GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #29
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
shipping charges not price is my question
I could get it from the dealer, but I had gift cards........Wanted to order here
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #30
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Tornado Red GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdagators View Post
shipping charges not price is my question
Pretty big item to ship

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
2010 Tornado Red Unitronic Downpipe Unitronic Catback H&R Super Sports R8 Ignition Coils Unitronic Intake Unitronic Stage II GFB DV+ NSP Boost Gauge 20% Tint Neuspeed TBP Spulen TOP Shaved Front Bumper GSP Intercooler
iAhhMaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #31
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAhhMaze View Post
Pretty big item to ship

Agreed, but $46.00
Pass
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #32
iAhhMaze
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Tornado Red GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdagators View Post
Agreed, but $46.00
Pass
Yeah its pricey that's for sure

2010 Tornado Red Unitronic Downpipe Unitronic Catback H&R Super Sports R8 Ignition Coils Unitronic Intake Unitronic Stage II GFB DV+ NSP Boost Gauge 20% Tint Neuspeed TBP Spulen TOP Shaved Front Bumper GSP Intercooler
iAhhMaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #33
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
It would probably be similarly priced if you were to go get a box to fit it in and ship. It's an odd shape and its large. Probably would cost about $45 dollars in all money spent.

Sadly, that's not the worst I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #34
jonsetsfire
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Shadow Blue Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAhhMaze View Post
Pretty big item to ship

This.

It's an odd size as well as a hefty item. As stated, dimensions and weight all take place in shipping. As well as distance. Not to say they're not a big enough company but I doubt they ship enough to garner the kind of shipping discounts other retailers, not just auto parts, can offer that most of us are used to. I work for a small retailer and we ship stuff all the time. We don't see discounts and shipping can get hefty. It's the way of the shipping world.

And to compare stock from one vendor to another is apples and oranges. It's all part of business. Not everyone is going to have the same partnerships with manufacturers. This is how they make money. This is why it's a free market economy and not communist Russia.

Every time I've ordered from ECS I've had nothing but great experiences. I even have a package from them en route to me as I type this. Which CS had to get involved with due to payment issues. Two emails later and everything was kosher. I've had issues with stuff for my mk4, as well. Either not sure it's the right part or it just didn't work because my model year wasn't included(window up/down flash). They took care of me. Refunded me and let me keep the product. One instance we swapped emails/pictures and calls back and forth during an install to make sure the part was the right one.

I'm not really sure what else to ask for from a company. Besides free swag...hint hint, nudge nudge.

But I digress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
jonsetsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #35
mkvturbogli
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '08 TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnP View Post
They have there "free shipping" under some items and then you try and check out and all of a sudden there is a shipping charge. It's annoying as hell.

I agree with mkvturbogli! Check out moddedeuros.com I use them and they are great when it comes to shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention there is a percentage off if you look in the vendors section .
mkvturbogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM   #36
ECS Tuning
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: Modified ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsetsfire View Post
This.

It's an odd size as well as a hefty item. As stated, dimensions and weight all take place in shipping. As well as distance. Not to say they're not a big enough company but I doubt they ship enough to garner the kind of shipping discounts other retailers, not just auto parts, can offer that most of us are used to. I work for a small retailer and we ship stuff all the time. We don't see discounts and shipping can get hefty. It's the way of the shipping world.

And to compare stock from one vendor to another is apples and oranges. It's all part of business. Not everyone is going to have the same partnerships with manufacturers. This is how they make money. This is why it's a free market economy and not communist Russia.

Every time I've ordered from ECS I've had nothing but great experiences. I even have a package from them en route to me as I type this. Which CS had to get involved with due to payment issues. Two emails later and everything was kosher. I've had issues with stuff for my mk4, as well. Either not sure it's the right part or it just didn't work because my model year wasn't included(window up/down flash). They took care of me. Refunded me and let me keep the product. One instance we swapped emails/pictures and calls back and forth during an install to make sure the part was the right one.

I'm not really sure what else to ask for from a company. Besides free swag...hint hint, nudge nudge.

But I digress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Thanks for the support!

