GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 02-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #57
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
A lot of stuff, if the total of the order is over $49, ships for free now

I ordered some wheel spacers, lug bolts, strut bearings, and some other miscellaneous hardware....$0 for shipping

Just sayin'
Weird. I ordered some bolts and hub rings and the total was over $50 and they wanted $21 in shipping, so I just cancelled the order. Odd that some people get charged heavily and others don't. It's a major deciding factor to pay nearly as much as your purchase for shipping. They have to make a killing on their shipping - I don't know anyone that charges that much to ship small items - I can't and won't support a company that just runs its customers like that. I just got the same products off of Ebay for a significant amount less direct from the manufacturer.
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD

Last edited by Trytun; 02-04-2017 at 01:13 AM.
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:29 AM   #58
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
I agree that shipping costs DO play a role

Well the spacers had free shipping & then I just kept adding shit...so I dunno
Anything that said free shipping or had the little truck shipped free too, so I guess it all was included (the stuff that I picked/bought)
Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #59
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
i bought a downpipe exhaust gasket and some nuts for a downpipe install and i was quoted 5.56 for shipping(per their shipping estimator in the cart).. completed the paypal transaction and it instantly jumped shipping up to like 19.66... i sent a message to their live chat and talked to them and i guess paypal defaults to UPS ground shipping where as they $5 shipping was from fedex economy... so she switched it over to the fedex for me.
They recommended i go through the cart to choose my actual shipping option instead of just hitting the use paypal now from the cart button as paypal just uses certain default shipping methods apparently?

Either way they took care of it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:30 AM   #60
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
^^I know what you're talking about

On the PayPal site, there is a drop down for the shipping method (& cost) by your shipping address IIRC
Old 02-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #61
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
^^I know what you're talking about

On the PayPal site, there is a drop down for the shipping method (& cost) by your shipping address IIRC
I didn't notice that.. i was looking and it just said shipping $0.00 so i was confused but i saw the estimate(while on ECS cart not in paypal) so i just went ahead with it.. and then boom.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #62
TimS
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 Golf R
I've had some issues with their shipping last couple of times I've ordered from them.

My most recent order was this past Friday morning, all 3 items were marked 'if ordered now, ships today'. I got the shipping notification on Friday (the 3rd), but according to FedEx tracking, they just printed the label - the package didn't actually ship out until today (the 7th).

I get that free shipping is going to take longer and they're not going to move with much urgency, but don't tell me the item ships the same day if you're going to sit on it for 4 days. Creating the label the same day doesn't count.
TimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #63
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
I've had some issues with their shipping last couple of times I've ordered from them.

My most recent order was this past Friday morning, all 3 items were marked 'if ordered now, ships today'. I got the shipping notification on Friday (the 3rd), but according to FedEx tracking, they just printed the label - the package didn't actually ship out until today (the 7th).

I get that free shipping is going to take longer and they're not going to move with much urgency, but don't tell me the item ships the same day if you're going to sit on it for 4 days. Creating the label the same day doesn't count.
Thats on Fedex. They only pick up economy on the weekdays(Freeshipping option). not sure why it didnt get picked up on Monday though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #64
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I'm guessing friday fedex had already stopped by so it didn't get picked up. Monday it got picked up and taken to fedex and tuesday morning it left on the truck.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #65
2012TP
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Slow
I've ordered from ECS between 5-10x now. They're no ModdedEuros in terms of service, but I've never had any real issues.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #66
TimS
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Thats on Fedex. They only pick up economy on the weekdays(Freeshipping option). not sure why it didnt get picked up on Monday though.
Or on Friday, since I placed the order before noon and their cutoff is late afternoon.

This has only been an issue recently - up until the new year, if I placed an order on Wednesday or Thursday it would be at my door on Friday or Saturday. My last couple of orders have taken 2-3 days to even leave the warehouse.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #67
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Or on Friday, since I placed the order before noon and their cutoff is late afternoon.

This has only been an issue recently - up until the new year, if I placed an order on Wednesday or Thursday it would be at my door on Friday or Saturday. My last couple of orders have taken 2-3 days to even leave the warehouse.
Yeah, you also gotta read the fine print. it says it would take up to 3 days of processing before it ships.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #68
TimS
Rally Car Champion

Then they should remove "ships today" from the item descriptions and checkout process.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #69
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I disagree with you, i was in the same position as the guy you quoted, i purchased an item that said "ships today", this was on a Monday morning, the item didn't ship until Wednesday, looking at tracking info all they did was circle jerk on Monday, create a label late on Tuesday (probably time after FedEx does their local pick up), and FedEx didn't pick up until Wednesday. ECS tried to blame FedEx also but tracking info shows exactly what happened, they just don't care and lie when someone complains about it .

I would understand if they created a label same day before their local Fedex pick up time, and FedEx failed to pick up for 2 days, but that's not what happened.

But regardless, if they know what the FexEx schedule is, and that it won't ship past a certain time. They need to turn off the "ships same day" advertisement. Its misleading and its a lie.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #70
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
I disagree with you, i was in the same position as the guy you quoted, i purchased an item that said "ships today", this was on a Monday morning, the item didn't ship until Wednesday, looking at tracking info all they did was circle jerk on Monday, create a label late on Tuesday (probably time after FedEx does their local pick up), and FedEx didn't pick up until Wednesday. ECS tried to blame FedEx also but tracking info shows exactly what happened, they just don't care and lie when someone complains about it .

I would understand if they created a label same day before their local Fedex pick up time, and FedEx failed to pick up for 2 days, but that's not what happened.

But regardless, if they know what the FexEx schedule is, and that it won't ship past a certain time. They need to turn off the "ships same day" advertisement. Its misleading and its a lie.
I dunno just my .02 on a Friday order not shipping till the next business week.

Also my order that was messed up on shipping price was the "ships today" thing and i got it in like 4 days. i ordered on a Friday and got it the following Wednesday. Fedex Economy which states 4-8 business days iirc.
Quote:
Quote: