GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #43
blingdub
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI MK6 Autobahn MT, Uni 1+
sub'd. really curious to see pricing. eurodyne's the only game in town which gives access to all maps, but the cost doesn't really make sense for anyone who's already tuned.
blingdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #44
mr wrong
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2017 Golf Alltrack
I'd like to see a rev matching feature for manual cars.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #45
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wrong View Post

You're embarrassing. Just stop. Get a DSG.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #46
Goingnowherefast

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
Quote:
We have rev matching already... You just have to use both of your feet lol

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #47
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Is this even possible in a manual transmission car?
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #48
Goingnowherefast

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
Is this even possible in a manual transmission car?
Rev matching is one of the most basic core skills of a manual transmission lol. You can also do it while braking with Hoe Toe rev matching. If laziness is your thing then yes there is a system that that blips the throttle as seen with the Nissan 370z's 6MT.

To demonstrate Heel/toe here's my boy Ayrton showing us how it's done.

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Old 03-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #49
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
Rev matching is one of the most basic core skills of a manual transmission lol. You can also do it while braking with Hoe Toe rev matching. If laziness is your thing then yes there is a system that that blips the throttle as seen with the Nissan 370z's 6MT.

To demonstrate Heel/toe here's my boy Ayrton showing us how it's done.
I know and I do it often, but I was asking if it's possible for the car to rev match by itself on a manual transmission.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #50
Goingnowherefast

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
I know and I do it often, but I was asking if it's possible for the car to rev match by itself on a manual transmission.
Yes sir. It would technically be fairly easy too. Just have to make it so that when the clutch switch reaches X voltage reading, open the throttle Y amount. But again this isn't really a feature Id want to see early on. We need NLS and LC before that.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #51
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamock116 View Post
This could be a game changer for VW tuning. The Cobb AP is really, really cool. Might make the other tuners lower prices to compete.
and will introduce a lot of other tuners that will sell their flashes through the AP.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #52
sauceman101

Drives: 2010 UG GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
You're embarrassing. Just stop. Get a DSG.
+1

Quote:
Yes sir. It would technically be fairly easy too. Just have to make it so that when the clutch switch reaches X voltage reading, open the throttle Y amount. But again this isn't really a feature Id want to see early on. We need NLS and LC before that.
You are incorrect, it's significantly more complicated than this. Acceleromaters in the stick mechanism or at the base and a very powerful computer to control/determine what gear you're selecting in 1/1000s of a second to then apply throttle appropriately for the gear you've chosen. With your logic, you'd only be able to shift down one gear at a time, which in a track situation, dropping two gears in some scenarios is necessary (the only two purposes of rev matching, to make a driver look like a hero when they're not experienced enough to heal toe at the track, or if you're lazy on the street). If it's the later, that's why the few vehicles that offer this option, the new vette's some of the new stangs and I think camaros? have auto varients
2010 UG GTI 6MT: Peloquin LSD, APR Stage 1, DIY RSR Clutch, VWR Streetsport+ Coils, IE Camber Plates, 034M Front End Links, Hotchkis RSB, APR Stage 1+2 Carbino Intake, HPA Red Subframe Puck, Enkei PF01s wrapped w/ Star Spec 2s, AWE DP, [i] Magnaflow CBE, BIG things coming if you catch the drift
sauceman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #53
Goingnowherefast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauceman101 View Post
You are incorrect, it's significantly more complicated than this. Acceleromaters in the stick mechanism or at the base and a very powerful computer to control/determine what gear you're selecting in 1/1000s of a second to then apply throttle appropriately for the gear you've chosen. With your logic, you'd only be able to shift down one gear at a time, which in a track situation, dropping two gears in some scenarios is necessary (the only two purposes of rev matching, to make a driver look like a hero when they're not experienced enough to heal toe at the track, or if you're lazy on the street). If it's the later, that's why the few vehicles that offer this option, the new vette's some of the new stangs and I think camaros? have auto varients
The new Porsche will have it as well. I was oversimplifying it, my point was more to how I would think they could do it in an aftermarket scenario. But I agree I don't see the point of it either when you have two very capable feet.

Last edited by Goingnowherefast; 03-01-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #54
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
The new Porsche will have it as well. I was oversimplifying it, my point was more to how they I would think they could do it in an aftermarket scenario. But I agree I don't see the point of it either when you have two very capable feet.
A guy I know has a BRZ and got aftermarket software to rev match. He races competitively and the BRZ is just his mess around track car though so he wanted to try it. Says it's really cool but yeah nothing your feet can't do either.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #55
cbaumy34
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 gti
Nice I will wait for this to tune my car!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sold!2013 CSG Gti, 6 Speed. Mods: Stock tune, P3 VIDI boost gauge, CTS catback, 42 draft intake,BFI Gs2r shift knob,s3 short shifter, clutch stop led trunk light, plaid license plate frame.
cbaumy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #56
13GTI Fade
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 Carbon Steel Gti
I have been looking at ordering the uni connect but this has me intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13GTI Fade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobb, tuning, will it fit my honda?