)! It's a BorgWarner EFR 6758 and I'll tell you, this turbo is friggen amazeballs. Drove the car for a bit before I left for vaca, and it's hella fun.

While I was doing the clutch at the same time, also upgraded to the ECS clutch bleeder block and stainless line. Pedal feel is definitely more responsive. Replaced the rear main seal while the flywheel was out (why the heck not, itís a cheap part). Because the intake manifold was removed, got the injectors cleaned and resealed because it wasnít done during the carbon cleaning.

Huge props to Blair Automotive/BMP Tuning out in Dallas for installing this kit and IE for the help they've provided along the way.

Last edited by tjasko; 12-25-2017 at 12:53 AM.
tjasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #118
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Awesome car. I'll have to go through your thread when I have more reading time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #119
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Awesome car. I'll have to go through your thread when I have more reading time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ė buildís starting to get fun!
Old 12-25-2017, 12:46 AM   #120
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Love this car! Good job bro!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2017, 12:49 AM   #121
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Tjasko's Golf R Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithrashmotors
Love this car! Good job bro!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah Iíve always been really picky what parts I throw on her, and so far Iím definitely very happy how itís coming along.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:48 AM   #122
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Because paint work is important too... Iím a noob at this, but compounded and polished the hood and wowsers, huge difference. I gotta up the buffer speed and compound it longer to remove more scratches, but it looks way better than it did. The paint is actually a little brighter than it was before... guess the clear coat was just in a little rough shape because this hasnít ever been done.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #123
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

ECS was running a discount on that twin disk clutch I have after I bought it, and they were super nice to credit my account $130. I think I used the money well, BFI shift knob for $25! It's about darn time I pick one up. It was that or to purchase the parts for the timing belt job, but I'm at 70k and that can be held off for another 5k/10k miles safely.

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES3022038/
Old 01-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #124
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
that's a big-azz turbo! nice build. Props on the polisher, i made due with my 7424XP from porter cable but wish to god i had something more serious.
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #125
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
that's a big-azz turbo! nice build. Props on the polisher, i made due with my 7424XP from porter cable but wish to god i had something more serious.

Heheheh thanks! Itís not a huge turbo compared to some, but I was going for something with fast spool and this definitely does it. Ė dynoing will be coming up soon enough, 100 more city miles left.

Ohh the polisher is great. I used the hood as my first test panel and wow, itís amazing. Removed all the tiny clear coat scratches. Before I was polishing by hand and itís incredibly hard to do the entire car without aching like crazy. Porter Cables work too and your wallet isnít hurting as bad lol... I figured itís something that should last me a lifetime, especially that it wonít see that much use unlike a pro detailer.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #126
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Finally dynoed my IE450T kit! 393awhp/374lbft. Mustang dynos usually read lower, so it's pretty on-par with IE's numbers. Also got some logs, so will send those over to IE just to look over.

Last edited by tjasko; 03-24-2018 at 03:34 PM.
tjasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
450t, build, golf r, ie450t