Andy
Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #37
deepflip
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: GTR/GT3/M5/RS7/M4/C63/GOLF R
Ive always purchased from ECS never had problem, ever. They ship out same day, boxed rly good, prices are basically same as other sites.
Golf R 2013: stg2 UM loaded|UM Proflex e85|Autotech HPFP|Cts Turbo CAI|Cts Turbo RFD|Cts Turbo throttle pipe|Cts Turbo Outlet pipe|Forge FMIC|Forge BOV|Spm DP|Milltek CBE|R8 coilpack|Tyrolspot deadset|Black forest DB|Clutch Master FX400|BFI Engine & Tranny Mount|UM Haldex Tune|DG Shifter|Snow Water/Meth stg2|SuperTech spring & retainer|APR solid cable bracket|Fluidampr crank pulley|
deepflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #38
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I mean, honestly you can't compare chinese knockoff oem stuff sold on amazon to real oem stuff from vw or ecs. Of course the real oem will be priced higher.....
I don't really see much of a difference. I've never had any issues with aftermarket parts like this (the pcv for example). I can guarantee you they all only come from a few specific factories in China in the first place. They also sell aftermarket on ECS as well.

Even if you wanted the name brand VW product, places like http://shopdap.com/ offer them for cheaper than ECS.
handisnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #39
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by handisnacks View Post
I don't really see much of a difference. I've never had any issues with aftermarket parts like this (the pcv for example). I can guarantee you they all only come from a few specific factories in China in the first place. They also sell aftermarket on ECS as well.

Even if you wanted the name brand VW product, places like http://shopdap.com/ offer them for cheaper than ECS.
I would disagree with you. Knowing how the tool and die and toolmaking industries work, thats not necessarily true.

Here's a breakdown of how it works:

VW Hires a third party to make X part as their oem supplier.

The tool maker builds a stamp or press or mold whatever to make said part.

The tool that meets all of the specifications go through to make the production parts.

The tool/press/molds that do not meet the spec for whatever reason are sold to the aftermarket suppliers. They claim "oem" which it would have been, if it met all of the specs.

You might not ever run into any issues. But the reality is that something is not up to VW spec with those knockoffs which is why they are sold at nearly half the price.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #40
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
I've had no issues with ECS Tuning but then again I'm more understanding than other people when it comes to small businesses.

Everyone is always striving to save that extra $2 dollars here and $5 dollars there but at the end of the day that's what kills small businesses. With that being said, ECS Tuning does have the lowest price on some items (e.g., Mann Oil Filters) and I usually buy items in large bulk (when I can) and ship it all together with other items, to save money that way. They've never steered me wrong and until they do, I'll keep buying my parts from them.
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #41
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I would disagree with you. Knowing how the tool and die and toolmaking industries work, thats not necessarily true.

Here's a breakdown of how it works:

VW Hires a third party to make X part as their oem supplier.

The tool maker builds a stamp or press or mold whatever to make said part.

The tool that meets all of the specifications go through to make the production parts.

The tool/press/molds that do not meet the spec for whatever reason are sold to the aftermarket suppliers. They claim "oem" which it would have been, if it met all of the specs.

You might not ever run into any issues. But the reality is that something is not up to VW spec with those knockoffs which is why they are sold at nearly half the price.
If you go down the chain further you'd more than likely find that the OEM supplier that VW has chosen is just getting their parts (or a portion of their parts) from the same factories in China. Aftermarket parts are NOT just "cast-off" of OEM parts that didn't meet spec. I don't know where you got that impression. More often than not, good aftermarket suppliers just save money because there's no big brand associated with it, thus fewer markups down the chain.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #42
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
Everyone is always striving to save that extra $2 dollars here and $5 dollars there but at the end of the day that's what kills small businesses. With that being said, ECS Tuning does have the lowest price on some items (e.g., Mann Oil Filters) and I usually buy items in large bulk (when I can) and ship it all together with other items, to save money that way. They've never steered me wrong and until they do, I'll keep buying my parts from them.
If there's a $2 or $5 difference that's not a problem for most people.

My aftermarket PCV I bought was $45 on Amazon.
They have the EXACT same aftermarket part at ECS for $90.

See here: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...ine/ES2681183/

That's a huge difference, plus shipping from Amazon is cheaper (free usually).

The only reason their oil filters are cheaper is due to the fact that they make up so much in shipping charges. That and if someone is buying a large enough bulk of them to get free shipping, they still make money, it's just a slimmer margin at that point.