GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 02-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #15
Lupin
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI
Don't forget that not all items on their website are eligible for the $200 free shipping. In addition to the spin to win bullshit that I've been following for years and the insane shipping cost, I've steered clear from them ever since. There are a ton of other vendors who sells for much cheaper including shipping cost. As for OEM parts, its cheaper to buy it at my local dealer. There are also vendors that sells OEM parts that does not take you for a ride when it comes to shipping cost.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #16
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
If the perception of ECS's shipping price is negative, where does that come from? Do they really stand out as having absurd shipping prices? I don't order enough stuff to know. They seem to defend their shipping prices, but have never really commented on why their shipping cost is more than other sites.

The one time I can remember buying something from ECS, I had to return it due to a defect. It was free shipping and they covered the shipping cost to return it.
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:35 PM   #17
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I shop around, but they run a great website and I do give them business. I ship used parts sometimes, $15-30 for small to average sized boxes is not unusual. If someone else offers free shipping it's usually a higher price or direct ship from the manufacturer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #18
ShawnP
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 Candy White GTI MK6
They have there "free shipping" under some items and then you try and check out and all of a sudden there is a shipping charge. It's annoying as hell.

I agree with mkvturbogli! Check out moddedeuros.com I use them and they are great when it comes to shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShawnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #19
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Tornado Red GTI
Iv honestly never had a bad experience with ECS other then me never winning the holiday spin the wheel crap which aggravates the crap out of me. But like andy said take advantage of the items that have free shipping which is what i do and get all my other stuff shipped free.
2010 Tornado Red Unitronic Downpipe Unitronic Catback H&R Super Sports R8 Ignition Coils Unitronic Intake Unitronic Stage II GFB DV+ NSP Boost Gauge 20% Tint Neuspeed TBP Spulen TOP Shaved Front Bumper GSP Intercooler
iAhhMaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #20
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAhhMaze View Post
Iv honestly never had a bad experience with ECS other then me never winning the holiday spin the wheel crap which aggravates the crap out of me. But like andy said take advantage of the items that have free shipping which is what i do and get all my other stuff shipped free.
considering that i never heard/saw anyone win that, I just imagined it was a designed campaign for site traffic.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
considering that i never heard/saw anyone win that, I just imagined it was a designed campaign for site traffic.
No my buddy won this year twice.( first year playing)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
2010 Tornado Red Unitronic Downpipe Unitronic Catback H&R Super Sports R8 Ignition Coils Unitronic Intake Unitronic Stage II GFB DV+ NSP Boost Gauge 20% Tint Neuspeed TBP Spulen TOP Shaved Front Bumper GSP Intercooler
Old 03-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #22
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Never bought anything from them because they always have the highest prices on anything I was looking to buy online. I don't understand how they're still in business.

PCV? Found it cheaper on Amazon
Wobble bolts? Found them cheaper on eBay
UniConnect+? They don't offer it, bought it from ModdedEuros
Dogbone mount? Cheaper from 034Motorsport

They don't even offer the SouthBend clutch drop-in disc I'm planning on getting...

So yeah, no clue how they're still around, probably just a lot of suckers out there with more money than common sense.
handisnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #23
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by handisnacks View Post
Never bought anything from them because they always have the highest prices on anything I was looking to buy online. I don't understand how they're still in business.

PCV? Found it cheaper on Amazon
Wobble bolts? Found them cheaper on eBay
UniConnect+? They don't offer it, bought it from ModdedEuros
Dogbone mount? Cheaper from 034Motorsport

They don't even offer the SouthBend clutch drop-in disc I'm planning on getting...

So yeah, no clue how they're still around, probably just a lot of suckers out there with more money than common sense.
You have to be careful with amazon they sell a lot of knock off stuff on there and claim its oem

Old 03-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #24
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAhhMaze View Post
You have to be careful with amazon they sell a lot of knock off stuff on there and claim its oem
Oh I know, I generally always buy aftermarket though because it's cheaper. The seller advertised it as aftermarket and it was. Works fine though
handisnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #25
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by handisnacks View Post
Oh I know, I generally always buy aftermarket though because it's cheaper. The seller advertised it as aftermarket and it was. Works fine though
I mean, honestly you can't compare chinese knockoff oem stuff sold on amazon to real oem stuff from vw or ecs. Of course the real oem will be priced higher.....
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #26
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I mean, honestly you can't compare chinese knockoff oem stuff sold on amazon to real oem stuff from vw or ecs. Of course the real oem will be priced higher.....
True that

Old 03-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #27
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
Screen shot from an attempt to order my wife a trunk liner for her jetta

Whats up with that shipping charge?
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #28
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdagators View Post
Screen shot from an attempt to order my wife a trunk liner for her jetta

Whats up with that shipping charge?
Why not get it from the dealer